just had an ap ryze question my tryndamere build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tactileneck

11-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BardsmanGob View Post
Ok your reading comprehension is awesome.

First off, they have two people that have suppression skills, WW's ult and Malz' ult so the QSS is a must.

The wriggles does give a decent amount of damage as well as a utility to be able to last hit the dragon or liz if you're fighting ww for it.

Also tryn needs early burst... That statement is so wrong.

Merc treads wouldn't be a good item this round anyway because the tenacity would only affect ryze's snare and malz' easy to miss silence. It doesn't affect suppression spells.

Finally. The Ryze built AP. AP!!!! Ryze gains more damage off of mana, not AP anymore.
QSS is a good item, but not that early, as I stated.

So you're saying in the same regard that it's practical to slash damage early, where tryndamere recieves his feed to control late game, when he already has an ultimate that allows him to forgo death?

I didn't question Wriggles, I didn't even suggest a better item for it because I'm aware that it's necessary.

Tryn does need to be able to maintain his damage not only to get early kills under that ultimate, but to clear through jungle to shoot above his farm.

Both ultimates are magic damage, Merc Treds would do plenty to solve the basic issue.

I'm assuming this game was normal, don't you test new builds in normal? Perhaps this Ryze wanted to attempt something new, doesn't mean you bash him for it.

BardsmanGob

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactileneck View Post
QSS is a good item, but not that early, as I stated.

So you're saying in the same regard that it's practical to slash damage early, where tryndamere recieves his feed to control late game, when he already has an ultimate that allows him to forgo death?

I didn't question Wriggles, I didn't even suggest a better item for it because I'm aware that it's necessary.

Tryn does need to be able to maintain his damage not only to get early kills under that ultimate, but to clear through jungle to shoot above his farm.

Both ultimates are magic damage, Merc Treds would do plenty to solve the basic issue.

I'm assuming this game was normal, don't you test new builds in normal? Perhaps this Ryze wanted to attempt something new, doesn't mean you bash him for it.
I did a 1v1 versus my friend with nidalee and I rushed a QSS. He got to 6 and was unaware that I went back and bought it. He does his entire skillset on me, and i just QSS his ult and walked away. Laughs were to be had since we were friends and he thought it was hilarious to rush that so early, but it works especially against a team comp like that.

For example. WW's ults, Malz drops his pool and his e, he then watches and ults tryn as or as close as he can to ww's ult ending. So then you definitely know that tryn is down to 1 hp and still sitting in malz's ult. Malz will then ignite him, and boom. Tryn dies, but hey, at least he had some early game damage.

Example two. Tryn rushes a QSS as 2nd item, WW ults, then he uses it as quick as he can and spins out. he doesn't stand in malz's pool cause he got out and now whenever malz ults he won't be at low hp.

You are allowed to forgo some early game damage on tryn because he has a steroid that gives him damage for the means of countering a double suppression enemy team, yes.

You did question wriggles. Your first statement was wriggles and QSS was weird. That's questioning it.

Tryn can clear the top jungle at lvl 3 with brawler's gloves. He doesn't need to focus on early game damage to go through the jungle early.

Merc treads is not enough to stop malz' ult. Malz will most likely have m. pen reds, spell pen %, sorc shoes, and going for a void staff at some point and time in the game. That's way more then just 55 MR which you'll receive from merc treads and base MR of tryn. I love people that believe that merc treads should negate or cover yourself for all MR damage.

tl;dr Defense > offense when going against suppression ults.

Tactileneck

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BardsmanGob View Post
I did a 1v1 versus my friend with nidalee and I rushed a QSS. He got to 6 and was unaware that I went back and bought it. He does his entire skillset on me, and i just QSS his ult and walked away. Laughs were to be had since we were friends and he thought it was hilarious to rush that so early, but it works especially against a team comp like that.

For example. WW's ults, Malz drops his pool and his e, he then watches and ults tryn as or as close as he can to ww's ult ending. So then you definitely know that tryn is down to 1 hp and still sitting in malz's ult. Malz will then ignite him, and boom. Tryn dies, but hey, at least he had some early game damage.

Example two. Tryn rushes a QSS as 2nd item, WW ults, then he uses it as quick as he can and spins out. he doesn't stand in malz's pool cause he got out and now whenever malz ults he won't be at low hp.

You are allowed to forgo some early game damage on tryn because he has a steroid that gives him damage for the means of countering a double suppression enemy team, yes.

