Playing to be Evil: Its Good to be Bad! [3.0] New and vastly improved!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chibearsfan

04-03-2010

makes me want to take a psychology class

quitetroublesome

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-04-2010

Quote:
first off, i absolutely love you, theheretic.

I love the guide, and try to apply it in game, although i felt that i needed to see the master in action to fully understand the bits where action is involved.
I copy pasted your username into the profile search option, and a level 5 came up with a total of 3 wins. My head exploded.
Is there any chance that this is a second account of yours or something of the like? I'd really enjoy playing a game or two with you.

Hopefully you're still reading this thread, because i'm downright depressed.
heretic i know youre out there somewhere
im not a stalker

Nethervoid

04-05-2010

As a professional online poker pro I URGE you to not write about poker. Almost everything about your poker section is categorically incorrect and should be removed from the rest of your post which is done quite well.

advenger

04-05-2010

When i first started playing LoL i had a 16-1 kdr with teemo. Since then i have fallen to a 3-1 kdr while players being better is obvious, i also forgot my fundemental principles from dota, the physcological warefare of harassing and being unpredictable and not afraid to die for a greater outcome. <--- huge runon sentence

Thanks though i now remember my roots and will start playing accordingly again~!!!

Bonegnasher

04-15-2010

This guide is not nearly as evil as I thought it would be. It's still excellent, though.

Gumb E

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethervoid View Post
As a professional online poker pro I URGE you to not write about poker. Almost everything about your poker section is categorically incorrect and should be removed from the rest of your post which is done quite well.
Online poker is to real poker as a speculum is to Real Man Meat. Are you having more of a problem with the mechanics of play he describes or the psychology of it? I guarantee the psychology is completely different. **** gets very personal and heated in both LoL and normal poker.

dirkzy

04-15-2010

Did I play agaisnt you (TheHeretic) as Teemo yesterday?

Teemo vs tf in mid.

Ezdagor

04-27-2010

I'm just saying this again to say it again, I love this guide, I try to get as many people as I can to read it, and I try to follow it and the spirit it was written it.

Keep doing what you're doing.

TheHeretic

04-28-2010

A completely revamped version of this is coming out soon.

ValentinaLuna

04-28-2010

Interesting, but I do question the helpfulness of the guide.

You must have a certain way of grasping/understand things to fully make use of this guide, common sense and simply many, many players lack those.

Aggressive Tight sounds like the superior way to play the game, with Aggressive Loose the close second.

However, in the end anything that is unpredictable will turn predictable, unless it's unpredictable by nature.

Trying to change from a person that is more of a thinker/tactician won't work. No matter how hard you try to be unpredictable, there will be a pattern behind it.

I myself would - If I had to classify myself as one of these 4 options, as a Defensive Tight player. However - I do change accordingly to how the game shapes. I'll show aggressiveness if the enemy I go against can't counter, I play defensive when the enemy is far greater than I am, till - with even odds, or 60/40 chances I will try to make my move. Although that's still risky, it's not going for something I can't beat.

Reading your opponent is important, I give you that. But how can you be certain he shows you his actual skill/side and not just fakes it?
Your guide has a lot of 'I am the man. I can do it. I want to be the best. If I give myself positive feelings I will perform better'
But that just isn't the way every human ticks.
I, personally, assume any opponent I go against is superior to me. Period.
I will play defensive, I let them bully me around - I try to read them and find their weaknesses. Once I have enough information that turns around. I become more aggressive, poke and hit those weaknesses and shortcomings as good as I can. I will bully them back - Far worse than they bullied me. While I had time to get a grasp of the playstyle they go for, they've just seen 'one side' of me.

Switching between Aggressive Tight and Defensive Tight as you need it, instantly - is in my eyes the far better choice to aim for.

Then again, I couldn't even think of playing by feel/Loose. I think, I predict, I avoid unnecessary deaths, I will try to learn the hero before actually using it. I ensure that I always have an escape path when things go highwire. I am map aware to prevent ganks - etc.

I don't recall when I've last died while playing defensive farming mid.
Ganking a good defensive / calculating player is difficult, as they will always have some ace up their sleeve to give them an edge on escaping/dodging/winning.
Using wards to gank the defensive player can be effective. On the other hand - defensive players use/can use wards as well. Nothing better than to have a whole team of 5 waiting in the bushes, ready to ambush you while you watch them for a while, say "/all Hey. Looks like a nice bush to chill out in" and keeping your distance.
They do their move, you step back, they step back - you can once more farm as you want to. Once people realize that they can't gank you that easily they will attempt for a different target. Which once more gives you the upper hand of telling your teammates about possible ganks/enemy locations.

And smack talking over All chat? Oh please.
Once you take it with a chuckle, you're pretty much an impenetrable wall. I've had all kinds of things thrown at me, ranging from subtle insults over to plain name calling.
It makes me giggle. While playing dirty while you are inferior to the other team can work nicely, knowing that people will start to play dirty while they are inferior can lead to a rather quick and devastating defeat.

I do like the guide all in all, although I do try to not play cheap. Verbal attacks, no matter how subtle can happen here and there - But purposely attempting to do so will become obvious.

My tip would be

- > always expect an enemy to be better than you. Giving yourself a state of inferiority improves your game, simply by the fact that you play more careful, are more aware of the surroundings. If you are watched long enough 95% of your actions can be predicted. If you are not unpredictable by nature, do not try to change. It won't work. Rather calculate the risks (If you are fast, that is.) than to become a predictable feeder while trying to be unpredictable.

And a nice surrender line, should you actually be in that situation.

"They simply have the better game, we can't beat em"