How do you like the concept for Horizon?

I love it, there is only a little I would change! 29 42.65%
I like it, but it may need some touching up. 26 38.24%
I don't like it, it needs a lot of work. 8 11.76%
I hate it, it shouldn't even exist! 5 7.35%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Horizon, the Gravitic Anomaly

1234511 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ayketh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2011

SUPER UPDATE 7/11/2014: After a couple years of absence, I have returned provide a massive update to a champion creation that I have already put so much time and effort into. This includes necessary updates to runes, mastery, and item builds as well as major changes to some abilities (Full list of changes documented on next post)! Through my experience over the years with league I believe I can turn this idea into one that sounds fun, unique, and balanced.

---------------------------------------------------------

This is a very thorough champion; if you want to quickly read his concept without numbers and such getting in the way, please skip to the bolded "Too long; didn't read!" section placed at the bottom of the post. If you like what you see, don't be afraid to read over the rest of the champion and tell me what you think!

Also, if you see any errors or information left out don't hesitate to point it out, as this is my first created champion. Feel free to suggest useful items or strategies, they are greatly appreciated. Comments, compliments, and criticisms welcome!

Horizon, the Gravitic Anomaly

Lore: The city of Zaun has always been known for its lenient rules on magic use and experiments in its borders. Kiefe, a powerful and innovative mage for his time, found this the perfect environment for his controversial experiments. The concept of gravity greatly intrigued Kiefe, and has often taken interest in the magical manipulation of it. During one of his experiments on live subjects, Kiefe lost control of his magic, causing a destructive blast to shudder throughout his study. Glass broke, most of the furniture shattered, and Kiefe was thrown back against the wall.

As the smoke cleared, a strange quadruped shape stood where the blast had originated. The specific animal that Kiefe had been experimenting on before the incident was a mere frog, but the figure of the odd creature seemed to be something stranger entirely. Its eyes darting around the room, the creature soon set its gaze on Kiefe. He saw what must have been a malicious looking smile before hearing a croak of a laugh. That laugh was the last thing that he had ever heard, and if there is any life after death, must still haunt him to this day. The creature opened its mouth wide, a seemingly infinite abyss when looking inside of it, and ripped Kiefe off of the wall by force alone and into his gaping maw. And thus Horizon came into existence.

No one knows what concoction of magic or science that led to the mutation of such an abomination, but that never bothered Horizon. In reality, he was formed due to a magical rift coinciding with Kiefe's outlandish magic, one full of ravenous creatures known as the void. One such reptilian creature tried to force its way through the rift but instead reacted with the experiment and fused horribly with Kiefe's test subject. Retaining his sentience and frightening intelligence, Horizon forgot much of his ties to the void but is still influenced by the hunger deep within his nature. He never speaks much, but is renowned for his silver tongue, ironic due to his apparent lack of one. Horizon coined his own name after approaching the League, but it is unknown why he joined. Some say it's because such a monstrosity couldn't belong anywhere else, but the most likely theory is that Horizon needed a place where he could feed is impossible hunger.

"I do not look forward to the day that Horizon gets exceptionally hungry." Heimerdinger, upon inspection of Horizon's arrival to the League.

Physical Appearance: Horizon has sleek black skin, with the head and body similar to that of a tree frog. His eyes are shifty and spiteful, more intelligent looking than that of a mindless animal. His spine is visible, placed outside of his skin, with his ribcage reaching down to touch his purple undersides at the longest points. The spine extends down into a long tail made completely of bone, an oddity even on a creature such as Horizon. His posture is more reptilian than that of a frog, legs outstretched like that of a lizard. Both rear and front legs are the same length. The legs below the knee are thick compared to the top half, ending in thick claws. Horizon's throat is able to expand like that of a frog, and is often used for his croaking speech or charging up powerful shots of singularities. The inside of his mouth is pitch black, seeming to absorb the light near it when open, and has no visible tongue to speak of.

Quote:
Official Art: Full credit to Vaylore, who did an amazing job on this piece. Check out her thread, she has many good works!
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...zonVaylore.jpg

Fan Art: Apparently, Horizon has become popular enough to denote people wanting to just randomly draw him too. Awesome!

