SOTL last night (choice of people)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frozt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgLo View Post
The reason why they didn't say "It bothers me that there's extreme bias..." is because of how one sided this debate is. The speakers were victims or friends of the victims. The don't need to What transpired at WCG was unfair.

But you are right, if they had brought on CDE I'm pretty sure they would have nothing but negative things to say to Jatt.(However I think he kind of deserved some of it considering how arrogant he was on the stream).

It's good that DIG showed their side of the story to cushion some of the fallout but the fact remains they made some poor decisions that has costed them perhaps the majority of their fanbase. Is it that important? Maybe, maybe not. If they win every tournament they go to it doesn't really matter, but people will probably still hate them. If they don't mind being villains then good for them.

I am sure that looking back, DIG would have changed some of their decisions. Jatt would probably not have played for 2 teams and I believe that if they knew how this event blew up, they would have also forfeited the additional set.
Hard to say what they would have done different, but have to understand that the only reason the community at-large dislikes Dignitas is because CDE (particularly Regi) made what they did seem bad. If you look at the whole story completely objectively, Dignitas literally did nothing wrong. I think the only thing Dignitas would have done different is had an open dialogue about the situation with CDE immediately following the event, so CDE didn't get a few days to turn the entire community against Dignitas before they even said anything other than Voyboy's small post.

Shark Juggler

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozt View Post
Hard to say what they would have done different, but have to understand that the only reason the community at-large dislikes Dignitas is because CDE (particularly Regi) made what they did seem bad. If you look at the whole story completely objectively, Dignitas literally did nothing wrong. I think the only thing Dignitas would have done different is had an open dialogue about the situation with CDE immediately following the event, so CDE didn't get a few days to turn the entire community against Dignitas before they even said anything other than Voyboy's small post.
Gotta call BS on the "literally did nothing wrong". When it comes down to sports and competition there comes a time where you can either do whatever it takes to win or you can do the right thing and possibly take a loss. I can only speak from my standpoint on the matter where instead of pressing the matter to get another shot considering in any sporting event unless you're terminally ill and only have one more day to live THERE WILL BE OTHER COMPETITIONS. To go out of your way to take advantage of vague rulesets and horrible miscommunications when you've already taken a beating I'd like to hope that alot of people put in that situation would have done the right thing after losing and just conceded and moved on to the next competition.

But with that being said I had good coaches that taught us the true spirit of competition was being on the field and playing the game as hard as we could win or lose we got to walk off the field heads high not arguing with a ref afterwards. I guess I can't expect people to have values or morals in this day in age I can only appreciate that in that situation my upbringing would kick in.

Some people just put too much of a value on winning, shifting the blame or just thinking they didn't have to be accountable for their actions at the time.

Kabraxis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2011

Quote:

Did nothing wrong?

Did not know that breaking and abusing rules/admins was not wrong. The majority of us arguing for something to be done is NOT because of ReginaId but because what Dignitas did WAS wrong, biased and simply uncalled for. Anyone with a shred of decency and morals would acknowledge this, apparently we know where you stand though and what morals you have.

Deefe

11-04-2011

To me there was nothing vague about the rules. And to say they literally did nothing wrong is subjective we may never know for certain whether Voyboy falsified information about how WCG CA was played as Reginald claims. It is all he said she said. Either way they did question a rule that was clearly stated in the rules and agreed upon before hand. However WCG and Riot both totally dropped the ball on this decision of whether or not another set needed to be played. As Dan Dinh pointed out to MattMarcou on SOTL, that they know now how WCG CA was played it was play as a Bo3 one set with a one game advantage given to the team from the winner bracket like every other tourney in LoL to date. MattMarcou claimed the WCG Admin could go either way and that they wanted consistency and if they were truly being consistent there would have never been another set. Their decision to change the rules retroactively is completely inconsistent with how WCG CA was played. Furthermore, any attempt to retroactively change the rules after the qualifier has been completed according to the rules that were already in place should be nothing other than invalid. I don't see how so many people can be disillusioned into thinking that WCG and Riot are in the right with their decision.

Frozt

The Council

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garviel Lokken View Post
Did nothing wrong?

Did not know that breaking and abusing rules/admins was not wrong. The majority of us arguing for something to be done is NOT because of ReginaId but because what Dignitas did WAS wrong, biased and simply uncalled for. Anyone with a shred of decency and morals would acknowledge this, apparently we know where you stand though and what morals you have.
You're missing what i'm saying. They never broke and abused admins/rules.

SuperTactic

11-04-2011

If you think they did NOTHING wrong and broke NO RULES, you're either a huge fanboy or just delusional.

Shadow7800

11-04-2011

Quote:
A lot of people disagree here, me being one of them. And even if the rules were changed after/damage control was done to make it look that way, a lot of things they did is looked at negatively(jatt playing on 2 teams, voyboy's story where he himself can't explain properly, 7 mins pause, sending odell vs regi, etc. etc.). You can claim all that was only 'poor sportsmanship'. I do not believe that.

I still think they broke the rules, they knew about it and wcg/riot allowed it. Considering wcg had a clause where can decide to change the rules more or less whenever they want, they can cover it all up just fine. Riot just stays quiet and waits for the fallout to go away .

For me, dignitas = cheaters.

Also, apparently wcg is losing some sponsors this year too. It's unclear if it's related to this affair or not, or whether they are just changing them around. Either way, well done .

Kabraxis

11-04-2011

Quote:
Again,

Did nothing wrong?

tcellul

11-04-2011

Frozt is to biased. he need to look at this from a competitors pov not a rioters. Dig did break rules by allowing Jatt to play in both tournaments.

So would it be fair for say CDE to compete in US. Lose then sense there duel citizens compete as a full team in CA. Again lose and for ****s and giggles say there citizens of EU and compete there. Would that be fair Frozt?

*Also you cannot change rules in the middle of a tournemt, none the less to benefit one team. Thats total bs and i will never take another Riot sponsored even seriously again.

tcellul

11-04-2011

bump.