Dominion Myths

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TouchinMyself

11-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheius View Post
Thornmail is the WORSE defense item you can ever get unless you're Rammus or Shen. Do NOT touch that **** vs AD, unless you're fighting a Yi.
Thornmail is a great item on any champ with the health to back it up against AD heavy teams. Its when squishies get it i shake my head but even then its still better than no armor at all when getting spanked by AD carries.

TouchinMyself

11-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainlizard View Post

Furthermore, want to carry? Nekrogen spelled it out for everyone: go dominate botlane.
Exactly! Its about time people start realizing just how important bot lane is!

See my thread here! http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1378538

I may not have the Elo of you or nekrogen but i figure even at +10 wins im doing something right.

This community needs to get their heads out of their butts and show more respect to good bot laners... Because bot lane can carry the game for the rest of the team. Tired of constantly forcing 2 or 3v1 to be told how worthless i was all game...

brainlizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2011

Thornmail is as much about negating lifesteal as it is survivability. As an AD carry, I often want it so that when I fight the opponent, I can kill him faster because he's not gaining life.

Cenerae

11-02-2011

...Thornmail is the cheapest of the three big armor items available by a big margin. Since you need to budget your buys properly, this makes it really good on Dominion if you need armor fast, whereas you generally wouldn't want it on SR since Randuins and Frozen Heart offer more for that slot.

Ahlen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2011

The only thing that's true is that Dominion balance is bad.

If we had 8 bans it might be ok though.

Squidget

11-02-2011

My personal least favorite myth:

-The best way to win is to run around in the jungle and try to backcap

I can't count how many games I've lost because one guy decided to constantly go for mid and got killed in the jungle by smart teams again and again. You can't backcap if the enemy is controlling the speed shrines, and you'll just end up dying and forcing your team into a 3v4.

Dominion top is largely about 4v4 teamfights, which is why relatively balanced team comps are so effective. There still are a lot of balance problems though.

SoMuchSpaghetti

11-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anniie View Post
Are you on drugs? Just wondering.
Randuins is better. Period.

Kalarepa

11-02-2011

Totally agree. There are so many bad players, who give me stupid advices based on knowledge from the forum.
Or that Akali ban, which I totally don't understand. Someone said Akali is OP in dominion and since then everyone ban her. Imo, she isn't even in top 10 dominion champs.

aim1essgun

11-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangheili View Post
Randuins is better. Period.
It'd better be, for 1000 more gold.

maxusmaximus

11-02-2011

Another myth... "omg why did you pick sona she's terrible"

123456 ... 7