An awesome bi-pedal rendition of Horizon made by Takatura, who also has his own art thread!
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...onTakatura.jpg

A humorous interpretation in a modern minimalistic digital art medium by CanibalAnimal.
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...ibalAnimal.jpg
Quote:
Role: Tanky support

Stats:

Damage 51 (+3.1/level. 106.8 at 18)
Attack Speed 6.25 (+2.3 %/level. 260.9% at 18)
Health 350 (+100/level. 2150 at 18)
Mana 230 (+40/level. 950 at 18)
Move Speed 325
Armor 22 (+3.5/level. 80 at 18)
Magic Resist 30 (+1.25/level. 52.5 at 18)
Health Regen 7.0 (+0.9/level. 23.2 at 18)
Mana Regen 7.0 (+0.7/level. 19.6 at 18)
Attack Range 125
Abilities:

Quote:
(Passive) Gravity Well: Using his black-hole like mouth, Horizon is able to consume a portion of damage that a projectile would deal and store its power for his own abilities. Horizon takes 20% less damage from projectiles as long as he is hit from the front, and reduces projectile damage by 10% when shot through his front. When a projectile would have its damage reduced in this way, Horizon gains a stack of Stored Mass (Up to a maximum of 5 stacks). Stacks are lost upon death. Projectiles from non-champions do not give Horizon stacks of Stored Mass.
Quote:
Q-Densify: Target champion's density is increased, giving heightened resistance to damage or impairing their abilities for a duration. This ability works differently on allies than on enemies. When used on allies, it increases Armor and magic resistance. The bonus decays linearly over the duration (For example, level 1 after .5 seconds would have 20 armor/mr). When used on enemies, it deals magic damage and forces them to have a casting time on all their abilities, item actives, and summoner spells equal to .5 seconds for a reduced duration
Cost: 60/65/70/75/80
Cooldown: 10/9/8/7/6 seconds
Range: 600
Bonus MR/Armor: 40/70/100/130/160 (For allies)
Ability duration (Ally): 2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3 seconds
Ability duration (Opponent): 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds
Damage: 80/120/160/200/240 + (60% AP) magic damage
Quote:
W-Gravity Field: The target location's gravity is multiplied drastically, crushing and briefly stunning enemies caught in the area. The effects of the alteration linger, reducing attack speed of recovered champions for a time. This skill hits the center of the area at a point, then expands to the maximum diameter of the area over a period of one second. A dark, pulsating line will circumvent the area's edge to mark the maximum area of the skill.
Cost: 50/65/80/95/110
Cooldown: 14/12.5/11/9.5/8
Expansion time: 1 second
Range: 600/300 diameter
Stun time: .5 seconds
Attack Speed debuff: 15%/20%/25%/30%/35%
Attack Speed debuff duration: 1/1.5/2/2.5/3
Damage: 80/125/170/215/260 (+75% AP) Magic damage
Quote:
E-Gravitic Force: Horizon increases his mass drastically by channeling for 1 second as his throat swells. While channeling, movement speed is slowed by 50%. When Horizon casts either Densify or Gravity Field within the next three seconds, it will create a point in space that units are attracted towards which lasts for three seconds. Allied units moving towards the point have their movement speed increased, while opposing units moving away from the point have their movement speed decreased in addition to taking %current health damage each second while in the area. If used with Densify, the point is centered on the target (who is included in the effect). If used with Gravity Field, the point is centered on the ground where the ability was cast. If Horizon has 5 Stored Mass stacks, they will be consumed and Gravitic Force can be cast without having a channel time, as well as doubling the base values for the movement speed buff/slow; the %current health damage is also changed to %max health.
Cost: 40/50/60/70/80
Cooldown: 18/16/14/12/10
Radius: 300
Movement speed buff/slow: 3/4/5/6/7% + (.01% bonus health)
Damage: 5% + (.01% AP) current health/second magic damage.
Quote:
R-Singularity Shot: Horizon fires a singularity that explodes on impact with terrain or reaching maximum range, dealing magic damage to surrounding enemies. Additionally, the singularity will carry with it the first enemy champion it passes over: suppressing them for the duration and stunning them for 1.5 seconds if they are pushed into terrain.
Cost: 100
Cooldown: 120/100/80
Range: 1500
Explosion radius: 300
Enemy travel cap: 1.5 second (900 units)
Missile speed: 600
Damage: 150/250/350 (+80% AP) Magic damage
Strategy: Horizon's main focus in a fight is using his passive to place himself in front of teammates and reduce damage from projectiles with proper positioning, disrupting enemies with CC and repositioning problem champions with his ult.

