why is "atmog's" any good.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2011

Atma's is already an efficient item for those that can use all of its stats.

2400g cost.

+45 armor (worth 15x45 = 675g)
+18 crit (worth 50x18 = 900g)
+40 AD (assuming 2k health... worth 1600g)
----------------------
3175 total value for 2400g cost. This is pretty decent.

BUT if you can squeeze out another 28 AD out of it, that bumps the stats gained by another 40x28 = 1120g, or you are getting 4295g worth of goodies for 2400g. VERY good!

DJ DAVEY SNOW

11-03-2011

Considering Tanky-DPS Atmogs is part of the new metagame and it yeilds 0 MR from the two tems, would it not be a simple counter to simply grab yourself a Madreds and rip them?

thoughts?

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehkx View Post
Considering Tanky-DPS Atmogs is part of the new metagame and it yeilds 0 MR from the two tems, would it not be a simple counter to simply grab yourself a Madreds and rip them?

thoughts?
Tanky dps -> Merc treads -> scaling MR glyphs -> maybe BV or FoN.

Rakaydos

11-03-2011

Force of Nature scales well with Atmogs, because of the %max HP regen. Not only are you taking reduced magic damage, but weak dots like Toxic shot you can actually shrug off and ignore.

One game I was in, I'd excaped a teamfight after soaking enough damage to leave me at a thin sliver of my HP- and teemo comes from the side and gets off a single AA/blind/AA combo on me, as I just keep running.

Besides, even against Atmogs, Madrids are fairly underpowered, except on a few champs.

DA

11-03-2011

Chain helps counter ranged AD carry.

Sh!tloads of HP counters burst.

You have some added dps and you are hard to kill. Its useful

DA

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehkx View Post

thoughts?
If you assume that is the only two items they own... then sure.

But I bet they at least buy boots

serisho

11-04-2011

been owning with nasus, i get mercury treads > trin force > warmogs > atmas and if the game is still going force of nature...and if its STILL going...guardian angel.

i like atmog builds so much :3 very fun and good.

i want udyr next...

this is a good guide for all the great atmog champs http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/the-way-of-the-trinity-force-atmogs-114755

ForeverLaxx

11-04-2011

There's a major point no one else has touched on that allowed Atma's and Warmog's to become so prevalent. That thing is farming. The current meta-game is so focused on pure farming and late-game viability that it was natural to gravitate towards an item path that emphasizes this ideal. Both items are expensive and don't really pay off until you purchase both, and to do that fast enough to impact the game you've gotta farm.

Item synergy aside, I think this is the main reason. Especially when you consider that not too terribly long ago, Warmog's was considered one of the worst items to buy (in spite of the math proving otherwise; I'm merely pointing out public opinion and how it shifts according to what the "pro" players decide to do).