Combat Logs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Korzek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2009

I would love to see a combat log that you could look at after you die to see what the heck happen to you. When I first played I was getting wrecked a lot and never knew by what untill I played with most of the characters. I still get it every now and then that I wish I knew what happened, would probably do wonders for new players if they look at it while waiting for revive.

As well what I would love to see in a combat log if they do ever implement it is for them to color the skill used and when moused over it shows the skill's description. With this you get to see what happened to you and why. For example the if Cho'Gath uses devourer on you and your a caster at end game (with no hp gear) you died instantly at half health and never knew what happened. Would also be nice if they put debuffs and stun skills casted on your champion on the combat log as well to get more insight on your opponents skills.

Although this would really only help beginners and people who haven't memorized every single skill of all the champions and not so much to end game users, I still think that is enough of a reason to put into the game.

Ulgrim

07-22-2009

+1 to these ideas. They sound very very useful. I've definitely had a few "wtf just happened to me" moments in this. If i knew what happened maybe i could make a better strategy for defending against it next time.

Lollerman

07-22-2009

Rather than a combat log, a replay/playback/record demo feature that is supported by the client/game itself would be much more appreciated.

Emrot

07-22-2009

I love this idea. It would definitely help newbies learn the game, especially if it included all that mouseover info like you suggest.

Removable Disk F

07-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by emrot View Post
I love this idea. It would definitely help newbies learn the game, especially if it included all that mouseover info like you suggest.
I can't help but agree.

Skaft

The Council

07-23-2009

Im not sure, but i think they're doing some recap death thing/combat log

Commodore Frank

Adjudicator

07-23-2009

They seemed to like the idea when somebody suggested a few weeks ago that they add a log after you die that shows the damage you took shortly before death.

I certainly would like to see this implemented, because even if you know the heroes, it's hard to tell what hit you so freaking hard out of nowhere sometimes.

Xarek

07-23-2009

I would love a combat log, that showed up when you died, but I don't really want to see it otherwise.

Braxis

07-23-2009

I replay would probably only show what happened, but with a log you get alot more info, I also have man "WTF" moments, especially as a new player, and it would aid in learning different characters strengths abilities etc.

Its a great idea!!

Baby Pigeon

07-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollerman View Post
Rather than a combat log, a replay/playback/record demo feature that is supported by the client/game itself would be much more appreciated.
This in combination with the combat log would be invaluable, a combat log itself only will show you the numerical value of the outcome, but a visual representation of the scenario will show exactly how it happened. The awareness of positioning, and the chain reaction of a slow/stun for the enemy to advance their positioning towards can lead to devestating effects if you're on the verge of a very heavy burst. Pros will know these things down to the latency of their connection through countless plays, but newcomers might need to see how the entire event unfolded, and areas where they could better position themselves to avoid a similar or identical outcome.