Quote:
Recommended items:

Relic Shield: A great starting item for a tanky support character like Horizon, the bonus health is also useful for increasing the effectiveness of Gravitic Force.

Mercury Treads: These are the perfect boots for Horizon, as they let him absorb CC better for his team as well as add more MR to make him tankier.

Chalice of Harmony: Due to the high cost of Horizon's abilities, an early chalice lets him become more impactful throughout the game, building into an item that gives useful AP and CDR stats.

Frozen Heart: Due to his constantly being on the front lines, Horizon can really appreciate the constant debuff and good defense that this item provides. When combined with Athene's he reaches maximum CDR, which is also very useful.

Sunfire Cape: This items gives a decent amount of armor and health, as well as that sweet PBAoEDoT (I love acronyms). This item just screams out for champions that want to be right up in the action, which fits Horizon's style.

Warmog's Armor: Probably one of the best items for Horizon when taking into consideration pure meatiness. That health bonus is great on any tank, and drastically increases the effectiveness of Horizon's Gravitic Field.
Uses for moves
-Horizon's Q, Densify, is a multi-use skill that is both used to stop an opponent in their tracks and for turning any allied champion into a tank. Densify gains effectiveness rapidly with levels, and so it is a great tool to level quickly when laning with a champion that is either under heavy harassment from the enemy or is naturally squishy. Timing is important as the buff decays fairly rapidly, rewarding Horizon when used with good timing. Forcing an enemy to spend more time using abilities can shut down an escaping champion, especially ones that rely on Flash, letting an allied champion or turret snag the kill more easily. This also lets Horizon more easily place his other skills, further debilitating an enemy's effectiveness on the field.

-Gravity Field is Horizon's W, and is his main harassing skill. The wide area can easily debuff groups of enemies, as well as provide a solid amount of base damage. The cooldown is a crippling feature, so the skill needs to be quickly leveled if planned to be used constantly. Gravity field is as much a defensive tool as an offensive one, and is great at dealing with enemies that bolster a powerful auto-attack. The stun time is not much, but is reliable at momentarily pausing an enemy champion, which can mean the difference between securing a kill or saving an ally. The wide area is also great for teamfights, easily debuffing a majority of enemies in one hit.

-Gravitic Field, Horizon's E, is used in conjunction with his other two basic abilities to create quick and powerful CC. When used with Densify, either on a friend or foe the movement gap becomes much easier to close making enemy escapes difficult. On Gravity Field, the effect can also be used defensively, landing the brief stun before slowing enemies who are trying to escape the point. This also makes landing Gravity Field much easier. To make the most out of this ability, it is important for Horizon to have full stacks on his passive to avoid having to channel and increase its effectiveness.

-Horizon's ultimate is Singularity Shot. This skill is used to shut down a single enemy, either stunning them for a long duration or completely removing them from the area if placed correctly. The stun can let yourself and an ally punish a flanked enemy when pushed into a wall early on, or even get pushed into turret fire if lucky. This skill can also be used defensively to take out a single pursuing enemy; which can possibly lead to a counterattack if the odds are in your favor. Late game, during teamfights, this can also be used to turn the tides around by taking an enemy away from the battle (hopefully for a long duration, as the effectiveness of the skill depends entirely on positioning). This ult takes a bit of skill to use the way you might intend, and Horizon's other abilities can be used to place himself at the right angle to land a strategic shot.

Rune/Masteries
Quote:
Being a heavy tank, Horizon relies on not taking damage, but by also having the mana to be sure and provide efficient debuffs against the enemy. With this in mind, a 0/27/3 build seems the best. All damage reducing masteries, along with ones that grant health, are used greatly on Horizon. The three points are for Meditation, but it is important to note that investing more into the support tree is not bad, picking up masteries such as Summoner's Insight and Greed. In the defensive tree, make sure to get Juggernaut, armor and magic resist, and a bit of health regen to help with laning especially.

If investing heavily into the support tree, I would recommend 0/13/17, going just far enough to pick up the Bandit mastery in addition to gold generation, sustain, and Summoner's Insight. 13 points in the defense tree allows you to get Juggernaut and boost your armor, magic resist, and health regen.
Quote:
Gold per 10 Quints, Flat HP Marks, Flat Armor Seals, and Magic Resistance per level Glyphs give Horizon added defenses that helps him early game, especially when taking hits from the enemy ADC. Although the gold Quints are useful for someone in the support position, they can be replaced by other good choices such as movement speed.
Quotes/Animation: Horizon speaks with a deep, dull croak in his voice. Besides this, his speech is almost eloquent in nature, although a bit slower than most.

