Match Making is Broken

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kaiyouske

07-01-2010

I'm sorry but the current match making system in League of Legends is broken. Not only does it NOT match you up with people of your skill, it also makes the game NOT fun. 75% of the time I'm matched with people that do not know what they are doing and it's obvious that they should be matched with people closer to their skill level. Nothing is more frustrating when you continue to lose and watching the other team win not because of skill, but because you have a team that is not equal to their skill level.

I propose that Riot establish a better match making server that will learn the players' skill levels so that it can better match them in pvp.net game matches so that not only will it be more equal between the teams, but also more fun matches. In summary, pvp.net should pretty much be like what StarCraft 2's new battle.net will be like.

Thanks for listening.

-K

Sourpatch

07-01-2010

You could be the person who is of the "higher" skill then the other 4 in your group with the 3 inbetween and the 1 low....However your need to whine about it on the forum leads me to question your skill.

turtlejay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-01-2010

No F****** way. Alert the media, we have something new in this thread!

DarySyde

07-01-2010

Any of your q times taking over 10 min? I've been in q for 15 min now.

kaiyouske

07-01-2010

I'm simply stating out an obvious problem in the game. If they wish to fix it, then cool. If not, I'll take my business else where especially when StarCraft 2 is so close around the corner.

No need for personal attacks.

-K

kaiyouske

07-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarySyde View Post
Any of your q times taking over 10 min? I've been in q for 15 min now.
Usually if you're queue time is over 5 minutes, I would stop and re-queue. That usually solves the problem for me.

Second to None

07-01-2010

Alright. Since this is for sure old news, and you seem to know a lot, how would you have them match people up? What's a good measure of skill? How can it tell if someone had a bad game? How can it tell if someone was carried? How can it tell if someone streamrolled the other team because they were the bad ones that game? Hrm? You know how to code a machine to think? Just asking man, cause it isn't as easy as you think.

DarySyde

07-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiyouske View Post
Usually if you're queue time is over 5 minutes, I would stop and re-queue. That usually solves the problem for me.
Some players may experience unusually long queue times today in 5v5 Normal Games due to a problem with the matchmaking system. The bug only affects a small portion of our current players, but if you find yourself stuck in queue for 5 or 10 minutes over and over again, you may be affected by the bug. The only immediate resolution to the problem is to play on a different account for now, or wait until we can resolve the issue for everyone (probably during a restart later tonight). GG

CaptainBlacksox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

kaiyouske

07-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second to None View Post
Alright. Since this is for sure old news, and you seem to know a lot, how would you have them match people up? What's a good measure of skill? How can it tell if someone had a bad game? How can it tell if someone was carried? How can it tell if someone streamrolled the other team because they were the bad ones that game? Hrm? You know how to code a machine to think? Just asking man, cause it isn't as easy as you think.
Hey, nothing's easy in life. However, if one tries to overcome the difficulties they can be overcome. A few years ago the thought of LFG cross servers was unfathomable. Look at us today.

As for the new match making system, battle.net already have something like this in place. I'm not really sure the exact details as to how they're doing it, but I'm just saying it can be done.