Solo Bottom - an Indepth Dominion Guide on How to Bottom Lane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hobocop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2011

No abilities will draw minion aggro, unless they apply on-hit effects since they're treated like autoattacks.

Hikaru Genji

11-03-2011

Advice so bad, it makes baby Tibbers /cry.

Seņor Pancho

11-03-2011

Quote:
Advice so bad, it makes baby Tibbers /cry.
it's actually not bad at all... if you can play a champ with abilities that won't get the minion aggro, such as ryze, annie, ezreal, urgot, fiddle, karthus, cass (most AOE, and single target spells). the OP plays a pretty badass botlane urgot btw.

Kiddalee

11-04-2011

Yes, there are people who continue to push minions even after their opponent is dead. That doesn't make this a good general guide. This is a rant against people who miss the point of Dominion.

Lethal stoner

11-04-2011

i play bot 5/10 times ussualy with maokai and he can push the waves AND just outright donminate the other bot so why wouldnt i use the minions for the increased cap speed and well that extra gold is well spent anyway

AnorexicRhino

11-04-2011

Quote:
the OP plays a pretty badass botlane urgot btw.
No wonder he thinks that killing the enemy player should be top priority. I am by no means an expert on Urgot (whether playing with or against him) but he has that lock on thingo which also has quite a long range, and I think that would make it at least slightly easier for him to take down the enemy champ.

I can't say that OP's guide is absolutely terrible, simply because his logic does make some sense. Killing the enemy champ = no opposition so you are free to do whatever you want. BUT the guide is pretty bad in that his logic is wrong lol. If you can easily kill the enemy champ then by all means go for it, letting the minions take the enemy point for you is soooo much easier though.

If you have been consistently killing their minions while yours have been growing in number then when it comes time to take the enemy point you are free to chase after the enemy champ for a kill if you want OR sit back and take the point. You should have gathered enough minions to at least neutralise the point so even if you fail to kill their champ they have lost a point and will send back up while your team can hopefully organise to take windmill. This is not saying leave the enemy alone and solely kill minions, use some common sense to decide when it's worth hitting them and when you should be going after minions.

If you decide to focus on their champ and are always going for the kill, if you die then you're screwed. If you barely survive then you have to go b anyway. If you easily kill them, they will come back with full health/more gear in a few moments and there is a chance that their minions will be going for your point. If (last if scenario I swear lol) you easily kill them and your point is not threatened by minions then you are in a winning position for a short while, unless you're 4 team members are all up top (as OP says they should be, because they are taking advantage of your dominance in bot) the enemy team will then send all they can down bot to reclaim it and what's stopping them from pushing into your bot? Hopefully this paragraph makes at least some sense lol...

Necks

11-06-2011

I'm going to start recording my matches.

Here is a video of how to solo bottom lane, the correct way:

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K-ObN147AM

Notice my opponent is an extreme pusher. They would normally win the lane if I played their petty game of farming minions. But no, I force them to play my game instead. Hope the video is informative.

AnorexicRhino

11-07-2011

I watched the first 15 mins or so of your vid and yes, your aggressive play style was very much rewarded in that case. That being said, Urgot is a unique champ and is 1 of the few champs that allow you to play like that. There aren't many champs that allow you to shoot over those rocks like you did quite a few times. There aren't many champs that have incredibly long ranged skills that work in the same way as Urgot's.
Off the top of my head the only other champ that can spam long ranged skills like Urgot is Kog'Maw with his ult. You could say that Caitlyn has long ranged attacks but they don't quite compare to Urgot or Kog'Maw's skills. Other champs that have skills with a long range usually have to rely on a skill shot but Kog and Urgot have that long range without exactly needing to worry about minions getting in the way.
Oh and I'm not saying that Urgot or Kog are OP, or that you would suck at playing any other champ Necks. I am saying that your guide does not work for the vast majority of champs.

aim1essgun

11-07-2011

It certainly doesn't work for a lot of the 'traditional' bot lane champs because those champs were tagged as botlaners due to push power.

If you expand your view to all the champs though, you can probably find a few more that can play as aggressively as in the vid.

Necks

11-07-2011

The purpose of this thread is to demonstrate that there isn't only 1 way to play solo bottom. If you choose to, you can take matters into your own hands and play solo bottom unconventionally and still succeed.

My goal is to enlighten people about the varied nature of solo bottom. People tend to feel pigeon-holed into playing solo bottom a certain specific way, and I'm showing everyone that you can play it differently and still succeed.

Of course, new ideas are always scary, and people's first thoughts tend to be hostile "off with his head!" kind of knee-jerk reactions, as you all can see from the downvotes of my original post even though I am stating a perfectly viable method of playing solo bottom. : )

Hopefully some of you have found my information to be useful. I will continue to update this with new YouTube videos.