Playing to be Evil: Its Good to be Bad! [3.0] New and vastly improved!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Basilisk9466

01-01-2010

First thing I read, even before I loaded up the game for the first time. So little made sense, but it was all awesome, and I'm pretty sure it saved me from a huge number of stupid mistakes. The champ listing also started my love affair with Tristana, and I've gained so much from all the psych tricks.

Two thumbs up!

Azereus

Recruiter

01-01-2010

Very well written. Long, but I enjoyed reading it

Two heroes I'd like to sell to you - Shaco and Mundo.

Attacking from within invisibility, Shaco crits. The damage scares most people, and they run immediately. Shaco's passive increases his damage to them, and they just get even more scared and run even more.
When they try to actively engage him, Shaco's deceive and hallucinate increase his survivability drastically giving the enemy team a feeling that he's unkillable.

Mundo as a tank isn't awfully scary, but DPS Mundo scares the hell out of me.
Pot shots with cleaver can drop chunks of HP all game, and his high MS and damage due to masochism is painful.
What really makes him fun, is that after being damaged all he has to do activate sadism, run around a bit and turn around to kill again - with full HP.

TheAmishPirate

01-05-2010

Sir, you are an excellent writer. Not only is this a great LoL guide, I'm picking up on things I can use in other games. You also get credit for being the first general strategy guide that not only suggested trash-talking, but then went to give advice on how to do it proper.

Keep slogging people! It's worth it.

EDIT: A tip that I've found from playing Gangplank/reading this guide. Make sure to emphasize the power of Parley. It puts out nice damage, and everyone forgets about it (and it's range for that matter) when chasing. Plus, since it applies on-hit effects, there's a lot of potential for slows, crits, etc. All at dirt cheap mana and cooldown. Since Gangplank already has high speed from Morale and anti-CC with Cure Scurvy, he is a nasty one to chase.

Rugbyjr

01-05-2010

Wish i read this before you kicked my ass 27-4. Worth the read if only for the jokes. I'll try it out.

ExpertVillage

01-17-2010

I've only read the preface, but from a philosophical standpoint, if everyone thought like you, this world would be a very f**ked up place. You sound like a person I wouldn't like haha. The point is if you are dealt "bad cards" you work harder to get better ones, you don't just cheat and screw everyone over.

Sethok

02-11-2010

White text on black background?
I wanted to print this, but not this way ^^
Could you release a printable Version pls?

JoeBart

02-11-2010

Great write up TheHeretic! As you state in your guide, this should be required reading material for newer players.

I absolutely love the section about being honest with your playstyle. Not many people can step back and objectively look at how they play. If they can though, that alone can immensely help to improve their game.

Versis

02-11-2010

Great guide!! thanks for putting forth the time and effort to throw this together Heretic.

Voluptuous

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2010

Being a new player there is some jargon in the guide that I find my self unfamiliar with "jungler" for example. Maybe include a segment explaining some of the words frequently used by players. Also when I first got on the forum there was a pro guide to feeding and I was thinking of changing my game to suit this in attempt to be better at the game, come to find as I read more into the thread that feeding is a bad thing.

Also things like "you carry" "the enemies carry". As well make YOU CAN BUY POTIONS very prominent as I had no idea and assumed that most enemies had a heal spell.

Sorry if someone else suggested this, I didn't want to read 9 pages >.>

P.S. Great guide.

Voluptuous

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2010

"Note: Please check your countries age of consent laws before letting a 16 year old give you a *******"
-TheHeretic

I lol'd