Quote:
Upon selection:
"There will be nothing left."

Attacking:
"You will be crushed."
"A mere morsel."
"Come closer."
"Do not try and run."
"Your body fails you."
"I consume!"
"Power felt, not seen."
"You will help me grow."
"Insignificant."

Movement:
"Amusing."
"With haste."
"My hunger grows."
"I am beyond bounds."
"They cannot resist."
"Do not underestimate me."
"Their bodies re-purposed."
Horizon lets out a deep laughter.
Horizon croaks.

Taunt:
"I will pluck you right off the ground."
"Your mass won't even satiate me."

Joke:
"You know, I think I could really go for a cheeseburger."
"I would love to have you for dinner sometime."

Taunting Cho'Gath:
"My mass far exceeds yours!"
"Size can be misleading!"

Taunting Kassadin:
"You look familiar...no matter!"

Taunting Kog'Maw:
"You eat like a child!"

Taunting Xerath:
"The weakest force is enough to eclipse your power."

Taunting a yordle:
"Not even enough for a snack!"

Using Densify on enemy
"Your weight betrays you."
"Go no further."
"Dead weight!"

Using Gravity Field
"Fall!"
"Crawl if you can."
"Going somewhere?"

Using Singularity Shot
"No escape!"
"Farewell."
"To oblivion."

Purchasing Relic Shield:
"With this, I grow."

Purchasing Mercury Treads:
"They cannot stop me."

Purchasing Chalice of Harmony:
"To quench my thirst."

Purchasing Frozen Heart:
"My presence ever influencing."

Purchasing Sunfire Cape:
"Like me, fire consumes."

Purchasing Warmog's Armor:
"They will fear such mass!"
Quote:
Standing:
Horizon stands still save for the slow swaying of his body and tail. Periodically, he will stop moving and puff up his chin for a second.

Movement:
Horizon moves much like that of a lizard, his legs low to the ground and his tail moving side to side as a counterbalance. He has his mouth slightly open, in what can only be described as a smile.

Attacking:
Keeping his legs still, Horizon lunges forward slightly to bite, his head moving slightly to the side each time. On a critical hit, the bite will exude a purplish aura that fades quickly.

Dance:
Horizon opens his mouth wide and bobs his body up and down slightly to a rhythm, also swaying his body every other bob (most notably his tail).

Taunt:
Taking a few steps back, Horizon then quickly scuttles to his original position and opens his mouth wide while craning the front part of his body upward. A dark, purplish aura exudes from his mouth and slightly around his body.

Joke:
Horizon stands still and simply smiles, opening and closing his mouth to mimic what would be smacking his lips.

Death:
After starting what would be a croak, the note is then sustained while Horizon's body quivers, eventually and suddenly collapsing in on himself to leave a faint purple cloud that slowly fades.
Too long; didn't read!:

Concept: Horizon is a tanky support, who is rewarded with good positioning and strategic use of his various CC effects. He does his best in the midst of battle to dish out his powerful debuffs across an entire team.

Passive-Gravity Well: When facing projectiles, they deal 20% less damage to him and 10% damage when passing through him. If damage is prevented, he gains a stack of Stored Mass (up to 5), his throat swelling like a frog when reaching maximum stacks.

Q-Densify: Target champion's density is increased, giving heightened resistance to damage or reducing their ability to move for a duration. This works differently on allies than on enemies. Allies effected by this ability have their Armor/MR increased drastically that decays over the duration. Enemies effected by this ability take damage and have a .5 second casting time on all abilities, item actives, and summoner spells for a reduced duration.

W-Gravity Field: The target location's gravity is multiplied drastically, crushing and briefly stunning enemies caught in the area. The effects of the alteration linger, reducing attack speed of recovered champions for a time. This skill hits the center of the area at a point, then expands to the maximum diameter of the area over a period of one second. A dark, pulsating line will circumvent the area's edge to mark the maximum area of the skill.

