How to Skarner

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blackfire447

11-15-2011

Build, skill order, etc.

So far I've been going R>Q>W>E

Rageblade,Merc, Trinity, Frzn Heart

Idk if thats any good, but I skip the gunblade cuz its nerf

Zavy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2011

I came here hoping to learn how to Skarner.

KommunistKevin

11-15-2011

I will never give away my secrets!

vke Lucas

11-15-2011

I do okay with Skarner, but I don't main him. I play him more as super mobile roamer. I try to gank bot after windmill gets capped, . My build is R>W>Q>E. 9/0/21 masteries. arpen reds, as yellows, ms quints, cdr blues. I take flash/exhaust or garrison/exhaust.

Start with boots 5, then build zeal x2. Finish Triforce, then get Phantom Dancer, Frozen Heart. Have ~500 ms with w or speed shrine. After that its situational, I tend to get gunblade or rageblade for some extra punch depending on gold. After that its Frozen Mallet for super easy kiting + hp. If the game is still going, either hexdrinker/FoN vs ap heavy team, Thornmail vs auto attackers, Sunfire vs melee ad.

E is good to poke people on towers, clearing creeps and for procing triforce. R is bread and butter skill, pull people onto your tower, or away from theirs. With frozen heart and cdr runes, w should be up almost always. Spam q constantly when in a fight, the slow from the 2nd q really helps.

I probably have ~15 games played with Skarner

Blackfire447

11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KommunistKevin View Post
I will never give away my secrets!
=(

IS1429332aa9b633

11-15-2011

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/skarner-the-speed-demon-135047

iProbie

11-15-2011

I've been playing him the same way like my "cdr tank ww" with merc's, spirit visage, frozen heart and wit's end, usually ending up with 2,500 hp, 200 armor, 150 mr and 40% cdr to spare
and add triforce and gunblade to the end

I always starts with sheen + 2 hp pots, currently running arpen reds + quints, armor per level seals and cdr per level glyphs

with the new mastery tree, I'm still looking for the best combination to suit my playstyle

skilling order is atm R>Q>E>W but sometimes I leveled up Q and E together if my teammates already have decent slows or ccs

Kazorgo

11-15-2011

I play Skarner as a tank AP

I build Mercs treads, Nashors, Frozen Heart/Abyssal Scepter (both, first one depends on the enemy). Games usually end here. If it goes longer I get Lich Bane and whatever else i feel like at the time for the last one.

The 150 AP ends up being plenty. My playstyle ends up being a chaser and constantly watching for that one person to get out of position to drag them to their death and permaslow them, or charge at the enemy carry and permaslow them, or find that one stray person outside of a team fight and permaslow them. With the overblown CDR i got, and the AS working with his W and passive, Q gets spammed as fast as the auto attack and W is up forever.