Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Are supports useless against teams without a support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaard

11-03-2011

I've noticed a lot of times that when the enemy team doesn't have a support, they have a massive advantage because they have an entire extra champion to do damage with.

I just played a game like this (see: attached) and every teamfight we entered I felt like we just couldn't do anything because they had such a huge damage advantage. Yes we had soraka's ult and heals, but a single spell or aoe from one of the enemies cancels that out (or almost does) and then since soraka doesnt have as much of a substantial damage output, she seems almost useless.

tl;dr non-support teams seem to have advantage over teams with a support, see: attached

thoughts? possible tips/advice about the attached game?

juz501

11-03-2011

the real problem is you dragged the game to 1 hr where everyone has their end items..

Shaard

11-03-2011

Quote:
juz501:
the real problem is you dragged the game to 1 hr where everyone has their end items..

the problem was their team comp was pretty much undiveable so we could only push when we came out on top of a teamfight, which rarely happened.

Dracorya

11-03-2011

...you can't use that. Galio partially counts as a tanky support. If you had had Soraka and everyone on the enemy team were all carries it would have been different.

Phaizran

11-03-2011

Quote:
Shaard:
I've noticed a lot of times that when the enemy team doesn't have a support, they have a massive advantage because they have an entire extra champion to do damage with.

I just played a game like this (see: attached) and every teamfight we entered I felt like we just couldn't do anything because they had such a huge damage advantage. Yes we had soraka's ult and heals, but a single spell or aoe from one of the enemies cancels that out (or almost does) and then since soraka doesnt have as much of a substantial damage output, she seems almost useless.

tl;dr non-support teams seem to have advantage over teams with a support, see: attached

thoughts? possible tips/advice about the attached game?

When the enemy goes double carry bot they have to get kills to be effective because they gimp each others farm. Play passivly and they make themselves lose. E.I. you guys would have won a passive farm fest by mid game but you played agressively and gave them the kills/gold they needed to do well with a bad comp (note: Maybe not you specificly but your team as a whole. Only you went positive.)

RenegadeTQ

11-03-2011

I'm not a fan of your team comp as whole.

Corpse Princess

11-03-2011

Just because you lost a game with a support against a team with no support, doesn't mean it's impossible to win.

If you have a support + carry bot and they don't you should beat them anyways. Supports provide just as much usefulness to a team than any other champ.

Also, was Galio bot? Because Galio is a support, dude...

Dracorya

11-03-2011

Quote:
Achlys010:
galio is on the enemy team bro

....that was the point. Both teams had a support in some form. And why he lost wasn't even the Soraka's fault. His team did not have a good solid initiator.

I played a game as Taric and I was the only support. I made all the difference for my team versus the carry team the other team was running.

Haydeos

11-03-2011

well in this particular example, you guys had barely any AoE dmg vs galio/annie/talon Neither WW or soraka were doing much dmg by the looks of things, so you shoulda have switch out WW for more dmg in the form of Irelia pehaps or renekton. Or heck, in this case I'd even say Malphite.

Eekirkio

11-03-2011

The kills were 22-30, yet look at the huge disparity in assists (36-63). That's why you lost. They brought numbers to the fights.