@Brackhar, Heimer: what's the plan?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fastpaws

11-02-2011

First of all I find Dominion great fun. I play on EUW, have over 300 Dom. games and have gold from season one so I know how the game works.

I think you've made some really nice tweaks to the issues Dominion had at launch. Akali and Jax are counterable now, comebacks feel earned as opposed to being given to you by the system and with latest patch the easy mode of AP Shaco was brought into line.

So I wanted to know what the plan for Heimer is? With very little skill on the Heimer player's part he can completely dominate bot lane meaning you constantly have to send two to recap it or push it back so you lose top. No other hero (possible exception of Yorrick) has this horrible effect on bot lane.

Note for readers: Please don't tell me to queue draft. The queue for it is way longer and you waste so much timing picking and banning compared to the length of the game.

Brackhar

Features Designer

11-02-2011
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Tough to say. At a high level I think he just needs work as a character. For Dominion specifically we were considering making it so his turrets don't interrupt captures, but given the amount of damage they deal I'm not sure how much of a solution this is.

urmamasllama

11-02-2011

plenty of champs beat heimer bot

maokai and xerath to mention a few

he is ok but he is far from OP

OxBaker

11-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
Tough to say. At a high level I think he just needs work as a character. For Dominion specifically we were considering making it so his turrets don't interrupt captures, but given the amount of damage they deal I'm not sure how much of a solution this is.
Well I hope you're able to figure out something cause despite a few people saying he's fine and easy to deal with, a lot of people who have to play bot tend to play draft pick just so he will usually be banned.

Would you be able to just lower his turret damage a bit on this map specifically?

YoshioPeePee

11-02-2011

malz beats heimer so easily

i hate facing him

oh and not to tick off the op but here is a hint for making bot push heimer even better: start with catalyst if you haven't been doing it already

i'll admit that heimerdinger is very strong on dominion but so are alot of champions. Dinger probably needs a bit of a rework that will tone down his dominion game a bit and help his SR game

jokull

11-02-2011

fastpaws, if you hate fighting heimer, why not play as him bot lane?

Prometheius

11-02-2011

Tons of champions beat heimer bot lane. Learn one of them.

YoshioPeePee

11-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokull View Post
fastpaws, if you hate fighting heimer, why not play as him bot lane?
that's not going to do anything to convince him that heimer doesn't own 1v1 bot and forces a 2nd character to help

i main dominion heimer and it doesn't take much skill to do well with this strategy, you just have to be smart and build a bit of tankiness so noc or whoever else doesn't insta kill you

(be sure to take promote!)

bottom and defending is really the only thing heimerdinger does particularly well however so attempts to tone this down should be done cautiously

Uthgar

Recruiter

11-02-2011

Smart play beats heimer, this is even more true if you have the luxury of counterpicking. Is he a strong champ ? Sure, but he is definitely manageable.

YoshioPeePee

11-02-2011

Jarvan's ult just ruins my day, anyone who can keep me from moving about and keeping distance between myself and enemies will wreck me

really any character with alot of cc is a pain

fiddle can destroy my defense all by himself if he gets his combo off perfectly and i wasn't expecting him. ulti in and fear + drain me right away. I am dead before i can get off my ult + garrison or throw a grenade and his aoe destroys my turrets

as for my pushing, there are alot of characters who can defend against it long enough for the rest of the team to secure control of windmill. Just be smart and take promote please, if I have promote and you don't it's like a free invitation for me to neutralize your point