E-Gravitic Force: Channels for 1 second as he expands his throat, adding an extra effect to either Densify or Gravity Well when cast within the next 3 seconds. The effect reduces movement speed of enemy units away from a point and increases movement speed of allied units towards a point while dealing %current health damage. Densify centers the effect on the target champion, while Gravity Well centers the effect on the ground. If Horizon has 5 stacks of Stored Mass, they are consumed, removing the channel time and increasing the base values on the movement buff/slow as well as making the damage %max HP

R-Singularity Shot: Horizon fires a singularity of immense gravity that drags the first enemy champion it hits with it along its shot path. The attack and any champion caught with it will continue to move forward until it hits an unmovable object (Such as a wall or a turret) or reaches 900 units traveled, dealing damage. The enemy cannot move or activate any abilities while they are under the effect of Singularity Shot. The champion hit by this ability is only stunned if they hit an unmovable object.

Ayketh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2011

November 2, 2011
-Changed passive ratio from 1%/25 bonus HP to 1%/75 bonus HP. This lets the passive still have a considerable effect on the battle field without being completely overpowering.

-Changed range on R from unlimited to 2500, and removed AD scaling. This lets the attack still have a significant impact when positioned correctly, but won't cause cross-map pulls. Increased base damage from 100/225/350 to 100/250/400.

-Added lore! Critique on this is welcome as well

-Gravity Field bonus damage reduced from (+0.8 per AP) to (+0.2 per AP) Attack speed debuff increased from a flat 20% to 15%/20%/25%/30%/35%. This will let Horizon to rely on debuffs rather than hard damage, and will provide a good defence for the team from any attack oriented enemies at higher levels.

-Void Wake now scales with AP instead of AD, and is reduced from (+0.5 per AP) to (+0.3 per AP). Cooldown reduced from 19/17.5/15/13.5/12 to 18/16.5/14/12.5/11; a 1 second reduction for all levels. This serves the same purpose as the change to Gravity Field, interchanging damage for functionality.

November 3, 2011
-Added a basic strategy section with recommended items; will most likely be expanded soon.

-Added extra effect to passive, giving AP as a percentage of bonus HP as well as its original effect. Changed name of passive to Gravitic Pull to Gravitic Force to better fit this new effect. Added range value.

-Densify changed from having a flat armor/MR buff and movement speed debuff to having varied effects depending on the target. Allied champions now have half of the debuff that cannot reduce movement speed below Horizon's passive percentage, and twice the armor/magic resist buff. Enemies now receive half the magic/armor resist buff and twice the movement speed debuff. Armor/magic resist values decreased from 20/30/40/50/60 to 10/20/30/40/50. Movement speed debuff values changed from 20/22.5/25/27.5/30% to 10/15/20/25/30%. This is a substantial buff to the ability, but compares well to other buffs and debuffs as it balances out with fairly minor beneficial/negative effects.

November 4, 2011
-Reworded passive slightly for better clarity.

November 8, 2011
-Edited passive to remove a buff to the enemy that sped them up when moving towards Horizon, and changed the ratio of the passive from 1%/75 bonus HP to 1%/100 bonus HP to help balance it out. Also removed the AP scaling from the passive, as it is unneeded.

-Replaced Rod of Ages with Banshee's Veil in the recommended items list. I feel that Banshee's Veil achieves the same goal as Rod of Ages, and replaces the ill-scaling AP with magic resistance and a wonderful passive.

-Changed the W, Gravity Field, to have a more unique area of effect. Instead of hitting the entire area of effect after a short delay, the skill now hits the center of the area instantly and expands outwards over a period of one second. This sets it apart from other skills with a circular AoE.

-Added to the Strategy section to include uses for Horizon's skills; check 'em out!

-Also added a rune/mastery section. Input and other strategies also appreciated.

November 10, 2011
-Passive changed from increasing a flat 1% per 100 bonus HP, to increasing 2% that reduces by .1% for every accumulative 100 bonus HP, ending at 21% with 2000 bonus HP. This gives the passive a bigger impact on earlier game play while adding a concrete limit to how powerful it can become.

-Densify changed from giving Armor/Magic Resistance and a speed debuff to both allies and enemies, to only buffing allies and debuffing enemies. Lowered values from a max of 100 Armor/MR (what would have been 25 for enemies) to max of 80 at level 5. Changed the effect when used on enemies by severely reducing the movement speed debuff (that stacks with Horizon's passive, providing a maximum of 36% when under the effect of the passive, and 15% when not) as well as adding a new effect; enemies are forced to channel for .2/.4/.6/.8/1 second to use champion and item abilities. This makes the ability more unique, so that it is a CC unlike other champions.

-Increased diameter of Gravity Field from 250 to 300.

