Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A Legit Matchmaking Request

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Üdderchaos

11-03-2011

Hello.

I have run into an "issue" that might not be an issue to everyone, but it is to me.

Multiple times I have solo queued, only to be paired with other people all by themselves, but against teams of 3 on ventrilo/skype, 4, and even 5.

I have also been on the other end, and while I may sound falsely kind, I really don't appreciate being on a team of 4 coordinated people and 1 random dude, where we completely destroy the other team b/c all they can do is ping and try to type. It just isn't fair to them or to my continued improvement in this game.

My suggestion that I can't see a large argument against is as follows:

If 2 people queue together, they should be matched with 3 that queued together. Then the other team should also be a group of 2 and 3.

If 3 people queue together, they should be matched with 2 that queued together. Then the other team should also be a group of 2 and 3.

If 4 people queue together, then they should ONLY be matched against another group of 4. This way both teams have 4 together and 1 solo.

If 5 queue together, they should ONLY be matched against another group of 5.

Yes we can type. That is a given. But when 5 of us are alone and we are taking a team with 3 together, and 2 solo... we really are at a serious disadvantage.

Does this seem like a fair request? Personally, I would GLADLY wait an extra minute or two or heck.. even five, just to have evenly matched teams. Currently, we are matched based on our personal skills... but, 5 bad-azz people solo can be easily rocked by a coordinated group of 2 or 3 on the other team who can just easily speak to each other.

Alternatively, maybe you (Riot) could work on an in game chat system. I know this would require MUCH more server power, but it would really be a nice feature. WoW did it, and while it wasn't used much (still isn't) its nice to at least offer teams the chance to speak to each other.

I just got out of a game where I solo queued, only to be absolutely face raped by an extremely coordinated team of 4 who even stated in game that they were together. We didn't have a chance.

Please understand that this comes from the spirit of fairness (for me, and the other team). I don't like unfair advantages in my favor or against me. :P

What do you all think?

-Üdder

Dr Butt Plug

11-04-2011

I agree with the To5 vs solo queues. I've never had that trouble and I always thought that To5s were put against other To5s.

But there is the problem with going in solo queue and getting paired up against a coordinated To3 or To4. But, as you stated I highly doubt that Riot will change their current system around (hopefully they can tweak it so it's more fair) purely because it will take forever to search.

Also, some To3s/To4s may not be on vent, so who's to justify what is fair concerning communication? What if you were a faster typer than the other team..?

Amatzikahni

11-05-2011

It would be much shorter queues if teams of 4 and 5 could verse each other with the lone person on the 4 team at a slightly different Elo to make up for the discrepancy, and teams of 2+2+1 would queue much faster than 2+3.

I don't really have an opinion on this topic since all I do is solo queue unless someone invites me, but I thought I'd add to some of your logic.

Akdar

11-05-2011

I have agreed with this for the longest time. It's their choice to Que up with that group. they should be willing to wait for a real match up. Not get an auto win because they grouped up 4 in solo Que.

PlayWithMe69

11-05-2011

|New Queue Times|

Approx: 5:00
Actual: 15:00