A Legit Matchmaking Request

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Üdderchaos

11-03-2011

Hello.

I have run into an "issue" that might not be an issue to everyone, but it is to me.

Multiple times I have solo queued, only to be paired with other people all by themselves, but against teams of 3 on ventrilo/skype, 4, and even 5.

I have also been on the other end, and while I may sound falsely kind, I really don't appreciate being on a team of 4 coordinated people and 1 random dude, where we completely destroy the other team b/c all they can do is ping and try to type. It just isn't fair to them or to my continued improvement in this game.

My suggestion that I can't see a large argument against is as follows:

If 2 people queue together, they should be matched with 3 that queued together. Then the other team should also be a group of 2 and 3.

If 3 people queue together, they should be matched with 2 that queued together. Then the other team should also be a group of 2 and 3.

If 4 people queue together, then they should ONLY be matched against another group of 4. This way both teams have 4 together and 1 solo.

If 5 queue together, they should ONLY be matched against another group of 5.

Yes we can type. That is a given. But when 5 of us are alone and we are taking a team with 3 together, and 2 solo... we really are at a serious disadvantage.

Does this seem like a fair request? Personally, I would GLADLY wait an extra minute or two or heck.. even five, just to have evenly matched teams. Currently, we are matched based on our personal skills... but, 5 bad-azz people solo can be easily rocked by a coordinated group of 2 or 3 on the other team who can just easily speak to each other.

Alternatively, maybe you (Riot) could work on an in game chat system. I know this would require MUCH more server power, but it would really be a nice feature. WoW did it, and while it wasn't used much (still isn't) its nice to at least offer teams the chance to speak to each other.

I just got out of a game where I solo queued, only to be absolutely face raped by an extremely coordinated team of 4 who even stated in game that they were together. We didn't have a chance.

Please understand that this comes from the spirit of fairness (for me, and the other team). I don't like unfair advantages in my favor or against me. :P

What do you all think?

-dder

Dr Butt Plug

11-04-2011

I agree with the To5 vs solo queues. I've never had that trouble and I always thought that To5s were put against other To5s.

But there is the problem with going in solo queue and getting paired up against a coordinated To3 or To4. But, as you stated I highly doubt that Riot will change their current system around (hopefully they can tweak it so it's more fair) purely because it will take forever to search.

Also, some To3s/To4s may not be on vent, so who's to justify what is fair concerning communication? What if you were a faster typer than the other team..?

Amatzikahni

11-05-2011

It would be much shorter queues if teams of 4 and 5 could verse each other with the lone person on the 4 team at a slightly different Elo to make up for the discrepancy, and teams of 2+2+1 would queue much faster than 2+3.

I don't really have an opinion on this topic since all I do is solo queue unless someone invites me, but I thought I'd add to some of your logic.

Akdar

11-05-2011

I have agreed with this for the longest time. It's their choice to Que up with that group. they should be willing to wait for a real match up. Not get an auto win because they grouped up 4 in solo Que.

PlayWithMe69

11-05-2011

|New Queue Times|

Approx: 5:00
Actual: 15:00