-Changed Void Wake to deal Magic damage instead of physical. Reworded description slightly for flavor.

-Changed Horizon's ult in the following way: Range decreased from 2500 to 1800, Damage reduced from 100/250/400 to 100/200/300, Channel time removed, Stun now only activated when the enemy hits a solid object. Reworded description to include shot behavior and added a shot speed of 400 to better clarify the effect. This, hopefully, better clarifies the effect and makes it a little less powerful.

-Created a "Too long; didn't read" section at the bottom of the post so that people are not forced to read a wall of text to know the concept of the champion

November 14, 2011
-Increased the damage of Gravity Field and Void Wake both by 40. From 70/110/150/190/230 to 80/125/175/220/270 and 80/120/160/200/240 to 90/135/285/230/280. This makes up for the pathetic AP ratio that Horizon has, so that he has a bit more 1v1 power.

November 15, 2011
-Updated the mastery section for season 2! Big changes; the new masteries greatly benefit Horizon this time around.

-Updated format with quote tags; hopefully it'll be a bit easier to read, although I kept the "tl;dr" section

-Added a superfluous Quotes/Animation section, hopefully adding a bit of depth to his character. Also added a provocative quote at the end of the lore.

November 18, 2011
-Reduced forces channel on Densify from .2/.4/.6/.8/1 seconds to a flat .5 seconds. Increased movement speed debuff from 15% to 20%. This gives a little more leeway to enemies while still providing a considerable debuff and accomplishing its goal of disrupting burst casters.

-Reduced range on Singularity Shot from 1800 to 1500, increased bullet speed from 400 to 1000, decreased stun time from 1/2/3 seconds to 1/1.5/2 seconds. This severely reduces the amount of time that an enemy is removed from battle, making it a bit more fair.

December 18, 2011
-Added artwork, awesome stuff!

-Changed ratio on Gravitic Pull to something simpler. Instead of increasing by 2%, then 1.9%, etc, it now increases a flat amount at 250 bonus HP and more for every 100 bonus HP afterwards. This raised the cap from 21% slow to 25%. The range was reduced from 1200 to 1000 to compensate.

-Densify: Removed slowing effect on enemies, as Horizon already slows with his passive. Replaced with an effect that prevents effected champions from casting summoner spells or using item effects. Changed the forced channel to a flat .2 seconds, as 1 second punishes burst casters way too much. Changed from forced channel to casting time, to clarify that the abilities cannot be interrupted. Changed ability duration from a flat 5 seconds to a scaling 4/4.5/5/5.5/6. This is a buff, and scaling makes things more balanced. Added an effect for allies that are effected; a scaling ability identical to Horizon's passive. This is a small buff, but makes it unique compared to other similar abilities.

-Gravity Field: Raised AP ratio from .2 to .5. This will give Horizon builds other than pure AP, and along with the cooldown and mana cost brings it closer to damage that is similar to other tanky AP users. Reduced base damage from 80/125/175/220/270 to 80/125/170/215/260 to compensate a bit and make the numbers nicer.

-Void Wake: Raised AP ratio from .3 to .5, for the same reasons as Gravity Field, as well as decreasing the base damage from 90/135/185/230/280 to 90/135/180/225/270

-Singularity Shot: Updated description to be more understandable, as well as increasing the AP ration from 1 to 1.2. With the updated AP ratios, Horizon can function both as a hard tank/support and an AP damage/support, although his AP ratios are much smaller than other mages.

-Small updates to descriptions, masteries, runes, etc from patches and such.

May 16th, 2012

-Changed Singularity's shot range from 1800 to 1500. Increased shot speed from 400 to 600 (or a 2.5 second travel time). Also created a travel cap for when the shot contacts a champion to 1.5 seconds. This gives a maximum travel distance of 900 units despite how far the shot initially traveled before hitting the champion. This gives a more consistent effect and won't lock down enemies for an insane amount of time if caught in melee range.

-Reduced the maximum slow from Horizon's passive from 25% to 20%. The formula remains the same, making the maximum amount of bonus health effecting the passive to be at 1750, down from 2250. This makes Horizon's late game presence slightly less powerful. Horizon's Q has been changed to reflect this.

-Reduced Horizon's E dash distance from 700 to 600 units.

-The art links actually work now! Go ahead, click 'em!

June 2nd, 2012

-Changed the damage on the Singularity Shot from 100/200/300 (+1.2 per AP) Magic damage to 150/250/350 (+.8 per AP) Magic damage.

