Lag with Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Juicy Jensen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2011

So i usually play 3v or 5v, but i tried out dominion a few weeks ago, and still play an occasional game. But every time i play, i have tremendous lag. Is it just dominion or what? do you guys also get lag?

Sawcats

11-10-2011

yes

FetisPuncher

11-10-2011

yea.. i don't know what it is, but just about every Dom game i play i get crazy lag.. which pisses me off!

DurTurtle

11-15-2011

I have the same problem. And only in Dominion, never Summoner's Rift or Twisted Treeline. Mine is like a stop-motion lag around the 10-15 minute mark in-game and lasts for 1-3 minutes. Everything still shows up, but goes all pixel-y and jerky, and it's all like 3 seconds behind. I can still move some, but it chooses weird auto paths and by the time I get where I wanted to go, either my attacks won't go off or it's just too late and I have to run away again (if I'm too late I never know it in time and generally end up dying, so I usually just choose not to move in the first place). I keep getting frustrated because my chat still works (minus all-chat), it just has the same 3 second lag, so I can tell my teammates that I'm lagging, but they don't believe me. They just start raging about how "if you can type then you're obviously not lagging." It usually ends in bunches of insults, and them telling the other team to report me for trolling or AFK or something.

I tried everything I could think of to get rid of it. I lowered in-game graphics, disabled/enabled sound, checked my computer for bugs, etc... Nothing worked, so I finally submitted my logs a few patches back with a description of my lagging, and at the next patch it was somehow fixed. But now with the Fizz patch the lag came back, and I don't know what to do again.

Zavy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2011

Never had an issue (that I couldn't identify as an Internet connection problem). =\ My only suggestions would be to run Task Manager and look at your Performance tab to see if you're running really high on memory usage or page file usage. Aside from that, update your video drivers possibly.

DurTurtle

11-15-2011

My confusion was because everything else in League of Legends worked perfectly except for the consistent lag around the same time in every Dominion game I played. I had played on other computers in the past that had lagged due to computer or internet issues, and it didn't seem the same. I did, as you suggested, check my task manager and performance tab, and I even monitored my FPS while in games for a few days in a row, and there was nothing that I could find that explained the lag. Admittedly I am not the most technologically gifted, but I assumed if it was a computer or internet problem that it would appear in more than just one specific map, at a consistent time, every game. I even asked several of my more computer-savvy friends to look at it for me and they could find nothing wrong. Including video drivers, which they specifically thought might be the problem. That was why I was at such a loss for what to do, and eventually submitted my logs for review. I'm not sure exactly what was changed in the next patch after submitting my logs, but the lag went away for quite a while, and as I said, it just reappeared this morning when I updated for the Fizz patch.