Is pushing or ganking better to win a game?

Push 76 64.96%
Gank 41 35.04%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Push or Gank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

drivec

09-27-2009

i like to push and when they push back = they die.

Kabelis

09-28-2009

Well, in LoL, towers and inhibitors are SOO easy to kill that pushing is honestly way better of a tactic.

But I suppose it's good, because weak towers help to force teamfights and games don't last that long

White Rock

09-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGBudai View Post
Even gankers have to push.
Even pushers have to gank?

I usally try to get a gank first, THEN push. Or push with 1 guy if we're defending from a push.

Deshi

09-28-2009

If you have someone who can solo towers on your team (read - Master Yi), then there's no reason why you can't do both.

But really, the two shouldn't be mutually exclusive.

Monnok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2009

Push.

Understandably, Ive had some people get annoyed when I do this, but when there are team fights mid, if i have a pushing hero(eg Sivir) I let it be 4v5 and tele to another lane to push. Sometimes the distraction of losing a tower causes the other team to make a costly mistake in the battle, or start withdrawing to counter me, which gives my team better odds. A few times i have managed to take an inhib before the other team bothered to counter. Do this just a few times will increase your team's chances of winning drastically.

Too many people refuse to push unless the other team is down by at least 1, forgetting how short death timers are in LoL. It helps for sure, but killing a tower is much more permanent than killing 1+ heroes.

Zeyk

09-28-2009

Pushing wins every time, if you can do it without getting wiped out. Things get more complicated when you take into account the defending team...

It is frequently the case though that if the other team has pushed all the creep lanes across the river, you won't be able to push a lane back to their base before they respawn even if you slaughtered the team. Having to run all the way down the lane killing creeps slows them down a lot compared to teleporting right to their creeps at your doorstep.

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2009

You need a combination of both, but with more emphasis on pushing.

I've lost countless games with a ratio of like 24-2-15, because our team wouldn't push.
They just kept going around having gankfests. If I was a carry, I would've pushed myself, but sadly I was not.

SomeoneRandom

09-28-2009

Usually most games are won with the counter-push, which brings up the idea of ganking first them pushing, most of the time a team that attacks into another team when they have enemy creeps and towers around is going to lose unless stupidly overgeared and farmed...

If you can successfully defend and kill off 3-5 of them and have 4-5 of your team still up, its usually a good time for a counterpush, and 90% of games that are EVENLY MATCHED, are won this way... usually if your just slaughtering then or they are slaughtering you, someone will win the fight before it comes to group counterpushes

Stealth Lord

09-28-2009

Gank then push.. but if i had to chose then pushing will win (duh... i mean ive have about 5 threads about this....)

But if you had 1 ganker and the rest push then its is good. I played a game where i did no pushing whatsoever and just ganked till i die/recall back to base while everyone else pushed. Our team had an easy time pushing and our team had over 50 kills (I had 43 of those kills :P)

FuzzeWuzze

Recruiter

09-28-2009

We played a game against a team that we far outkilled, but they were able to push lanes way faster than we were...so we lost.

I think their team was

Janna, Sivir, Alistar, Fiddlesticks and Yi or something like that.

A few of them had promote...with any combo of Janna/Sivir/Alistar in a lane they were pushing incredibly fast...promote, heals..as soon as you started to get the lane back they would just teleport or run to another one and push it all the way...

Since they could push towers faster than we could counter it we lost even though it was like 33-15 kills...