Yorick build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2011

what should i build on him if im playing as an offtank?

ive been going

mercs
manamune
trinity
tank items
atmas

can anyone please help me or tell me whether this build is any good?

thanks guys

SoulSomnambulist

11-02-2011

Well, Ive been playing yorick since he came out, and theres One thing i can tell you. DONT have manamune. Manamune allows you to spam moves, sure, but it is not really worth it late game. Late game, if you build right, you will have hp that is pretty high and ghouls either die in 1 sec cuz enemy is fed or they wont die so easily which is nice. In a team fight, you will never use all that mana, so congrats on building it all when you could have been focusing on making your ghouls have like 2k hp.

Personally, the build I go is:

Beserker Boots
Warmogs
Atmas
Then items that depend on situation. If i need MR, rush a banshee, ARMOR, rush a thornmail. THEN build trinity and complete your other tank item. and banshee could be FoN...depending on your playstyle/situation.
Trinity, why build trinity so late? cuz Yorick has to be tanky, end of story. His goal is to rush in there, tank like 3 champs cuz hes absorbing 20 pct less cuz of passive and then just rip kids up. However, i will say that if you are trolling hard after you build those first 3 core items....Grab trinity. Itll end the game much faster. If you are losing, follow the tank build.

GG Beers

11-02-2011

I've been playing a bunch of yorick recently, I love him, but yeah, his build is a tough one to figure out. I really don't like manamune, but if you're solo top or mid you blow through a ton of mana healing and harassing. I'm thinking about going early catalyst to help me last and turn it into BV later on. Atmogs is the way to go tho for sure.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2011

Not sure why the manamune hate. It is pretty cost-effective.

For 2300 gold, it provides about 40 AD when you first get it, winding up at about 50 to 60 lategame. It also solves your mana issues.

I suppose you could try other mana fixers though. Chalice would be worth a try since it boosts MR and very cheaply fixes mana issues. Philo Stone gives health regen too, GP/5, and gives a bit of extra mana. Wont "fix" the issue, but helps.

Gunflame

11-02-2011

mercs or swiftness
manamune

Damage items: Atma, Trinity Force, Last Whisper, Blackcleaver
Tanky Items: Banshee's, Warmoggs, Sunfire, Frozen Mallet, Force of Nature, Randuims, Thornmail

My usual builds

Manamune + Trinity Force+ Atma+ Warmoggs+Banshee+ Mercury or Swiftness
or
Manamune + Warmoggs+ Atma+Frozen Mallet + HEAVY TANKING ITEM+ Mercury/swiftness

ForeverLaxx

11-02-2011

Build Manamune. Do not take SoulSomnambulist's advice in skipping it. Yorick relies on spamming his ghouls constantly to gain both a damage and resistance buff, and he needs the mana-fixing of Manamune to allow for it. Gaining damage for fixing your mana consumption is just good building. Yorick is a sustained threat, and if you can't sustain your ghoul spam than you're not doing your job.

After Manamune and Merc Treads, I usually build a Frozen Mallet and then an Atma's. Yorick was rocking the "Atmallet/Atmogs" combination before it was all the rage, and for good reason. I prefer Mallet to Warmog's in Yorick's case for the additional melee slow for when your slow ghoul is down and the slight bonus in damage it provides with Atma's. Warmog's is cheaper though and just as good, trading in the utility for more survivability/sustain, so it's preference here really. After that your damage is pretty much set. I'd pick up a Banshee's Veil here since you're bound to need the MR and the bonus HP and Mana of the item will feed both Manamune and Atma's.

XTreeX

11-03-2011

okie dokie guys thanks will the FM give alot of tankyness? or will it not matter because of warmogs?

austinpwnz

11-03-2011

Similar to some of those above, I like:
Manamune
Merc treads or CDR boots if you can get away with it
Warmogs
Atmas
Triforce
Tank item

Warrrrax

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTreeX View Post
okie dokie guys thanks will the FM give alot of tankyness? or will it not matter because of warmogs?
Well, the idea is to get a bit of extra armor from Atmas to put you at 120ish endgame. With a negatron and merc (eventually banshees), you wind up at 100+ magic resist.

This is pretty solid and provides enough resists such that boosting health is the most cost effective way to increase your effective health.
As stated, Warmog = 1380 health max and health regen.
mallet = 700 health, but 20 AD, and more importantly a melee snare which is really nice for a tanky DPS or offtank.

XTreeX

11-05-2011

alright thanks guys.
ill be going boots, manamune, warmogs/other tanky items , atmas , more tanky items, trinity.
i might grab trinity earlier if im doing well.