Prospector Graves

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alornal

11-04-2011

So I recently bought Graves, and I must say I'm enjoying him. I've been frequently playing vs bots to really get the hang of his abilities, and I noticed one thing: farming for BF swords takes quite a bit of time. I wondered if I could smooth out that powercurve as I kept playing.

So I decided to change my order of things, and instead of buying 3 BF swords (Cleaver, Thirster, IE), I focused on the mighty Pickaxe instead. I begin with a Doran's Blade, though I've done Longsword as well. Tiamat is much cheaper for a starting item at 2k. With that 2k I get 50 extra damage, boosting both my auto and abilities, plus the splash damage, as well as bonus health and mana regen. I find I get much more last hits with it as well. IMO, it fits great for an early game Graves.

Then I get 'zerker Greaves, then work towards a Black Cleaver. I finish out with a Stark's Fervor and a Last Whisper. If the game even goes beyond, I can finish with a MBR instead of the Doran's.

Essentially, it goes:
Doran's Blade
Tiamat/Berzerker Greaves
Berzerker Greaves/Tiamat
Black Cleaver
Stark's Fervor
Last Whisper
Infinity Edge/Madred's Blood Razor

By the end, I find I have 2.0 attack speed with runes and Quickdraw, 250+ attack damage, which is ok, and large amounts of armor mitigation and penetration. Stark's covers attack speed as well as lifesteal and has a armor reduction aura, and the general cheapness of Tiamat, Last Whisper, and Stark's means I can get my items a bit faster than waiting between the basic items and that BF sword.

Is this a particularly effective build, or am I focusing in the wrong direction with Graves?

Alornal

11-04-2011

No comments?

Alornal

11-04-2011

No criticism of the build? I'm not bumping again, but I would like at least some ideas.

theplqa

11-04-2011

You shouldn't get Tiamat.The splash damage is too small to be useful.

Madred's Bloodrazor is only worth it on champs that build high AS,like Teemo and Kog'Maw.

Black Cleaver is good but don't rush it.Also don't pair it with Last Whisper.
Since Flat Pen takes priority first then % Pen,getting both types actually makes the item less useful.
The point when Last Whisper is worth it is when your enemies have around 150 armor or more.

Get a Phantom Dancer after your first big AD item.

Choose between getting a Bloodthirster or Infinity Edge as your first big item.Graves benefits more from Bloodthirster so put off IE on him until later.

Stark's Fervor isn't that great of an item on an AD Carry.Let your teammates get it while you just get a Bloodthirster or something.

A defensive item is important.Banshee's Veil/Quick-Silver Sash are both good.If the enemy team has a lot of physical damage then a Guardian Angel should be bought.

So an example build would be(In order bought and finished)...
Zerkers
BD
PD
IE
LW
BV
Ask if you don't know all the item acronyms.