Shyv a viable jungler?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tactileneck

11-02-2011

She seems like a solid 3v3 hero, and I've seen her jungle in 5v5. Could she be viable in 3v3s to jungle despite her lack of a heal and difficult early farm?

Ghonosyph

11-02-2011

you dont have to straight jungle in 3v3 contrary to popular belief.... and smite REALLY isnt needed, just a luxury imo.

i've played several games as shyv and riven in the jungle after lvl 2-3 in lane. Start out laning and if you can manage a good harass and send them back/get first blood. If not farm up enough gold for a ward and 6 potions, then back... usually you're gonna be low hp and they think they've done good by harassing you and such... this is where the fun starts, lol come back and go jungle bottom jungle camps and then gank over and over top and bot. You'll be surprised more often than not that the enemy keeps pushing that solo lane back to the tower thinking they're good or something lol... they usually die =/

Blehg that being said, yes shyv works rather well in this regard. She moves VERY quickly with her W, and clears camps rather fast. The lack of smite means you've gotta get wriggles early but thats no biggie... as her Q almost ensures at least one wriggles/madreds proc most of the time.

My build for her usually goes hp crystal first, straight into phage, boots 1, wriggles. almost every game i can manage this by lvl 8 with at least 2 exchanges/kills in lane.

The single BIGGEST thing you NEED to have tho, is that phage. She doesn't have any cc except her ult and maybe exhaust if you go that route, but the phage will secure kills almost assuredly. I sometimes rush trinity after wriggles, sometimes i rush starks first, depends on how good their counter harass is, lifesteal/attack speed being needed, or sheen proc/zeal/move speed being more benefitial. Phage first is almost a garaunteed rush tho

Tactileneck

11-02-2011

I'm looking for traditional higher elo pure jungle. The advantage to having a full jungler is being able to outlevel the enemy quickly into the game assuming they're 2v1 bottom lane.

1ring

11-02-2011

Smite... A luxury? I don't think I read that correctly, because certainly a map that is based around dragon would not have smite as a "luxury".

Arkensth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ring View Post
Smite... A luxury? I don't think I read that correctly, because certainly a map that is based around dragon would not have smite as a "luxury".
This. If you jungle and don't take smite in either map, you're doing it wrong.

@OP: I haven't seen enough Shyv to know exactly how she works, but I'm going to go ahead and say it's worth a try.

Captain Kopp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2011

I've done it, it's viable and really fun, the lvl 1-3 is a bit slower and weaker than top tier junglers, but it's definitely doable, it's also possible albeit unlikely to get double madred's procs on Q.

Attack speed reds and blues
armor yellows
armor pen quints
21/0/9

cloth 5 pot, start mid small camp, grab red at lvl 2 then gank, jungle like anyone else. First game i went 11/2, other games i had less than ideal teammates.

Ghonosyph

11-03-2011

shyv kills **** so quickly and with wriggles you DONT need smite... it frees up another slot for an ignite/exhaust that's gonna be much more useful... if you've got dragon control you dont need to smite anyway. Most people will not think you're gonna jungle at all if you dont carry it, and you're gonna gank so much that it wont matter. Try it out and see :P

Tactileneck

11-03-2011

If I'm jungling I'm taking smite. It's used for dragon control. Though shyv may kill dragon quickly, it's ignorant to not take smite anyway. And thanks Cookie, I can imagine like any other jungler if you don't feel red is safe you can take smaller mobs and come back at 2 or 3 for red? How effective is her sustain?

Tactileneck

11-03-2011

Evil do you have another account you play on so I could take a look at your Shyv builds and maybe play a few with ya?

Yefo

11-03-2011

Stop suggesting you don't need smite.

Maybe you don't need smite if you're playing against a noob team that won't ever contest dragon or lizard... But if you're playing against non-scrubs, you ****ING NEED SMITE.