@Brackhar, Heimer: what's the plan?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sergar

11-02-2011

Lots of ranged champs beat Heimer. Listing a few:

Caitlyn
Xerath
Kog'Maw
Karthus
Cassiopia
Anivia
Tristana
Graves
Maokai
Cho'gath (AP stacking)
Morgana
Orianna (Extremely ehh at Dominion, though)

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2011

There are a lot of champs that won't lose bot to Heimer. A few of them can even win out and out-pressure him.

He's strong, but not anything unmanageable. Unless all the Heimer's I face suck insurmountable amounts of balls. Tbh, I would really rather have him top and make Windmill that much harder to take, as champs like Cho'Gath, Nasus, Xerath, etc. can all out-pressure him.

YoshioPeePee

11-02-2011

the key word is can

most often those champions you listed are just able to hold long enough for your team to take windmill and jax to come down and gank me to death

just realize when you see heimer on the enemy team that he can push like a boss, don't send just anyone down there and take promote, garrison or both

The Wrongsword

11-02-2011

Eh, the speed at which late game comes in dominion is a natural counter to Heim I think. He's a pain in the ass early for sure, but as other champs get stronger Heim gets weaker. Once DPS starts being able to 1 or 2 shot turrets Heim loses a lot of his affect on the game.

He's got a role to play, and he plays it, he's just the opposite to the late game super-carry. I'm not sure how the gold changes to dominion will affect him though when chars cant count on always completing their late game item build, but for now I dont think he's too much.

Volimar

11-02-2011

Burst assassins dash/flash in and kill Heimer quick. Ranged champs harrass his turrets down and then take out Heimer. He's a good defender, but not unbeatable. I'd hate to see Heimer nerfed to ineffectiveness in the one role he finally fits.

Ahlen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgar View Post
Smart play beats heimer, this is even more true if you have the luxury of counterpicking. Is he a strong champ ? Sure, but he is definitely manageable.
'Smart play' doesn't beat Heimer. 'Smart picks' beat Heimer. If you send someone bot that can beat him, either by massive minion clearing like morgana, or by just out sustaining him like Yorick, you can beat him.

Stez007

11-02-2011

Several strong Bot champions annihilate Heimer.

Fiddlesticks, Sivir, Kayle, Cassiopeia to name a few.

I think he's in a good place right now in terms of Dominion strength, though he does need help on SR so some nerfs to his Dominion power may be warranted in the case of overall buffs.

He's a top pick bot lane for sure, but far from problematic.

YoshioPeePee

11-02-2011

oh god i forgot about morgana!

any morgana can hold off against me well and a good one will just kill me and take bottom

i hate seeing her on the other team, hatey hate hate!

Fastpaws

11-02-2011

Some good replies that are making me think the problem isn't so much Heimer; he just highlights it more than most. I know which champs beat Heimer and sure I could pick them with garrison/promote and go bot every game and increase my chance of winning but bot is boring. It doesn't really feel like Dominion, it's more like SR. Top is where the epic battles are.

If there were no Heimer's or other strong pushers then who ever is nearest bot or has just spawned could run to defend it like any other point on the map. People constantly swapping positions to where they are needed like what happens up top. But because one team picks a really strong pusher you need one too to push back and if you don't have one well then you're gonna end up with two people bot for most of the game and a loss.

OG Commissioner

11-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmamasllama View Post
plenty of champs beat heimer bot

maokai and xerath to mention a few

he is ok but he is far from OP
Yorrick can tear him up as well. just spam the hell out of the poor lil guy...

Heimer needs a rework to make him competitive on SR.