You did question wriggles. Your first statement was wriggles and QSS was weird. That's questioning it.

Tryn can clear the top jungle at lvl 3 with brawler's gloves. He doesn't need to focus on early game damage to go through the jungle early.

Merc treads is not enough to stop malz' ult. Malz will most likely have m. pen reds, spell pen %, sorc shoes, and going for a void staff at some point and time in the game. That's way more then just 55 MR which you'll receive from merc treads and base MR of tryn. I love people that believe that merc treads should negate or cover yourself for all MR damage.

tl;dr Defense > offense when going against suppression ults.
Now say you had stayed and fought your friend, as tryndamere your damage output would be limited, though this may benefit you in a 1v1 how would you expect to win a teamfight when your damage output is comprable to a minion? Or let's say a dragon fight?

I questioned the combination, but did not further mention Wriggles.

Sure he can clear jungle at level 3, but would you rather clear it and be out before the other team can get suspicious while you're low health in jungle, or would you rather clear it quickly with increased damage and get out?

If the game goes that long where Malz has a full magic penetration set, and you havn't dominated the game as tryndamere, there's a bigger issue. For further elaboration there's a spell pen cap...why you'd get pen reds, boots, and staff with the attack mastery baffles me.

Had this been in any viable ranked game and you see a Malz and a WW coming out, you'd grab cleanse anyway, no need to cut your damage output and hinder team fights.

Koldheartedjsp

11-03-2011

Quote:
Now say you had stayed and fought your friend, as tryndamere your damage output would be limited, though this may benefit you in a 1v1 how would you expect to win a teamfight when your damage output is comprable to a minion? Or let's say a dragon fight?

I questioned the combination, but did not further mention Wriggles.

Sure he can clear jungle at level 3, but would you rather clear it and be out before the other team can get suspicious while you're low health in jungle, or would you rather clear it quickly with increased damage and get out?

If the game goes that long where Malz has a full magic penetration set, and you havn't dominated the game as tryndamere, there's a bigger issue. For further elaboration there's a spell pen cap...why you'd get pen reds, boots, and staff with the attack mastery baffles me.

Had this been in any viable ranked game and you see a Malz and a WW coming out, you'd grab cleanse anyway, no need to cut your damage output and hinder team fights.
why the **** would i grab cleanse vs malz/ww? What am i hoping the third is 3-4 crowd controls to make it useful?

and LOL why waste a summoner spot for cleanse?? Smite is needed. The next is flash/exhaust period.

@bardsman: I start cloth+5 pots. allows you to clear buffs as early as lvl 2 /w smite . Speed buff is hard though usually can only grab the buff but dogs can grab the entire camp

Tactileneck

11-04-2011

I'd choose Cleanse before I wasted the cash on QSS....the amount that you'd save could compensate for a fast BF or even a fast zeal/boot combo.

Koldheartedjsp

11-05-2011

Quote:
I'd choose Cleanse before I wasted the cash on QSS....the amount that you'd save could compensate for a fast BF or even a fast zeal/boot combo.
its blind pick first of all, and even if i DID have cleanse it doesn't work vs their ults

more uneducated people

Tactileneck

11-05-2011

Let's pick through the slop of grammar you've trashed all over this forum for starters...don't call me uneducated.

You and your friend have dodged half the points I've made because you can't keep up I'm assuming.

Doesn't work? Try again.

Lizto

11-05-2011

Wriggles lantern is a must on Trynd (and many other champions), contrary to popular believe. It gives you the right amount of armour for your armour to be just right, a good amount to not die too fast, to take turret hits, It gives good damage, a ward, and lifesteal.

Koldheartedjsp

11-05-2011

Quote:
Let's pick through the slop of grammar you've trashed all over this forum for starters...don't call me uneducated.

You and your friend have dodged half the points I've made because you can't keep up I'm assuming.

Doesn't work? Try again.
who gives a rats ass about grammar, i can type correctly if i want to. At least I don't suggest useless **** that's 100% wrong

and clearly you ARE uneducated, more so than just this game because you're getting defensive about it

1ring

11-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldheartedjsp View Post
who gives a rats ass about grammar, i can type correctly if i want to. At least I don't suggest useless **** that's 100% wrong

and clearly you ARE uneducated, more so than just this game because you're getting defensive about it
A message from the community: Your garbage. Please, leave the forums.