Playing to be Evil: Its Good to be Bad! [3.0] New and vastly improved!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kisada

11-02-2009

Reading through it still but so far fantastic - i've definately been playing aggressive loose and am finding Tryn to be the perfect fit. I need to learn to branch out based on team needs though - no tanks proves an issue when they all target me every game =D

Nikorasu

11-02-2009

Very nice guide.

I however disagree about one thing: When you clearly state how your attitude in a lane should be, after the explanation of dominant-passive players.

I rely heavily on mindgames, and I found extremely useful to "look" like the passive player sometimes in order to increase my opponent's aggresivity, just to exploit it later with a quick counterattack. Extremely agressive players are not always defeated by counter-intimidation, but rather pretending you're their *****, and tossing them into your tower to death later.

I do this a lot with Shaco and Singed, and I consider it a really viable strategy.

Drexl

11-02-2009

Reading this made me hard....errr...Very well written. Would recommend this to anyone, regardless of their skill level.

n3rdychick

11-02-2009

Brilliant work. Psychology definitely does play a role, since I've felt the effects of demoralization myself and seen the effects of my behavior on enemies.

If players want to be really hardcore about psych, add a section about your summoner name. Mine is "n3rdychick." Players spend half their time in all chat trying to figure out if I'm actually a girl (I am) and tend to underestimate me. Then, think of how it feels to have "n3rdychick HAS SLAIN YOU" or "n3rdychick IS UNSTOPPABLE" flash across the screen. Yeah dude, you just got crushed by a girl.

sanhosee

11-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldemerald View Post
"Of course this isn't a guide on getting girls... yet."
DAMMIT thats what i actually need
Apply the same basics and you'll do fine (No, the girl isn't the opponent, don't trashtalk her! The other men are the enemy. If you're aggressive-type, remember that if she has a boyfriend already then he is just a stronger enemy).

And now to open the pandora's box.

But first, a bit of a background info: I'm a defensive-tight player. This reflects my background in playing igo (wikipedia it) and monking in a top Guild Wars clan (The Prizewinning Hogs / Storm Hogs), so I daresay I know a bit about being a good player. Then again, whenever I refer to "good player(s)", I'm drawing from my experiences in GW as I've only recently started playing LoL.

In my humble opinion trash talking is not meaningful. First of all, against a good, premade team your trash-talking merely makes you a clown. While you might argue that this makes the enemy sloppy, the best hardly ever let their shield down. And while I got the picture that this guide is targeted to players who often play solo and thus rarely encounter the good players, I'd prefer getting long-term advantages by trying to focus getting my own game as solid as possible versus learning a trick play that doesn't really work when you're facing someone good. Plus I think everyone here is aiming to be one of those really good players someday, so just learning how to defeat weak players doesn't cut it.

Second, anyone who has read your guide and is a rational player now shrugs trashtalking off as another attempt to off-balance you.

Third, being an intimidating opponent is far more effective through actions. The basic thing about leadership - the very same you talk about, leading through actions can be turned succesfully uspide-down, being cruely dominating through actions. This is actually reflected in n3rdychick's response above. It's far more effective (though harder) to actually do something that intimidates the opponent in-game. This can also be seen in igo. The top players, when facing each other, are pushing each other like no tomorrow. However, the verbal contact they have goes along the lines of "good luck". No trashtalking. Such a thing would only make you look stupid, and ultimately, expelled from the community - which happens in online games too. We never recruited trashtalkers, actually I got in The Prizewinning Hogs when a friend of the guild leader told I'm "a decent player who is quick to learn and doesn't rage".

What I'm trying to convey here is: be a ***** trough your actions, not your words. Doing otherwise will only lead to you being known as the clown.

Now, on the contrary, the rest of the guide is a very good read. It has some good stuff there while it was rather light to read. Kudos. Plus the player categories made me think my own playstyle, which lead to experimenting a more aggressive style, which is turning out to be a right path. Thanks for that.

On the sidenote, igo has a term called "honte".
Quote:
Originally Posted by senseis.xmp.net
"Honte is a Japanese go term adopted by English. A move which is honte ('the proper move') is a solid play that leaves few weaknesses behind or none. Often honte looks slow, passive, or defensive. But honte is not passive or purely defensive play. In fact, if a play carries no aim or threat, it is not honte."
Now, igo is a very offensive-heavy game, so this might make a strong argument in LoL, too. The basic idea I'm trying to convey here is the possibility of a middle path between defensive and aggressive tight player.