-Reduced cooldown on Gravity Field from 16/14.5/13/11.5/10 to 14/12.5/11/9.5/8. This is Horizon's main source of damage, and should be taken advantage a bit more frequently.

-Slight change to recommended items section.

July 11th, 2014

-Removed passive: Gravitic Force. ((Although a fun ability, having an invisible movement increase/decrease aura is not only increadibly strong, but can also feel unimpactful. I have decided to replace the passive for something more interactive and interesting; however, because I feel this ability is important to Horizon's theme, it has been moved to replace his E.))

-New passive: Gravity Well: Using his black-hole like mouth, Horizon is able to consume a portion of damage that a projectile would deal and store its power for his own abilities. Horizon takes 20% less damage from projectiles as long as he is hit from the front, and reduces the damage of projectiles that would go through his front by 10%. When a projectile would have its damage reduced in this way, Horizon gains a stack of Stored Mass (Up to a maximum of 5 stacks). After reaching maximum stacks, Horizon's throat will swell like that of a frog and his Gravitic Force ability will gain an additional effect. ((I believe that this passive not only fits thematically, but encourages interesting play behavior in that players who concentrate on their orientation and positioning are rewarded))

-Densify: No longer applies Horizon's passive (as it has been changed). Bonus armor and magic resist reduced from 20/35/50/65/80 to 20/30/40/50/60. Ability duration reduced from 4/4.5/5/5.5/6 seconds to 2/2.5/3/3.5/4 seconds. ((Single target abilities, especially CC, should not last for such a long duration.))

-Gravity Field: Reduced attack speed debuff duration from 2/2.5/3/3.5/4 seconds to 1/1.5/2/2.5/3

-Removed E: Void Wake ((Of all Horizon's abilities, Void Wake seemed the most out of place and against his character, especially with his new passive and reinforced playstyle))

-New E: Gravitic Force: Horizon increases his mass drastically by channeling for 1 second as his throat swells. When Horizon casts either Densify or Gravity Field within the next three seconds, it will create a point in space that units are attracted towards which lasts for three seconds. Allied units moving towards the point have their movement speed increased, while opposing units moving away from the point have their movement speed decreased. If used with Densify, the point is centered on the target (who is included in the effect). If used with Gravity Field, the point is centered on the ground where the ability was cast. If Horizon has 5 Stored Mass stacks, they will be consumed and Gravitic Force can be cast without having a channel time, as well as dealing a percentage of current health to all enemies within the area of effect as it persists.
Cost: 40/50/60/70/80
Cooldown: 18/16/14/12/10
Radius: 300
Movement speed increase/slow: 6/8/10/12/14% + (.01% per bonus health)
Damage: 6/7/8/9/10% + (.02% per AP) current health/second

-Singularity Shot: Stun duration reduced from 2/2.5/3 seconds to 2 seconds at all ranks. Mana cost reduced from 150/165/180 to 100 at all ranks. ((The stun duration already lasted long enough without striking a wall, making the stun duration static keeps the best case scenario from becoming too out-of hand. The reduction of mana cost is to normalize it with the trend that all champions are starting to follow.))

-Updated strategy, recommended items, move uses, runes, and masteries sections.

July 13th, 2014
Passive- Now states that Stored Mass stacks are lost upon death.

Q-Range reduced from 800 to 700. Cooldown reduced from 15/14/13/12/11 to 10/9/8/7/6 seconds. Mana cost changed from 40/50/60/70/80 to 60/65/70/75/80. Bonus MR/Armor increased from 20/30/40/50/60 to 40/70/100/130/160. Armor and magic resist now decay linearly over the duration. Duration decreased from 2/2.5/3/3.5/4 to 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds. Now able to use item actives and summoner spells during effect. Ability delay now applies to item actives and summoner spells and is increased from .2 seconds to .5 seconds. Now deals 80/120/160/200/240 + (60% AP) magic damage when cast on enemies. ((I'm a big fan of off-build champions, so this update is to give Horizon a skill he can harass with in lane. The CC was shortened to compensate but changed a little bit to have more counterplay, yet also does better against champions that cast lots of abilities. I found this to be an opportunity to make the ally buff more interesting, increasing the values but making it decay so that a skillful Horizon is rewarded for timing the ability))

W-Increased AP ratio from 50% to 75%. ((Once again, there to help AP off-build. Does little to change support/tank build.))

