Playing to be Evil: Its Good to be Bad! [3.0] New and vastly improved!

12345612 ... 30
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

09-27-2009

A+

Zanien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2009

Amazingly good read.

10/10

Elyseishott

09-28-2009

The funniest thing about this guide is that I have bought e-books online for over 20$ not this good. You have a real talent and I believe you could probably make money off of your writing. Just something to think about.

Tikigod

10-01-2009

Great guide!

One thing though... the white on black background is rough on the eyes after a while. Any chance you can reverse or get it a dark color font on lighter background?

Sure white on black looks cool, but when your eyes want to explode, is it worth that?

Redskizzers

10-01-2009

Very nice

+1

runon4ever

10-01-2009

This is going to work wonders in making League of Legend's community better than that of Dota's or HoN's.

I like it.

EnygmaSoul

10-01-2009

Heretic, I love the guide. Even though the playstyle you advocate isn't one I fully agree with (yes, I know my value system gets in the way of my ability as a player. No, I don't consider Moar Power worth the sacrifice. Everyone has different priorities), I considered it very well written and quite insightful. Excellent work, and I can only hope you continue to maintain and refine this guide: It has the potential to be a defining source on it's subject matter.

That being said, in the interests of helping improve the guide, and being a minor bit of a language geek, I thought I'd offer a little bit of editing advice.

At many points in the guide you use the phrase "risk adverse." While the two words do sound similar and have similar meanings (thus making this a common mistake), the actual word you want in the sections containing this phrase is averse, not aDverse. Something that is adverse is actively opposing or contradicting you: making your life more difficult in some fashion. Adverse conditions, adverse criticism, etc. The state of being averse to something, however, is a mental state in which you feel strong antipathy, hostility, or a desire to avoid something.

Like I said, it's only a minor edit, and ultimately not going to impact much. But I would like to see this become the highest quality document it is capable of being (I reiterate: there is SO much potential here), so I hope you don't mind the small correction.

TheHeretic

10-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnygmaSoul View Post
Heretic, I love the guide. Even though the playstyle you advocate isn't one I fully agree with (yes, I know my value system gets in the way of my ability as a player. No, I don't consider Moar Power worth the sacrifice. Everyone has different priorities), I considered it very well written and quite insightful. Excellent work, and I can only hope you continue to maintain and refine this guide: It has the potential to be a defining source on it's subject matter.

That being said, in the interests of helping improve the guide, and being a minor bit of a language geek, I thought I'd offer a little bit of editing advice.

At many points in the guide you use the phrase "risk adverse." While the two words do sound similar and have similar meanings (thus making this a common mistake), the actual word you want in the sections containing this phrase is averse, not aDverse. Something that is adverse is actively opposing or contradicting you: making your life more difficult in some fashion. Adverse conditions, adverse criticism, etc. The state of being averse to something, however, is a mental state in which you feel strong antipathy, hostility, or a desire to avoid something.

Like I said, it's only a minor edit, and ultimately not going to impact much. But I would like to see this become the highest quality document it is capable of being (I reiterate: there is SO much potential here), so I hope you don't mind the small correction.
You are 100% right, thats a habit I need to drop. That and affect/effect :P

I'll definitely make the edit, thanks for making a note of it. The guide isn't close to finished, and probably never will be. I am going to get it up to par by the official release date, as the games in beta so is the guide. Cheers for the feedback, and everyone else with positive comments =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikigod View Post
Great guide!

One thing though... the white on black background is rough on the eyes after a while. Any chance you can reverse or get it a dark color font on lighter background?

Sure white on black looks cool, but when your eyes want to explode, is it worth that?
White text on a black background is much easier on the eyes than vice versa. It also fits the theme of the guide and I have no desire to change it. Its "unusual" and some people aren't used to it or find it objectionable but it is demonstrably easier to read.

Sucks you and probably others don't like it, you'll just have to make do as it would look terrible colours reversed.

Knothing

10-03-2009

This is by far THE best psychological mindgames guide ive ever read, you really are great expressing yourself in a way everybody can feel drawn to it, congratulations and i hope you keep writing guides like this or improving this one cause it really is an awesome read.

P.S: Are you by any chance the same TheHeretic that wrote a balanar guide a long time ago for dota-allstars? Because that was great too.

Crazy Demon

10-03-2009

Lol, great warning on page 30.

12345612 ... 30