Playing to be Evil: Its Good to be Bad! [3.0] New and vastly improved!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeero

02-12-2010

This was an awesome read! I can tell you put a lot of time and thought into this and it's greatly appreciated. I know that it will help improve my game. Thanks!

Edit: It's funny because I do a lot of the things you mention in this guide already but I do them subconsciously and after reading this I think I will be able to more easily identify where I need to improve and what areas I already do well in.

I play Trynd the most and I use a lot of the tactics you mention. I love functioning at low HP levels and baiting people into doing stupid things to try and kill me. I think it is what Trynd does best and for that he is my favorite champion. Also the fact that he can juke and psych people out easily with spin slash and mocking shout.... just all works so well for my play style.

Lord Mathrotus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2010

This is my first post, I really felt like posting because this is such a great guide.

I especially wanted to recommend Karthus as a champion who fits this guide, because with his extremely powerful nuke with 1 second cooldown, he can keep his lane opponent running the whole time and not let him last hit, trying to dodge it. Whats even better is they wont always manage to dodge it, making their health drop.

Eventually you will get a kill, by one of the following scenarios:

Code:
-Harassing so much they will simply die because they refuse to lose exp by going back to base
-Harassing them until they get pissed and attack you, which results in you activating Defile, a very powerful, but close-ranged dps skill.
    -From this scenario 2 branches come out:
    -They will die trying to kill you
    -They will see their hp drop and run away in fear, and you will catch them with Wall of Pain
-Harassing them until they decide to go heal, and 50% of the time they will go back too late, and will be low enough for you to finish them off with ult.
Sometimes your allies will even notice that your lane opponent is really low, and they will help you gank him, allowing you to save your ult for better opportunities.

EDIT: And guess what? That person will become the lane *****. /EDIT

Ive achieved lvl 18 before most people had reached lvl 9 with this strategy, and that gave me scores like 10-0, 15-2 and such.

RHINO Mk II

02-22-2010

Yeesh.... nice essay.

I like playing anivia, as I have incredible support ability (no, you may not chase me. or my teammates), incredible mind games (yes, please, I'm only 50 hp. you won't be in tower range, promise!), and occasionally the carry (1000 endgame damage apiece from spells with a cooldown under 10 seconds makes for some nice turnarounds while chasing.)

As long as anivia has mana, she is dangerous... enemies cant pursue without constantly walking through a blizzard, around a glacier, into flash frost and frost bite, repeat. I do get mad when a tank cho'gath goes off and steal the golem buff because 'my abilities cost so much mana, and besides your mana pool is four times what mine is'. It's not like sniping the enemy team every 10 seconds would help a push, or setting a blizzard around the base of their tower.

But enough ranting. Nice guide. Although I question your ethical soundness, I will put into practice what is useful to me from this guide.

KirbyHero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2010

Getting a job with a doctored resume' is morally wrong.

blazeu25

02-22-2010

sometimes u have to fake it till u make it man. life is long and hard and ur gona have to make ****ed up choices.its just how it is.sometimes to get to the right u have to go threw the wrongs. btw godliek guide man, u have my respect.i added u up so we can play some games together.hopefully u accept

EbonSteele

02-22-2010

Aggro/Loose Lane phase, Defensive/Loose late game. I've found that my crutch late game is my damage, as I usually play Tanky heroes. Very insightful guide.

I'm still gonna be "...one "lets fight to the end" clown (pg 30)." You just never know when one good push will turn into base insertion, backdooring and then winning. Like poker, your enemies may very well try to bully the table, only for you to slowly eat away at their chips. Hell, I've seen a game where They missed backdooring us, started bickering and surrendered while we were getting our nuts handed to us the entire game. In the end, what's 5 more minutes of your time? Use your taunts to spur you enemies to finish it if need be.

Shadowmere

02-25-2010

The guide is incredibly well done and contains loads of useful information. I really like your style and I enjoyed reading the whole guide. Nevertheless, I believe your guide isn't the only viable option to become a good player. Some of the advices you give are universal, but others would depend more on your play style. In fact, what I mean is that people shouldn't take everything you say as cash and use their judgment a bit. Most things you say can be applied by anyone, but some tips just won't do with some archetypes, etc. For those that are mainly complaining about the trashtalking section, understand that this is how TheHeretic plays and believes people who want to win should, but this isn't the only way! If you've got other strategies that you believe can work as good or even better, don't just post a comment here, WRITE THAT GUIDE!

Thunderlike

02-27-2010

Best guide I've read in years.I don't know for others,but I can definetely learn a lot from it.Me being a hardcore dota player,I've been doing things subconsiously and never payed attention to a lot of others.The guide offers a lot of information and it's a huge chunk of help to whomever will read it.So keep up the good work mate.Really enjoyed reading it

saixx

02-27-2010

Nice read, great time killer at work here. I enjoyed it and found a few things to add to my arsenal. I do have to say though my Taric is not anyones *****, I innitiate I provide support as aura Taric...but at the end my K/D ratio and I think im at 9/2 W/L(just started last week with him) says a support char can carry. I can carry a team by doing decent damage, leading them into the fight, stunning and setting the targets.

My favorite of my games was playing with a quite talented jungling warwick, who led the team. Then he friends me after...then he faces me after and I explain his playtyle to my team and we tore him apart first every team fight.

Just because your friends doesnt mean that you cant play against them at your fullest. If you know how they play exploit it, if they know how you play, mix it up...unless your nearly perfect like me, then just laugh and kill them anyways.

p.s. im not really perfect, just pumpin up my own ego so I play better eh

Markcf

03-02-2010

Great guide, a bit long winded though...