Are supports useless against teams without a support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaard

11-03-2011

1) Galio was bot until malz (top) gave up first blood then they switched

2) Past about 5 minutes, they indeed had two carries bot (talon+malz) However we did not give up kills to them.

in fact, by the 20 minute mark the kills were 10-11 and we had a moderate farm advantage on them, their teamfight presence was just too strong in order to utilize the about even gold count on them.

When we eventually DID have a full teamfight, their damage just outdid everything we had and even soraka's ult was useless (relatively, I know that little bit of heal does help a bit)

Disillusion

11-03-2011

The idea of having a support is because one fully farmed carry with a 0 farm support is stronger than two half farmed carries. But since the game dragged to an hour, even the half farmed carries ended up completing their builds, so they had 20% more damage than you.

You have to end the game before they all complete their builds. One support doesn't make up for five fed carries.

deepbluereason

11-03-2011

Might have something to do with your bot lane going 3/10. Kind of hard to be competitive when your bot lane is spending more time respawning than doing things like farming and controlling dragon.

Kahlebb

11-03-2011

Quite the opposite.

When I support against a team that doesn't have one, I generally consider it a free win.

deepbluereason

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaard View Post
When we eventually DID have a full teamfight, their damage just outdid everything we had and even soraka's ult was useless (relatively, I know that little bit of heal does help a bit)
Looking at the team comps what did you expect to happen? You have a hella weak tank wall. You have nothing to keep Talon from pouncing on your team. Almost might have something to do with poor awareness. Galio + Annie is gonna wreck the hell out of any team that gets caught in a weak position.

Dakkas

11-03-2011

I love how the OP blames the support when he never considered that maybe the other team roflstomp you in team fights because they have more and stronger aoe

Tyroie

11-03-2011

Warwick's damage looks like it might be extremely low there, especially that late into the game. That is the single biggest problem I'm seeing right away. He's not hurting anyone. Even Malz, who has nothing but a Rod of Ages and a Crystal Scepter for defense, isn't going to feel his damage.

Yeah, their team has better initiating ability. Your team's only hope there is to use the wards that Soraka is (hopefully) spamming and simply start a good fight using those.

That said, I'm not a fan of supports who hold on to gold per 5 items that late into the match like she did. She needs to sell them both and buy something more useful. They're doing nearly nothing for her, especially the philosopher's stone.

Properly built, Soraka is insanely useful late-game. Her CDR is good, but her AP is too low to achieve that. Her heals and poke at that point could be massive.

Dakkas

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyroie View Post
Warwick's damage looks like it might be extremely low there, especially that late into the game. That is the single biggest problem I'm seeing right away. He's not hurting anyone. Even Malz, who has nothing but a Rod of Ages and a Crystal Scepter for defense, isn't going to feel his damage.

Yeah, their team has better initiating ability. Your team's only hope there is to use the wards that Soraka is (hopefully) spamming and simply start a good fight using those.

That said, I'm not a fan of supports who hold on to gold per 5 items that late into the match like she did. She needs to sell them and buy something more useful. Especially the philosopher's stone - other than the gold, it's doing absolutely nothing for her at that point.

Properly built, Soraka is insanely useful late-game. Her CDR is good, but her AP is too low to achieve that.
You don't know what type of build that WW is going for, he can still kill quite well

Tyroie

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakkas View Post
You don't know what type of build that WW is going for, he can still kill quite well
He has good attack speed, but he's only got +42 magic damage from wit's end, and no armor or magic penetration. All 5 opponents can interrupt his ult.

He's not hurting anybody.

Shaard

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakkas View Post
yeah he was going for the classic solo tankwick type build.

also I never blamed the support, I was merely making a statement that it seemed like regardless of her build, they just had a massive offensive advantage (now i see it was probably because of comp) and the support wouldnt have mattered because it was like 5 rifles vs 4 rifles type of situation.

People are quick to say "op stop complaining it was you fault lolol"