How does 3s jungling work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koldheartedjsp

11-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius Steele View Post
If you start with all 3 at the enemy bot camp, you let the enemy take the top buff.Starting at their top camp is almost impossible, once you start the camp you're going to have to fight heroes + the camp..
i like to start at the top non buff one with my team. Yeah bottom one is to risky to start at.

Lizto

11-05-2011

Top camp is best for a reason: If you start at bot camp and you get wraiths, you will have to smite big wraith to not take heavy damage, depending on your champion, even with leash, some champions just take a while to kill the big wraith with all its lifesteal. After smiting, you will be fine if the top camp is wolves, but if its golems youre kinda screwed, you will have to take heavy damage to finish that camp and get level 2.

If you start at top camp, you can get wolves, no need for smite there, then go bottom and smite big wraith or big golem depending on what you get (big golem wont die just from smite). If you get double golems top, you smite, then you get level 2, so youre happy.

If youre shaco, place traps by a buff, a few by red and another few by the bot camp, take bot camp then place another box near red, when red is up, kill it with smite. A level 1 teamfight has more chances of taking place like this. You can start at the top jungle buffs too, make sure your team is with you, incase the enemy team try to stop you, you will have the box advantage (trust me, if theyre stupid and go in when there are enough boxes, you can even win 2v3s)

Koldheartedjsp

11-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizto View Post
Top camp is best for a reason: If you start at bot camp and you get wraiths, you will have to smite big wraith to not take heavy damage, depending on your champion, even with leash, some champions just take a while to kill the big wraith with all its lifesteal. After smiting, you will be fine if the top camp is wolves, but if its golems youre kinda screwed, you will have to take heavy damage to finish that camp and get level 2.

If you start at top camp, you can get wolves, no need for smite there, then go bottom and smite big wraith or big golem depending on what you get (big golem wont die just from smite). If you get double golems top, you smite, then you get level 2, so youre happy.

If youre shaco, place traps by a buff, a few by red and another few by the bot camp, take bot camp then place another box near red, when red is up, kill it with smite. A level 1 teamfight has more chances of taking place like this. You can start at the top jungle buffs too, make sure your team is with you, incase the enemy team try to stop you, you will have the box advantage (trust me, if theyre stupid and go in when there are enough boxes, you can even win 2v3s)
where do you plcae your boxes as shaco at the top buff? Its hard to place them exactly right :/

one of three things usually happens

1. nothing, and i grab the camp as normal
2. an enemy will bait the fear then hit the brush, taking no damage
3. Wraiths spawn and the range is to short to kill all of them due to range

Wheredigo

11-06-2011

it takes a bit of trial and error to get the right placement for shaco's dolls, personally i never put them all in 1 spot for a few of those reasons. if done right you'll have 6 dolls out when the camp spawns. Also, if done right, if a champion comes into the area before the mobs they'll die in about 1 second

Captain Kopp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2011

i have a couple videos, but blockbuster releases have me distracted from making more for the time being.
http://www.own3d.tv/EvilCoookie

DEVlN

11-07-2011

Jungling in 3s in the end is what will win/lose you the game. If you do it right, your teams CS will be astronomically higher with 2 solo lanes and a jungle. But if you get counter-jungled bad enough, you will be underfarmed, and underleveled for the majority of the game.

It takes teamwork, communication, and many ganks to have a good jungler.

Koldheartedjsp

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Coookie View Post
i have a couple videos, but blockbuster releases have me distracted from making more for the time being.
http://www.own3d.tv/EvilCoookie
do you have any videos jungling as tryn/udyr/fiddle?

these are ones i wanna see because i have very little expierence facing a jungler. Every so often i see it in normals but i don't wanna dive into ranked before i have more matches playing vs junglers.

Roy Trenneman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2011

you have to jungle in 3s or ur ****ed...

Captain Kopp

11-07-2011

i tried fiddle but it didn't feel very strong due to the lack of blue, i haven't gotten the hang of udyr for the same reasons and he's not as fun to play. Tyrndamere is really really easy to do, just copy the lee sin route with more standard runes. Vraell told me ghoztzero is a good jungle udyr, but i havent talked to him yet

Koldheartedjsp

11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Coookie View Post
i tried fiddle but it didn't feel very strong due to the lack of blue, i haven't gotten the hang of udyr for the same reasons and he's not as fun to play. Tyrndamere is really really easy to do, just copy the lee sin route with more standard runes. Vraell told me ghoztzero is a good jungle udyr, but i havent talked to him yet
well in normals currently what i tend to do is start at their top non buff and if i hit 2 then hit a wolves buff camp and tend to stay in the top jungle for most of the early game, starting cloth+5 pots and healing off just pots keeping my fury for fast clears, ignoring bottom jungle and bottom lane