Sorry for the rather long post though.

meowmixt

11-06-2009

Gj on that ! I enjoyed reading this was really interesting and funny some parts ! take care

Thenadathor

11-09-2009

holy ****. you are amazing.

GingerGiant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2009

I just began scratching the surface of this guide. It's not really about being evil, it's about an aggressive mindset. I run on a 4-man team. Our team is...

Jax - Me
Anivia
Twitch
Master Yi

It's a little heavy on the carries, but we win a LOT.

The 5th person can usually pick whoever they want, too. We prefer Cho'Gath, though.

Most of the time, I get the mid lane to myself.

While Twitch or Yi, may be a better choice for solo, there is a very good reason they give it to me.

I play aggressively, and I get first blood within the first 15 seconds after the minions clash.

I've killed Teemos, Tristanas, Katarinas, and even the occasional Dr. Mundo.

But, I've also felt tired and sleepy, and not had my head in the game. When I am "out of it", I mess up. My team almost took away my mid spot.

Now, I make sure to play like they're gonna take away my lane.
I get first blood within 15 seconds of minions clashing...
EVERY SINGLE GAME, except for one, against another Jax.
He FB'd me, and I learned from it, and got better.

The other nice thing about my team, is that we all know each other in real life. We're just college students who sit at the round table every night with out laptops and play LoL for a few hours. We point stuff out to each other, and even helped each other find "our" champions.

GNOY

11-13-2009

Thanx. Awesome thing to read.

Cosno

11-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanhosee View Post
Apply the same basics and you'll do fine (No, the girl isn't the opponent, don't trashtalk her! The other men are the enemy. If you're aggressive-type, remember that if she has a boyfriend already then he is just a stronger enemy).

And now to open the pandora's box.

But first, a bit of a background info: I'm a defensive-tight player. This reflects my background in playing igo (wikipedia it) and monking in a top Guild Wars clan (The Prizewinning Hogs / Storm Hogs), so I daresay I know a bit about being a good player. Then again, whenever I refer to "good player(s)", I'm drawing from my experiences in GW as I've only recently started playing LoL.

In my humble opinion trash talking is not meaningful. First of all, against a good, premade team your trash-talking merely makes you a clown. While you might argue that this makes the enemy sloppy, the best hardly ever let their shield down. And while I got the picture that this guide is targeted to players who often play solo and thus rarely encounter the good players, I'd prefer getting long-term advantages by trying to focus getting my own game as solid as possible versus learning a trick play that doesn't really work when you're facing someone good. Plus I think everyone here is aiming to be one of those really good players someday, so just learning how to defeat weak players doesn't cut it.

Second, anyone who has read your guide and is a rational player now shrugs trashtalking off as another attempt to off-balance you.

Third, being an intimidating opponent is far more effective through actions. The basic thing about leadership - the very same you talk about, leading through actions can be turned succesfully uspide-down, being cruely dominating through actions. This is actually reflected in n3rdychick's response above. It's far more effective (though harder) to actually do something that intimidates the opponent in-game. This can also be seen in igo. The top players, when facing each other, are pushing each other like no tomorrow. However, the verbal contact they have goes along the lines of "good luck". No trashtalking. Such a thing would only make you look stupid, and ultimately, expelled from the community - which happens in online games too. We never recruited trashtalkers, actually I got in The Prizewinning Hogs when a friend of the guild leader told I'm "a decent player who is quick to learn and doesn't rage".

What I'm trying to convey here is: be a ***** trough your actions, not your words. Doing otherwise will only lead to you being known as the clown.

Now, on the contrary, the rest of the guide is a very good read. It has some good stuff there while it was rather light to read. Kudos. Plus the player categories made me think my own playstyle, which lead to experimenting a more aggressive style, which is turning out to be a right path. Thanks for that.

On the sidenote, igo has a term called "honte".

Now, igo is a very offensive-heavy game, so this might make a strong argument in LoL, too. The basic idea I'm trying to convey here is the possibility of a middle path between defensive and aggressive tight player.

Sorry for the rather long post though.
i think you missed the point of his trashtalking section. the point isnt to actually trashtalk, the point is the mind **** the enemy verbally. this is actually suprisingly hard to do. you want to say things that are completely harmless yet contain just the right amount of smugness and sarcasm to really infuriate your oponent and make his play sloppy. his example is very good in that he says something that is very much harmless and in good nature but if said after killing someone it can get to most people.