SOTL last night (choice of people)

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LucubratioN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

11-03-2011

In the SOTL last night, they decided to bring on Jatt to talk about his side of the story, and that is fine and all because it cleared some things up (on his end anyways). What really bothered me though was that there was extreme bias on that part of the show as everyone was siding with him and whatnot.

If they really wanted to make that topic without bias, the host should've got Reginald, maybe Hotshotgg, a player from the losing side of the finals in the Canada WCG tournament, and Jatt.

This way we would've been able to know what went on about playing those extra matches from the Canadian side of things and Jatt would've been proved wrong or not for sure. We know that the team that lost the first bo3 in the Canadian competition forfeited the second bo3 because they knew the rules and were fair.

If Jatt was told from the losing Canadian team that they didn't play a second bo3, then Dignitas' decision to "check the rules" would not have been needed and as such WCG would've have had to claim that the Canadian's played a second bo3.

I know that WCG isn't the only topic that is discussed in a whole session of SOTL, but the said guests could've showed up for 10-20 minutes and then they bring back the original people for the rest of the show.

Thoughts?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SuperTactic

Member

11-03-2011

That's what should have happened as well IMO, Travis seems like too big of an ass-kisser to do anything like that though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frozt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

11-03-2011

Last week was 100% CDE and supporters on, this week it was... Well, 20% Dignitas and 80% who were somewhat impartial or didn't care (gbob).

Travis doesn't want a boxing match on his stream, so he decided to split it up into two different shows, which was arguably the right choice.

I didn't see anyone last week (episode 11) saying "It bothers me that there's extreme bias against Dignitas".


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PvtHudson6

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozt View Post
Last week was 100% CDE and supporters on, this week it was... Well, 20% Dignitas and 80% who were somewhat impartial or didn't care (gbob).

Travis doesn't want a boxing match on his stream, so he decided to split it up into two different shows, which was arguably the right choice.

I didn't see anyone last week (episode 11) saying "It bothers me that there's extreme bias against Dignitas".
SYDTKO from last week was supporting Dignitas and defending the WCG rules.

This week it felt like everyone was supporting them and defending Jatt except for Bob who just sat there trolling with his penguin impartial to everything.

Both Doublelift and Wickd said they would have done everything possible to get another chance if they were in Dignitas' shoes.

Travis is too much of an asskisser to have a real intelligent debate on his show because an intelligent argument is apparently "drama" in his terms.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shark Juggler

Senior Member

11-03-2011

The host has almost always sided with Riot in all matters that have been up for discussion. The rest of the time he's incapable of moderating or controlling his guests.

As far as last week SYDTKO was speaking up for Dignitas. Doublelift will go with whatever he doesn't have the best track record for decision making it as it is IE facechecking bushes so his opinion doesn't matter in the slightest on those show he's just good comedic value.

I didn't watch this weeks episode as I found organizing my sock drawer far more interesting and after I was done with that I debated doing a sock puppet show.

The damage has been done in this situation. As Riot has chosen in this matter to not talk to the community that's still fairly upset with this matter I chose not to do RP purchases for the time being. As far as WCG and Dignitas go they won't get any support in this matter either. Will they lose money? Doubtful as PR and Damage control were done to cover everyone's hindquarters with any wrongdoing or questionable things happened.

LoL in E-sports has a long way to go with all that transpired here.

I appreciate your opinion Frozt but right now things are at a standstill Riot isn't opening dialogue they're just ignoring even when some people might be calm enough to help give them ideas to prevent future mishaps and breakdowns in communication from happening again so the e-sports portion of the community can be taken seriously.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frozt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghufluk View Post
The host has almost always sided with Riot in all matters that have been up for discussion. The rest of the time he's incapable of moderating or controlling his guests.

As far as last week SYDTKO was speaking up for Dignitas. Doublelift will go with whatever he doesn't have the best track record for decision making it as it is IE facechecking bushes so his opinion doesn't matter in the slightest on those show he's just good comedic value.

