[Suggestion] Issue with leavers.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EpickFknPoptart

11-03-2011

Lately for the past couple of months now I've been having an issue with leavers, people whose internet is horrible and disconnect for whole games and just straight afkers. It has become extremely annoying and it makes it hard to win games. Yes. That is good for a challenge, but not continuously. I suggest, that instead of just leaving the players champion afk at spawn. Have it turn into a bot. Difficulty has to be at it's highest though. Bot's can be easily fooled. That way there's at least an extra character for the opposing team to deal with rather than just 4v5 or however many vs each other. It might become an issue with players if bots feed that's why I say "up" the difficulty.

Thanks Riot.

Crashpoint

11-16-2011

seconded

Xyvox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

11-17-2011

I agree. I have been having quite a bit of problems over the past months of leavers and afkers. I talked to my friends about this to have it switch to a bot or even the option to kick a player and allow a new player to join and it gives the new player the average of the amount of gold everyone on their team made to make it fare.

freakboy186

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2011

Awesome idea! I've been trying to amass all the different ideas people have come up with so that maybe Riot will see it and use one of the ideas! Check it out:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1489555

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

11-17-2011
1 of 5 Riot Posts

The bot idea is a good idea and I like it. There are just concerns in Riot that the bots are too stupid, and it will turn into feeders.
Currently, we are approach the issue you mentioned from 4 different directions:
1) Improve match making – leavers will get grouped and matched “accordingly”, same rule applies to AFKer, etc.
2) Improve Leaver Buster
3) Improve Tribunal
4) Improve Bots – so one day we dare to insert them into ranked games

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

11-17-2011
2 of 5 Riot Posts

The bot idea is a good idea and I like it. There are just concerns in Riot that the bots are too stupid, and it will turn into feeders.
Currently, we are approach the issue you mentioned from 4 different directions:
1) Improve match making – leavers will get grouped and matched “accordingly”, same rule applies to AFKer, etc.
2) Improve Leaver Buster
3) Improve Tribunal
4) Improve Bots – so one day we dare to insert them into ranked games

Rogarn

11-17-2011

double red post!

VeggieDealer

11-17-2011

Why not allow subs off of your team when the new teams thing hits?

Muggsly

11-17-2011

I love that leavers and afkers may be grouped together in the future. I can see a game where there is 1 person left on both sides LOL.

Afkers are getting bad too. I had 2 games yesterday where the person leveled to about 8 or so then just sat in base. They would move back in forth but never DC, never participate again, and ignored all messages. This was beyond annoying because you know they were there but they were just milking the game for whatever reason.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

11-17-2011
3 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggieDealer View Post
Why not allow subs off of your team when the new teams thing hits?
Ranked Teams do allow subs