GP5 items in Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KhaorvaK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2011

Do they produce gold quicker than in SR? And if not, does anyone know if Riot plans on speeding up their production in dominion mode to make them viable?

Talamare

09-25-2011

dude

its 30g per minute, if it was any higher itd be soooo OP!

Really tho, just leave em be. their the items they build into are more than worth it

HolokaustxHero

09-25-2011

why would you need one?

KhaorvaK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolokaustxHero View Post
why would you need one?
because they build into other items, for starters.

KhaorvaK

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talamare View Post
dude

its 30g per minute, if it was any higher itd be soooo OP!

Really tho, just leave em be. their the items they build into are more than worth it
30g per minute in a 20 minute game is 600g. That means that by the very end of a dominion game, you haven't even covered the cost of the item yet.

not to mention that 600g takes like... 30 seconds to make in dominion. ...I don't know the actual numbers, but still.

Sherrif

Recruiter

09-25-2011

And you're point? Don't forget that the stats on Philo's stone give incredible regen, Heart of Gold has good amounts of health, and Avarice is a beautiful start if you are going for Ghost Blade. I don't see what the problem is? Besides 600 gold is still 600 gold. I find that these items are only viable for junglers/no farm support roles in classic. Dominion will have 3gps and now 5gp10s > Its a helpful boost especially if you add the 1gp10s mastery. However cap a point cap another, kill an attacker, cap a third recap the first and get a kill = 600 gold.

Fearsyth

09-25-2011

Boots + Heart of Gold is a common start for one of my champs I build Randuin's with. That is unless I feel my team needs me to get an oracles early.

KhaorvaK

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrif View Post
And you're point? Don't forget that the stats on Philo's stone give incredible regen, Heart of Gold has good amounts of health, and Avarice is a beautiful start if you are going for Ghost Blade. I don't see what the problem is? Besides 600 gold is still 600 gold. I find that these items are only viable for junglers/no farm support roles in classic. Dominion will have 3gps and now 5gp10s > Its a helpful boost especially if you add the 1gp10s mastery. However cap a point cap another, kill an attacker, cap a third recap the first and get a kill = 600 gold.
all of these stats could be gotten in higher quantities or for less gold with other items. The built in bonus is the gp5.

If the GP5 does nothing for you, then these items are counterproductive (except for where you have to build them into a higher item).

It's just not good design, considering the gold system is in complete overhaul in this game mode, and gp5 items are built for 60 minute games.

Taropat

09-25-2011

i mean... if you're getting the item they build into it wouldn't hurt to hold off on getting the item for a minute or 2, but other then that theyre really not worth getting...

KhaorvaK

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taropat View Post
i mean... if you're getting the item they build into it wouldn't hurt to hold off on getting the item for a minute or 2, but other then that theyre really not worth getting...
yeah, I usually skip right over them in dominion. I usually have the gold to not even worry about the gp5 step :/