Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Soraka build discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vangu

Recruiter

09-30-2009

Soraka is a great pusher if you build her as a tank.

KuBaN

Recruiter

09-30-2009

Quote:
theErk:
spells:
items:
#4 Fiendish codex
At this point my spells often start lacking potency so the boost in ap helps out and the cd reduction helps soraka in her spell spamming and the the mana regen helps keep your mana up allow you to use wish on other team mates and/or enemies

#5 Stinger
the attack speed helps farming and adds a little more punch to soraka in fight where she does use her regular attack. Its by far not the main reason for the choice of item, more and added bonus. mana regen is the same as above for the codex, entering a fight with full mana allows for really agressive starfall spamming and silencing. The most important benefit is the cd reduction, we are now closing in on th 40% cap by reaching 35%(at lvl 18).

#5 Stinger => Nashor's tooth
this adds a nice ap bonus and at this point in the game the more ap you can get the better. You finally hit the 40%cd recution cap. the extra attack speed is a small bonus

Following the next patch, Fiendish Codex will be a necessary ingredient for Nashor's Tooth. Confirmed here http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=14061
This'll definitely be a plus for Soraka (assuming they don't nerf Nashor's)!

theErk

09-30-2009

Quote:
Phiphler:
Astral Blessing gets 1/12th of your AP every one of its 12 seconds. It can actually heal quite alot if you have the AP for it.

the ap scale for astral blessing is more like 1/11th, which means that for a full cycle you a sliglht bigger bonus than you full ap

Quote:
KuBaN:
Following the next patch, Fiendish Codex will be a necessary ingredient for Nashor's Tooth. Confirmed here http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ad.php?t=14061 (http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=14061)
This'll definitely be a plus for Soraka (assuming they don't nerf Nashor's)!

yes thats going to be interesting, its definatly nice to have someting larger to build it into.

Erk

ps: those of you trolling this thread, please go somewhere else, some of us are trying to have a serious and constryctive debate here.

theErk

09-30-2009

Quote:
Husbane:
True, wish is awesome, but it's a one trick pony. Now I'll admit, I haven't tried building AP on her yet, and I'm sure that would make it all the the better. But I think the complaint is that her other abilities don't scale well enough to make her more then a ~twice a minute heal bot in end game. IMO, she's needs some work. All that said, I admit, I have fun playing her from time to time.

J

Buying Rylai's scepter early and adding cd reduction as the game progresses, along with a decent manapool allows you to run around in the midst of team fights spamming starfall and thus slowing down most of the opposing team and reducing their magic resistance more and more as the fight progresses. This adds alot of use late game as she is not a hero that needs to stand still to deal damage so she can basically run around and debuff the opposing team and trow a heal/silence/mana boost as needed while the rest of your team goes to town on the opponents. Once the opponent realises they are loosing that particular fight and starts to break up, few if any will get away from your team, because they are all slowed, should one get out of range from your starfall and it looks like he might get away you can silence him for the 40% slow allowing you to get in range and start spamming starfall at him again.

this also nets you a nice ks from time to time, which is always nice for your economy

Erk