E- Reduced base movement speed increase/slow from 6/8/10/12/14% to 3/4/5/6/7%. Reduced base %current HP per second from 6/7/8/9/10% +(.02% AP) to 5% + (.01% AP). Now deals %health damage regardless of Stored Mass stacks. Consuming Stored Mass now doubles the base movement speed buff/slow and %current health damage. ((I feel this ability was pretty powerful, so I wanted to bring back its CC in lane especially, but is now much more potent when Stored Mass is ready. Having a reliable damage aura helps AP builds))

-Updated lore and quotations!

-Fixed base stats to better fit his role.

July 15th, 2014

-Reduced casting range on Q from 700 to 600. Increased duration of allied buff from 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 to 22.25/2.5/2.75/3 seconds. ((These changes give more incentive on buffing allies and reduces the harassing potential of the ability))

-Stored Mass enhanced E now deals %max health damage instead of doubling the base %current health damage ((This gives the ability more consistency while also reducing the maximum potential damage))

-R now stuns for 1.5 seconds down from 2 seconds ((Also for reducing the effectiveness of best-case scenarios; the stun time is now equal to the displacement time, meaning a well placed shot will still incapacitate for a long duration but will not be any less if shot directly into a wall.))

CanaryfOu

11-01-2011

Actually looks pretty nice, but 2 things seem a tad strong to me

1) The passive-If it's bonus HP, it really needs to be like 1%/75 or something... getting a free 6% slow from a ruby crystal is kind of ridiculous, considering that it will add up very quickly

2) Unlimited range on the ult. I think it should have a limit something slightly shorter than tf/panth's tele range, because then if you get ganked in a top/bot lane you could shoot someone all the way across to the other side of the map

This is, however, a very well made champion. The synergy is very nice and it's a cool theme to work with ^^

Ayketh

11-01-2011

Thank you, SeventhStorm! There aren't enough support champions nowadays, and I wanted to help that here.

1) The reasoning behind the powerful passive is that I wanted Horizon's presence to be an extreme alteration of the field around him, both positively and negatively. In giving a negative effect I thought I could get away with increasing the overall effect of the passive. I'll see what other people think about it, but I forsee that the passive will be reduced in the future.

2) I think that's a fair change. It'll prevent crazy cross-map moves yet still get the point across of taking an enemy almost completely out of a teamfight when positioned correctly. 2500 range seems reasonable, yes?

SPEKTR1986

11-01-2011

agree with SeventhStorm
passive: from just runes I got around 300hp = 7.5% slow
I don't want count WARMOG ARMOR! -> could turn him in BLACK HOLE :-)
mb increase ratio?

don't know about R distance, mb if unlimited range then in should at least highlight impact spot (as Kog R)
In R: Damage: 100/225/350 (+1 per AP)(+1 per bonus AD) Magic damage
Remove AD ratio?

but concept pretty interesting! Why not!

could you help with mine, read V3.0 (first version from top)
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1408807

THX!

Ayketh

11-02-2011

You've got a good point there. Warmogs would make the ability considerably broken in its currant state, especially when stacked on itself. The ult works like Ashe's ult; a skillshot that continues forward. Though the unlimited range is just a little too much, without providing much added functionality.

Thank you for the input! I'll look at your champ tomorrow, as I've got to get some sleep for the night.

Ayketh

11-02-2011

Bump for added lore, will be adding physical description soon! Don't be afraid to give your comments, criticisms, and suggestions. I love 'em.

CanaryfOu

11-02-2011

One more note

~Might want to reduce the AP Ratio on his W/R, and then give E AP scaling too. It gives him a lot more item synergy (ROA, Rylais) because there aren't really any good hybrid tank items. However, with the high AP bonus on W/R you might see him built as a nuke support caster, which i don't think was your intention

edit: :O

he's a frog

:O

Ayketh

11-02-2011

Good point. I'll be updating his attacks to reduce scaling, focus on AP, and add a slight buff to non-damaging effects to center around the fact that he isn't meant for damage.

Lolfrog.

CanaryfOu

11-02-2011

After snooping in Leaguecraft abit

Lowering his mana pool by 20-30 at level one and then increasing the growth by 2 or 3/level and increasing mana regen to 2.3-2.5 might be nice

But it's probably fine as it is, just chucking an idea out there

He is a pretty solid champion. Really like him. =)

1234511 ... 14