@Brackhar, Heimer: what's the plan?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vash Da Stampedo

11-02-2011

^

Anniie

11-02-2011

Any big burst assassin, any of the many champs who can outrange his turrets, a number of AP champs... just learn one of them.

Come to think of it, who the hell does Heimer dominate other than Singed or some other ridiculous melee champ you would never send bot? Can't be very many.

Brackhar

Features Designer

11-02-2011
2 of 2 Riot Posts

It'd be nice in general if we could make him a little less frustrating. That being said, I think Heimer just needs that in general. It's not really a power question in his case.

MindlessLegend

11-02-2011

Kog maw I find too be far more threat then Himer.

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
It'd be nice in general if we could make him a little less frustrating. That being said, I think Heimer just needs that in general. It's not really a power question in his case.
Can you shift him into being a debuff support mage like Soraka and leaning more towards casters, like Fiddlesticks?

Make Turrets need less hits to fully stack the Armor/Magic-Res reduction.
(50 hits to maximize the debuff is ridiculous. How about 5 reduction per hit, and cap it at 8 stacks?)

Increase the duration on Grenade's blind.

Give Rockets some sort of debuff - I theorycrafted making the skill into 3 parts.
You fire 3 sets of 3 rockets (total 9), sort of like how Broken Wings is not. Except, projectile based, and with a slight (1 second?) delay on when you can cast the consecutive rockets.
Each does 1/3 of what Heimer's rockets currently do and also applies a debuff.
If a target receives 3 stacks, they get debuffed somehow. I'm thinking an allied damage amp: Allies deal 5/7/9/11/13% more damage to the target for 4 seconds.

Make the slow from Upgrade to Turrets last longer.

Make Repair Bots (his passive) also reduce healing and regeneration on enemy champions.

Then you can reduce the damage on turrets, increase their attack range, and even shift what skill-rank he can start bringing out 2 turrets at. (and possibly make them more durable?)

Grenade's cooldown could be buffed so it's more useful.

Splitting up Micro-Rockets would fill in that awkward cooldown time where Heimerdinger often has nothing to do.

Heimerdinger will still farm well, but his zone-control with turrets won't be as frustrating, unless there's an ally with him to capitalize on all those debuffs he's throwing around.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2011

heimer isn't that good on dominion. he's not mobile at all so he's easily countered by... walking somewhere else. if he leaves his node to push kill him.

Volimar

11-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCuri View Post
Make the slow from Upgrade to Turrets last longer.

Make Repair Bots (his passive) also reduce healing and regeneration on enemy champions.
Of your ideas I think these would be the least radical to implement and have some impact.

My idea is to change Heimer's turrets in this way:

1). Right now, if Heimer builds a new turret while already at the maximum number of turrets he can currently build, his oldest turret immediately breaks down and dies. What I would do is change it so that when he builds a new turret, his oldest turret starts losing hp for a number of seconds until it gets to 0 wherein it breaks down and dies. This would help him in a quality of life kind of way.

2). Where this would really shine is, if Heimer dies, instead of his turrets breaking immediately, they'd also start losing hp till they reach 0 and then break.

This would help Heimer on SR in cases where currently dps assassins can just ignore the turrets because htey know that once they burst Heimer, his turrets disappear and are no longer a threat.

For Dominion, and I hesitate to add this because I think that although Heimer is a good defender, he is not unbeatable.

1). Make it so that when Heimer goes offscreen from his turrets, they start losing hp.

2). Counter this by dramatically increasing the hp regen on his passive when his ult is active so he can heal up his turrets if he has to leave to get a health shrine etc.

This would limit some of Heimer's ability to plop down turrets and go off to fight in the jungle, or if the enemy manages to push Heimer away from his turrets, they'd be rewarded by the turrets starting to die.

Volimar

11-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jars View Post
heimer isn't that good on dominion. he's not mobile at all so he's easily countered by... walking somewhere else. if he leaves his node to push kill him.
I agree with this. If Heimer sits at a node, then the map is now 5 v 4. If Heimer goes for opposing bot, he's open to be ganked or you can take his bot. Away from a node, Heimer is just as effective as he is on SR, which is to say, not very.

Zeta

11-02-2011

Shift him away from being a turtler and more into a nuker.

Volimar

11-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
Shift him away from being a turtler and more into a nuker.
He'll never be as good a nuker as other champs. Taking away what makes him unique isn't an improvement, imo.