How do you like the concept for Horizon?

I love it, there is only a little I would change! 29 42.65%
I like it, but it may need some touching up. 26 38.24%
I don't like it, it needs a lot of work. 8 11.76%
I hate it, it shouldn't even exist! 5 7.35%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Horizon, the Gravitic Anomaly

12345612 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ayketh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2011

I'll look into that. I'd like some outside opinions on it. Thanks for all the help, by the way!

Also, physical appearance section has been added. Take a look, tell me what ya'll think, and if it clearly makes an image in your heads on what Horizon looks like!

CanaryfOu

11-02-2011

Sounds awesome! *thumbs up*

Ayketh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2011

Thank you!

Basic strategy added, as well as a few recommended items along with their usefulness on Horizon. Check 'em out! Don't be afraid to speculate strategies that you see, as the list isn't set in stone. I have been thinking of expanded the item list to include other useful ones. Any ideas out there?

Shade7777

11-03-2011

This champions has too much greifing potential. Theres a reason no champions can inflict negative affects on allies and positive effects on enemies. If a champion has any spell which deals 1 damage to allies or heal 1 health for enemies, then it will not be useable in the game under any circumstances.

Ayketh

11-03-2011

Considering this champ will never be seen in real play, the action of griefing does not exist in the equation. You do, however, have a point. Densify could be used to indirectly buff or debuff allies, which is what I assume is the ability you're talking about. None of the other abilities benefit the enemy or hurt your allies.

Horizon's passive is the only exception, increasing opponent movement speed when running towards him. This, however, is an ability that is meant to more easily cause an enemy to overextend and become punished by allies. It forces an enemy to commit.

My solution is to rework Densify to work differently on allies and enemies, giving only Armor/MR buffs to allies, and movement speed debuffs to enemies. Another rendition of this is to only be able to select allied champions, and the debuff randomly extends out to another enemy within a specific range as a debuff with champion priority. I am more fond of the second option, as it is more original and still provides a good buff to a skill that normally wouldn't scale well into late game.

Thoughts?

Ayketh

11-03-2011

Would really love some more input about my champ and things discussed in the thread!

KobaltKode

11-03-2011

Nice work! It's very rare that I see a champion on here that I would like to see made a reality! Seems pretty original, kit seems good.

I'm not a big fan of numbers in these, but you have them all spelled out. I won't bother with the math of it, but I would suggest listing a range on his passive...Is it global or screen-wide?

I don't see too much of a problem on density, I like the double edged sword aspect of it, but I would definitely at the least favor it for allies. I would boost the armor/magic resist given to allies and reduce the amount given to enemies. At the same time, buffing your enemies could allow you a higher degree of slow against them, maybe 50% or 60%. It would be lighter punishment than running through Singed's adhesive. The way slows work, non-stacking with the strongest applying, your passive wouldn't be an issue on top of it. Matter of fact, it would get a slightly reduced effect when chasing you...So beefing it up may be a good way to aid in your escape. As for allies, I would have the slow offset the advantage your passive gives them...This way running towards your support would be ideal and the downside would come when they pass you in which case Void Wake aids their escape.

The only other thought I had was to further synergize the kit and reward the building oh HP in his ratios, IE: skill does blah AP and 5% his maximum health as magic damage. So long as you keep the rewards light and factor in your ratios, it would give people more incentive to play him like you intended!

Once again Kudos! I really enjoyed your design! Outside of a little jazzing up here and there with the skill name theme...This is the kind of work I hope to see a lot more of on these forums!

Ayketh

11-03-2011

Thank you, you bring up some good points!

What don't you like about the numbers? Is it just all numbers in general or these in specific? Global range..lol. I'd say about 1500 is good. Maybe a little less.

That's an interesting prospect. I'll play around with it a bit, but I'm thinking that using it on allies would remove the positive effect gained from his passive, and using it on enemies should increase their defences by only a small amount. Got a good idea there.

That also seems like an interesting effect, maybe as an added effect to the passive. Like % HP translated into AP.

I shall be implementing some tweaks shortly, keep the input coming!

Bliztron

11-03-2011

The base concept looks fun, but i see some minor mistakes.

Densify- The slow is too large to be of any use. reduce the slow and maybe scale the duration instead of speed reduction

Gravity Field- The starting game use is very drastic, leaving enermies vulnerable with a stun and dealing great damage. If the enemy and you charge, you could most likely take out an enemy or two if you have a shaco or something. Plz reduce damage.

Void Wake- This is pretty fine. All i see wrong is, once again, the damage. Creating a wall with a gap closer with that amount of damage can kill very wide varieties of champs. Reduce it

Singularity Shot- I get what you want, but look at it this way:
*Singularity Shot*
*Pushes enemy into your spawning pool*
*watches as he gets legendary*
Srry, i dont know why i did that... I'm bored. Ya, it is good, but i think you should include a way the enemy can alter the beams course.

Passive- I don't comprihend

Ayketh

11-03-2011

Added major changes to Horizon's passive and Densify ability! I believe that these changes still keep him balanced, while promoting a tank/support role.

@Bliztron: Looks like you came in at the wrong time, haha! Put a few major changes in. I will respond accordingly.

Densify has been changed to reduce debuffs given to allies and buffs given to enemies, and boost buffs given to allies and debuffs given to enemies. This lets the skill be balanced yet still powerful, and allows many strategic uses.

Gravity field does not deal too much damage. A similar ability, Rupture, knocks up for longer than Gravity Field's stun and leaves the enemies slowed after the effect while dealing more damage. Gravity field is meant to disrupt an enemies activity, not shut them down, as well as provide a significant debuff that provides a defencive purpose. Gravity field's damage does not scale as well as other champions into late game , but will still keep its defencive and disruptive properties to benefit the team.

Void Wake should be saved to alter the field, move away from an enemy when being chased, or for quickly finishing off wounded champions. The damage here is physical, and does not deal much more damage compared to Gravity Field. Armor is more common than Magic Resist, which offsets the damage of this ability. So it all evens out, making the damage not a problem, and in fact low in the late game.

Singularity Shot takes skill to use, and is very unlikely for pushing a champion into the spawning pool. But that would be hilarious. Blitz's grab has the same potential to score free kills from turrets and allies as Singularity Shot with a shorter cooldown. Singularity Shot's purpose is to remove an enemy from the fight or disable them long enough for a turret or ally to secure the kill.

Most people have been able to understand the passive' I'll consider rewording it if more people complain.

12345612 ... 14