Lulz - Jiji's stream and Defending Jatt on SOTL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LupusAlbus

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevinger View Post
Actually - all in all Jatt made a shady move. What I said was a misspeak, I was more inferring that he defend Dignitas - for while Voyboy made the email to the admin, it was WCG who made the call. I can assure you that with money on the line, CDE would've made the same decision. How can I assure you? Because I work with CLG on a daily basis. CLG is a participant in esports, and just like any real sports team, you do anything to further your team.

Jatt was merely a mistake in words, the whole situation with so many names to keep track of got confusing. By the time I realized my mistake, I yelled F*** in vent and dragged Elementz up. I should've however, kept him in the channel long enough to explain I meant Dignitas NOT Jatt.

Matt Marcou? Is that you?

Thargz

11-03-2011

Quote:
Actually - all in all Jatt made a shady move. What I said was a misspeak, I was more inferring that he defend Dignitas - for while Voyboy made the email to the admin, it was WCG who made the call. I can assure you that with money on the line, CDE would've made the same decision. How can I assure you? Because I work with CLG on a daily basis. CLG is a participant in esports, and just like any real sports team, you do anything to further your team.

Jatt was merely a mistake in words, the whole situation with so many names to keep track of got confusing. By the time I realized my mistake, I yelled F*** in vent and dragged Elementz up. I should've however, kept him in the channel long enough to explain I meant Dignitas NOT Jatt.

Catch the Teemo

11-03-2011

Quote:

Your reasoning is bad. While CDE has a few CLG members, CDE is not CLG. You cannot speak for what they would do in this situation.

FlowyS

11-03-2011

Quote:

Yea, real esport teams like Dignitias

Surrealist

11-03-2011

Quote:

Did you even review what you just typed? What's next, murder the competition so they can get "DQ'ed" ?

For the love of god, no one invite this guy to join their team please.

Akdar

11-03-2011

Yeah I love the "just like any real sports team, you do anything to further your team." HOLY SMOKES!

That's where the claims of cheating come in... they bent the rules until they broke. Unfortunately in this case the idiots in charge of WCG and Riot are agreeing with the situation because they made horrible mistakes and then tried to cover up those mistakes with worse mistakes.... Now at this point they are just putting their head in the sand and not going to respond to any of the outrage and hope it goes away.

It's terrible the way they are handling this. It's highly highly insulting.

McDracos

11-03-2011

Quote:
just like any real sports team, you do anything to further your team.
And I assume that's why the losers in Canada turned down the offer of a rematch? Seriously, why the hell do people keep spouting this bull**** when there are two team that got offered a rematch and only one of them accepted it.

Dalze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDracos View Post
And I assume that's why the losers in Canada turned down the offer of a rematch? Seriously, why the hell do people keep spouting this bull**** when there are two team that got offered a rematch and only one of them accepted it.
Because they will do ANYTHING to defend at team that should not be defended, a team that screwed up badly and went against the rules, the morals and everything else that there is in "e-sports" for money, there's nothing that can be done anymore, but I certainly won't be cheering for Dignitas during the WCG.

Kabraxis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2011

Quote:

Any real sports team you cannot compete for 2 teams at the same event.

Frozt

The Council

11-03-2011

Yeah I heard this part too, gave me a really good laugh.

EDIT:: Thought about this some more real quick. Maybe the story is different from the impression it gave me (and i'm sure some of you). Episode 11 (last week) had Tom and Doublelift who weren't involved, and then everyone else was either on CDE or involved with CDE.

If you guys remember, Voyboy wanted to go on the show last week (Ep11 during Marcou) but Travis did not want the boxing match going on with Marcou to get even worse with Voyboy on. He instead wanted the discussion+guests to be 100% CDE's side or careless. Episode 12 with Jatt (this week) was 100% Dignitas' side or careless. Perhaps he planned to have the two different sides of the story on separate shows to avoid a heated battle royale?

That's what I'm getting from this. "Jake" was probably helping him fill potential spots that would not cause argumentative drama on the show in case someone planned [to be on] had to leave or didn't show up.

At least, I hope that's what it is. I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt judging their character but can't say for certain.