Playing to be Evil: Its Good to be Bad! [3.0] New and vastly improved!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GhostDieM

06-08-2010

Nice guide heretic, being a psychology student myself I'm impressed that you made a fun to read and and pretty much correct guide on how people behave in competetive games in general and in LoL. Keep it up! Hope to meet you on the battlefield one day

Redenbacher

06-08-2010

That was a fantastic read, and I can definitely implement these ideas in to my game.

After reading the profiling section, I find it intriguing that I have been altering my play styles based on enemy champs' behaviors without even understanding why. I tend to play much looser against 'aggressive tight' players, and the opposite for the 'defensive loose' archetype.

Although I'm pretty aggressive overall, no matter what the case... which probably explains why I've been playing Mordekaiser so much lately...

Anyway, great work; looking forward to the updates in 3.1

Airza

06-08-2010

i'm confused about saying "you can't change the cards life dealt you" after an anecdote about doctoring your GPA. o_o

Airza

06-08-2010

Auto-attacking creeps pushes your own into the enemy tower. This makes last hitting them very difficult for your opponent, in effect denying him the gold he'd otherwise be earning. Always last hit, but pushing your creeps towards his tower works can be advantageous, though it gives him extra security from his own tower.

lol

Wildkarde

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2010

Good read. Nice work man. It was definitely interesting and brought up some depth to the game I hadn't thought of.

Plus you kept it humorous which makes the 40 pages bearable!

+1!!

DrDraxium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-10-2010

I can't believe I just read a 40 page document on the psychology and strategy behind LoL. Then again, I can perfectly understand this going on the quality of the document. A few inconsistencies and contradictions here and there, but I can overlook them.

Nice one TheHeretic! I played a mean Cho'Gath and Rammus with all of this freshly read material bouncing about in my brain.

Nethervoid

06-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumb E View Post
Online poker is to real poker as a speculum is to Real Man Meat. Are you having more of a problem with the mechanics of play he describes or the psychology of it? I guarantee the psychology is completely different. **** gets very personal and heated in both LoL and normal poker.

I have had great success at live poker too, the dynamics are the same, the execution is different. The only poker concept that really related to LoL is the rock-paper-scissors dynamic. Setting aside the universal dynamics on improving gameplay which are the same for any compettaive event.

Anyways the poker references make me cringe. For example, in live poker the best players are ALL loose aggressive, not tight-aggressive. Tight aggressive is a strategy for players who lack the skill to play loose aggressive properly. Loose aggressive play requires MORE of a mathematical grasp of the game game not less. The math in tight aggressive play style is far easier.

Xocolatl

06-10-2010

Dang... every time a new version of this guide comes out, I end up playing jerks for the next month..
It's effective, yes, but it sucks the fun right out of the game for other people.

Xianio

06-10-2010

I think this is an excellent guide for Carries and to get out of Low ELO. Overall I think it's far to individualistic for a team game but I do understand where you're coming from. I also disagree with your ideologies on morality (and think that you kind of contradict the original quote you made in your guide) but that also isn't surprising as by your terms I'm a defensive loose (but I also generally speaking play tanks where that's much more of a benefit).

Overall it's a solid guide and a very entertaining read. While you and I may have different opinions on stuff I think that this is definitely a very useful resource for new players.

1337SuperNewb

Recruiter

06-11-2010

Things I learned from this: Apply my LoL-Game to life, since I'm already Agressive-Loose/Tight in game.