I didn't watch this weeks episode as I found organizing my sock drawer far more interesting and after I was done with that I debated doing a sock puppet show.

The damage has been done in this situation. As Riot has chosen in this matter to not talk to the community that's still fairly upset with this matter I chose not to do RP purchases for the time being. As far as WCG and Dignitas go they won't get any support in this matter either. Will they lose money? Doubtful as PR and Damage control were done to cover everyone's hindquarters with any wrongdoing or questionable things happened.

LoL in E-sports has a long way to go with all that transpired here.

I appreciate your opinion Frozt but right now things are at a standstill Riot isn't opening dialogue they're just ignoring even when some people might be calm enough to help give them ideas to prevent future mishaps and breakdowns in communication from happening again so the e-sports portion of the community can be taken seriously.
A lot of people have been calm enough to give them ideas. Lots of people i'm sure have emailed both WCG and Riot, and there are loads of people within the community in contact with them who provide constructive feedback.

just leaving this here http://riotgames.com/careers/e-sports-manager apply if you think you're qualified for the job--have a strong influence in these decisions yourself.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

amr

Senior Member

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtHudson6 View Post
SYDTKO from last week was supporting Dignitas and defending the WCG rules.

This week it felt like everyone was supporting them and defending Jatt except for Bob who just sat there trolling with his penguin impartial to everything.

Both Doublelift and Wickd said they would have done everything possible to get another chance if they were in Dignitas' shoes.

Travis is too much of an asskisser to have a real intelligent debate on his show because an intelligent argument is apparently "drama" in his terms.
Ya I think they were trying to be nice on stream and really I don't thin kthey give a **** because its not affecting them. There has been quotes of wickd on this issue already and his analogy of robbing the bank if it was okay to do so.

Doublelift is just a kid, I seriously don't like him especially when he started being gay (literally).

obviously, jatt was prepared, but at the same time, he dodged a lot of bullets and in the end just try to make people agree with him by saying that its human to do so
he was also saying that he got permission to play for 2 qualifers way before which we don't know if thats true, so really he just try to shift the blame on the already sucky image of WCG


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DorkSlayeR

Junior Member

11-04-2011

They should get Dan Dinh and Jatt/Voyboy. Cuz Dan Dinh is calm and i think he knows enough to discuss it. Hotshot can work too.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Overkill4000

Senior Member

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozt View Post
Last week was 100% CDE and supporters on, this week it was... Well, 20% Dignitas and 80% who were somewhat impartial or didn't care (gbob).

Travis doesn't want a boxing match on his stream, so he decided to split it up into two different shows, which was arguably the right choice.

I didn't see anyone last week (episode 11) saying "It bothers me that there's extreme bias against Dignitas".
Sytdko defended Dignitas and Matt Marcou had his chance to tell what Riot/WCG did. It was not 100% CDE as you claim.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cLo

Senior Member

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozt View Post
Last week was 100% CDE and supporters on, this week it was... Well, 20% Dignitas and 80% who were somewhat impartial or didn't care (gbob).

Travis doesn't want a boxing match on his stream, so he decided to split it up into two different shows, which was arguably the right choice.

I didn't see anyone last week (episode 11) saying "It bothers me that there's extreme bias against Dignitas".
The reason why they didn't say "It bothers me that there's extreme bias..." is because of how one sided this debate is. The speakers were victims or friends of the victims. The don't need to What transpired at WCG was unfair.

But you are right, if they had brought on CDE I'm pretty sure they would have nothing but negative things to say to Jatt.(However I think he kind of deserved some of it considering how arrogant he was on the stream).

It's good that DIG showed their side of the story to cushion some of the fallout but the fact remains they made some poor decisions that has costed them perhaps the majority of their fanbase. Is it that important? Maybe, maybe not. If they win every tournament they go to it doesn't really matter, but people will probably still hate them. If they don't mind being villains then good for them.

I am sure that looking back, DIG would have changed some of their decisions. Jatt would probably not have played for 2 teams and I believe that if they knew how this event blew up, they would have also forfeited the additional set.


12