No one pointed this possibility out...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RagnatheBloodedg

11-02-2011

If CDE had LOST the qualifier initially, as in the best of three final was a 2-0 to Dignitas, as in Dignitas won one game, it is unlikely that CDE would have questioned it... at all. They looked at the site, they knew the rules, they played by them, therefore it is unlikely they would have contacted either Riot or WCG about extra matches. So in this context, WCG is literally one of the worst tournament organizations possible. Not only did they crush a teams chance at going to their little event, but they sent a team that apparently did not even read the rules.
I am dissapoint, and I am sorry MattMarcou, you are not 100% to blame, however the fact you refused to even stand up for both teams really depresses me. Yeah, Riot is a business. Yeah we need a single representative for US. However, NO you should not, in any way, be complacent with WCG's decision to not uphold its end of the bargain by actually monitoring and keeping track of its posted rules, which it then refused to enforce because they didn't want to put their foot down. On top of this, they changed the rules, and you sat there, Riot's representative, and nodded.
In short, we feel betrayed by the person we feel had our representative's backs, you didn't even contest their decision apparently, else I think a lot of people wouldn't have been so mad at you. Maybe you felt overwhelmed, maybe you felt powerless, but you have an ENTIRE community of players at your disposal, we would have stood behind you if you decided to stand alone, therefore you wouldn't have been alone.
We feel betrayed, I think, we can't trust the people we thought we could and so we all are suddenly scared of this happening again.

Just my 99 cents on the subject, no need to down vote or anything...

HalcyonWaves

11-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagnatheBloodedg View Post
If CDE had LOST the qualifier initially, as in the best of three final was a 2-0 to Dignitas, as in Dignitas won one game, it is unlikely that CDE would have questioned it... at all. They looked at the site, they knew the rules, they played by them, therefore it is unlikely they would have contacted either Riot or WCG about extra matches. So in this context, WCG is literally one of the worst tournament organizations possible. Not only did they crush a teams chance at going to their little event, but they sent a team that apparently did not even read the rules.
I am dissapoint, and I am sorry MattMarcou, you are not 100% to blame, however the fact you refused to even stand up for both teams really depresses me. Yeah, Riot is a business. Yeah we need a single representative for US. However, NO you should not, in any way, be complacent with WCG's decision to not uphold its end of the bargain by actually monitoring and keeping track of its posted rules, which it then refused to enforce because they didn't want to put their foot down. On top of this, they changed the rules, and you sat there, Riot's representative, and nodded.
In short, we feel betrayed by the person we feel had our representative's backs, you didn't even contest their decision apparently, else I think a lot of people wouldn't have been so mad at you. Maybe you felt overwhelmed, maybe you felt powerless, but you have an ENTIRE community of players at your disposal, we would have stood behind you if you decided to stand alone, therefore you wouldn't have been alone.
We feel betrayed, I think, we can't trust the people we thought we could and so we all are suddenly scared of this happening again.

Just my 99 cents on the subject, no need to down vote or anything...
In a vaccuum, they would not have. Then again, neither would have Dignitus. However, if someone told a member of their team that past WCG tournaments were all double elimination and perhaps there was some mistake in their understanding, I believe that they would have asked an admin for clarification.
I believe that something this trivial as requesting a clarification would be well within expectation considering what's on the line, and how highly motivated they all are. Reginald in particular would have definitely asked for one, had someone mentioned the possibility of a misunderstanding in the rules given his recent fervor. Doublelift and Hotshotgg have both stated they would have done the same thing.

Kabraxis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2011

Doublelift and Hotshot said they would and Dyrus wouldn't have. Some would some wouldn't. Question of morals.

Catch the Teemo

11-02-2011

Questions like these are really irrelevant to the issue. Who knows what could have or would have happened if X Y & Z. The important thing is what happened.

Baconnaise

11-02-2011

We just need more fire.

SinzarForgotten

11-02-2011

Well, it wouldn't have been necessary had Dignitas won the first set in the finals... because they already won the first set of the best of 3 sets during the bracket phase. (Didn't lose a set)

Definitely the best format for the tournament, however WCG ****ed it all up and didn't make those the rules until after the tournament was over.

You can't write something down but mean something completely different... it doesn't work like that (Unless you are a female).

There's no fair choice, but there's a right choice and that is to send CDE because they won fair and square according to the rules that were written.

BlackRob38

11-03-2011

Your basically just asking people if they would contact riot or wcg after losing since your whole point makes no sense.

If indeed they lost the first match they would be eliminated end of discussion. Double elimination and they already had 1 loss get it?

Thargz

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalcyonWaves View Post
In a vaccuum, they would not have. Then again, neither would have Dignitus. However, if someone told a member of their team that past WCG tournaments were all double elimination and perhaps there was some mistake in their understanding, I believe that they would have asked an admin for clarification.
I believe that something this trivial as requesting a clarification would be well within expectation considering what's on the line, and how highly motivated they all are. Reginald in particular would have definitely asked for one, had someone mentioned the possibility of a misunderstanding in the rules given his recent fervor. Doublelift and Hotshotgg have both stated they would have done the same thing.
You are forgetting that the Canadian finalists forfeited the 2nd and 3rd set to Team Canada after this ****storm rose up because they knew they had played a fair game that both sides had entered to under the same understanding of the rules. So no, not everyone would do this. Some people aren't slimy and underhanded, amazing, I know!

HalcyonWaves

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thargz View Post
You are forgetting that the Canadian finalists forfeited the 2nd and 3rd set to Team Canada after this ****storm rose up because they knew they had played a fair game that both sides had entered to under the same understanding of the rules. So no, not everyone would do this. Some people aren't slimy and underhanded, amazing, I know!
Have you seen the Canadian finals? 10-1 in kills. Lost no towers. Surrender at 21 minutes. There was an immense difference in skill level that didn't exist between CDE and Dignatas.

SuperTactic

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalcyonWaves View Post
Have you seen the Canadian finals? 10-1 in kills. Lost no towers. Surrender at 21 minutes. There was an immense difference in skill level that didn't exist between CDE and Dignatas.
Skill level makes NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL, they had respect for the original rules and for the other competitors - Dignitas didn't - they KNOW they lost fair and square, they CONGRATULATED CDE on their play, and they wished them luck in Korea.