What if CDE didn't 2-0 DIG?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Matthew21210

Senior Member

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgLo View Post
But at this time CDE believed it to be a best of 3 games and would have accepted defeat.
No. After Dignitas won that game and thought they were going to Korea, CDE would have asked whether it was a best of three games or best of three sets.
Then they would've played one (or two, depending on if Dig won the second game or the first, respectively) more game(s) since the format was supposed to be Dig with a one set advantage, Bo3. Then, depending on if CDE won that set or not they would play another set (or Dignitas would be declared the winners)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

McDracos

Senior Member

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew21210 View Post
No. After Dignitas won that game and thought they were going to Korea, CDE would have asked whether it was a best of three games or best of three sets.
Then they would've played one (or two, depending on if Dig won the second game or the first, respectively) more game(s) since the format was supposed to be Dig with a one set advantage, Bo3. Then, depending on if CDE won that set or not they would play another set (or Dignitas would be declared the winners)
They knew it was best of two games. They knew they had to win 2-0 in order to go to Korea. They had read the rules which stated as much. They would have had no reason to ask, and the only thing they would have complained about was Jatt playing on two teams.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cyprine

Junior Member

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgLo View Post

But since Dignitas already had suspicions as to whether it was a best of 3 game or a best of 3 set would they have gone on to ask to change it to a best of 3 set to allow CDE to play more games?
OH, so you're asking if Dignitas would have done the right thing in that case and would have said something? Chances are, they would have clarified...but it still wouldn't have changed anything. WCG had said it was a best of 3 sets, with Dignitas having a 1 set advantage, not just a best of three "games" with Dignitas having a 1 "game" advantage.

Again, the outcome would still be the same, except without as much controversy. (Aside from the Jatt thing, of course...)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cLo

Senior Member

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehcyp View Post
OH, so you're asking if Dignitas would have done the right thing in that case and would have said something? Chances are, they would have clarified...but it still wouldn't have changed anything. WCG had said it was a best of 3 sets, with Dignitas having a 1 set advantage, not just a best of three "games" with Dignitas having a 1 "game" advantage.

Again, the outcome would still be the same, except without as much controversy. (Aside from the Jatt thing, of course...)
WCG did nothing for the Canada finals which was played as a best of 3 games. I am almost 100% sure that if noone had brought up anything to the admins they would have let it go as a best of 3 games. Especially considering much of this controversy is because of how unprepared WCG was.

CDE would not have brought up anything because they read the rules which at the time stated best of 3 games. WCG never properly implemented the best of 3 set rules even if that was what they wanted. You cannot change rules on the fly when things have already started.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King Draxx

Senior Member

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgLo View Post
EXACTLY.

BECAUSE if it had been a best of 3 games not a best of 3 set they would have LOST.

CDE THOUGHT IT WAS A BEST OF 3 GAMES.

DIG THOUGHT IT WAS A BEST OF 3 SET.

What if DIG had won that BEST of 3 games series. Would they still have gone to ask admins if it was best of 3 set to allow CDE to play more games and get back into the series?

I am pretty sure if DIG did not mention a whisper to the admins they could have gotten away with it being a best of 3 game series because WCG CAN was played this way.
Uhhh, No. You are wrong.
Yes... if it had been a best of 3 games CDE would've won, that is obvious.
DIG thought it was a best of 3, too - Not just CDE
Stopped reading there. Please get your facts straight.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cLo

Senior Member

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Draxx View Post
Uhhh, No. You are wrong.
Yes... if it had been a best of 3 games CDE would've won, that is obvious.
DIG thought it was a best of 3, too - Not just CDE
Stopped reading there. Please get your facts straight.
Look you really don't understand what went on. I'm not going to bother with you on the situation anymore. so either have someone explain it to you or go look it up.


Why would DIG go ask admins for best of 3 set if they already knew it was a best of 3 games? your understanding of the situation from this very statement shows you don't understand what went on.

Go watch some Reginald vlogs on the matter first. If you didn't even watch the games(like I did) or follow the series at all then stop acting like you know what you are talking about.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RainCast

Senior Member

11-03-2011

Quote:
*deep breath*. Now hopefully you have some freaking understanding of the situation.
I understood the whole time. Now get the pole out of your ass and learn to comprehend what I wrote.

Quote:
But since Dignitas already had suspicions as to whether it was a best of 3 game or a best of 3 set would they have gone on to ask to change it to a best of 3 set to allow CDE to play more games?
They didn't have suspicions. SOMEONE told Voyboy that the Canada qualifiers were a 3 sets of bo3, which it wasn't. This is when Voyboy e-mailed WCG if it was 3 sets bo3. You're very ignorant of the situation. BOTH teams went into KNOWING it was a bo3 GAMES, which was the same for the Canada qualifers.

It's you that doesn't know what happened. Stop saying everyone else doesn't. Should I bold this for you? BOTH TEAMS WENT IN UNDERSTANDING IT WAS A BEST OF 3 GAMES.

This is why Dignitas/Voyboy congratulated CDE for winning the first bo3 games for going to Korea. Too ignorant...

Quote:
CDE would not have brought up anything because they read the rules which at the time stated best of 3 games. WCG never properly implemented the best of 3 set rules even if that was what they wanted. You cannot change rules on the fly when things have already started.
They did change the rules AFTER the understood bo3 games. The original rules on the official website was bo3 games, 1 game advantage to Dignitas. If you look at the website now, they changed the rules. There are threads about this. You should go get informed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SuperTactic

Member

11-03-2011

It would have been completely different; if Dignitas had won a game in the first set they played, they would be going to Korea straight away, no questions asked - even if CDE somehow got around to bringing up the bo3 sets thing, they probably would have been declined regardless.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cLo

Senior Member

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTactic View Post
It would have been completely different; if Dignitas had won a game in the first set they played, they would be going to Korea straight away, no questions asked - even if CDE somehow got around to bringing up the bo3 sets thing, they probably would have been declined regardless.
Exactly.

Can you explain to this Draxxx kid why he does not know what he is talking about.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King Draxx

Senior Member

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgLo View Post
Look you really don't understand what went on. I'm not going to bother with you on the situation anymore. so either have someone explain it to you or go look it up.


Why would DIG go ask admins for best of 3 set if they already knew it was a best of 3 games? your understanding of the situation from this very statement shows you don't understand what went on.

Go watch some Reginald vlogs on the matter first. If you didn't even watch the games(like I did) or follow the series at all then stop acting like you know what you are talking about.
BECAUSE SOMEONE TOLD DIG THAT IT WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A BEST OF 3 GAMES..... HOW MANY F'S WERE YOU GIVEN IN READING COMPREHENSION LOL!!!

This child looks so retarded right now it's not even worth laughing about