[Guide] Advanced Annie - Be the Boss

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Veraticus

07-16-2010

Hey Sniperness,

Love the guide. I was hoping for a bit of advice, though, actually.

I'm running the build that you suggest, same glyphs and masteries and items and so on, and I still tend to get out-harassed mid by Kat. I feel like she whittles me away quickly and effectively with BB/Shunpo spam and I always have to go back or risk being dived. How do you deal with Kat mid?

Khajeh

07-16-2010

Great guide, thanks for the info.

Makes me want to pick up Annie again.

Blasian

07-16-2010

Sniper, I'd love to get some 1vs1's at mid with you. I have yet to see a decent annie at mid (I play annie myself, and I can shut down the other carry HARD).
This isn't a flame/calling you out post, I just want to see what you can do .

I just think it'd be fun is all. Get back to me.

Kerotan

07-16-2010

Hey, returning after a very long break from LoL where I main'd Annie.

When I was playing, the norm was CD, Magic Pen and maxing Q skill first. Has this changed, or is it still viable?

Or is this strat the norm now?

MMM So Moist

07-16-2010

No rylai's scepter, No mejiah's soul stealer.

Long story short, fail annie. Next -

Leirkov

07-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadephobiac View Post
No rylai's scepter, No mejiah's soul stealer.

Long story short, fail annie. Next -
LOL. Bro, the games where you completely destroy people don't require Mejai's, you're going to win anyway. I had a game where I went 10-0-5 and my team told me get Mejai's. I proceeded to get 3 more kills and die four times before the other team surrendered. Waste of money.

Ryali's isn't a requirement. GG fail argument.

Oey

07-16-2010

i do pretty much the same except item

Start with Sapphire + 2 pot
@ 10-15 Finish catalyst + boot
@ 20-23 you NEED to finish Rod of Ages, or else just skip Ages if you going past 25 mark, and aim for Rylai.
@ then Rylai if you got Ages, Zhonya if you got Rylai

Abyssal Scepter if your team is heavy caster and enemy got MR
Void Staff if your team has little magic stuff

For boots: Tabi, or Mercury boot imo.

At this point, Banshee if you didn't get Ages, if you got Ages, you can stack another AP item.

I don't usually get Mejai's unless my team is doing well... losing charges suck :<

AIM7Sparrow

07-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veraticus View Post
Hey Sniperness,

Love the guide. I was hoping for a bit of advice, though, actually.

I'm running the build that you suggest, same glyphs and masteries and items and so on, and I still tend to get out-harassed mid by Kat. I feel like she whittles me away quickly and effectively with BB/Shunpo spam and I always have to go back or risk being dived. How do you deal with Kat mid?
Yes, like I said in the beginning of the guide, a good enemy Katarina can give Annie (and pretty much anyone else) a very hard time. Against Kat, you want to pay attention to her BB cooldown and step away (to the side) of your creeps when she's about to do it so you don't get hit. You might also want to back off a bit and not worry so much about auto-attack harassing. If a Kat isn't playing aggressively against you, then just be thankful and farm up, don't push your luck and bait her into fighting.

If she is being aggressive, then you need to be saving your stun counters for when she initiates against you so at least the fight is on your side of the creeps.

Overall though, the best advice I can give is just to play as passively as possible and farm until you hit level 5. At level 5 you can start Q->W comboing for some nice harass and then at level 6 you can finish her off. You gain advantage as soon as you hit level 6, your ult is so much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasian
Sniper, I'd love to get some 1vs1's at mid with you. I have yet to see a decent annie at mid (I play annie myself, and I can shut down the other carry HARD).
This isn't a flame/calling you out post, I just want to see what you can do .

I just think it'd be fun is all. Get back to me.
Sorry, I've "retired." (School/work/GRE's, bleh) To be honest I shouldn't even be checking forums anymore but old habits die hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerotan
Hey, returning after a very long break from LoL where I main'd Annie.

When I was playing, the norm was CD, Magic Pen and maxing Q skill first. Has this changed, or is it still viable?

Or is this strat the norm now?
I don't really know what the "norm" was but I'm pretty confident I have the best Annie guide posted anywhere online as well as having played one of the best Annie's in high level play. As for maxing Q, people don't like change and they also like to follow the masses. New players start off maxing Q because it lets them farm easier since they are inexperienced to last hitting. Experienced players max Q first because they think they are smart with their theorycrafting nonsense and argue that Q's lower cooldown and comparable damage give you more DPS. Yeah well, W can hit 5 people at once so Q's lower cooldown can suck on that. Max W first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oey
i do pretty much the same except item

Start with Sapphire + 2 pot
@ 10-15 Finish catalyst + boot
@ 20-23 you NEED to finish Rod of Ages, or else just skip Ages if you going past 25 mark, and aim for Rylai.
@ then Rylai if you got Ages, Zhonya if you got Rylai

Abyssal Scepter if your team is heavy caster and enemy got MR
Void Staff if your team has little magic stuff

For boots: Tabi, or Mercury boot imo.

At this point, Banshee if you didn't get Ages, if you got Ages, you can stack another AP item.

I don't usually get Mejai's unless my team is doing well... losing charges suck :<
Blue crystal is a garbage starting item. You'll get rocked by anyone even close to your same skill level who's using a Doran's ring. Rylai's is quite unnecessary, especially if you already have RoA. You need some raw AP after RoA so Zhonya's should generally be your next item. If you really can't pass up being that tanky though I suggest another RoA, simply because then you won't ever have to take the gollem buff and can provide some extra utility to your team. And unless their team was anything comparable to Twitch, Tryndamere, Tristana, Ashe, and Master Yi, I would never get Ninja Tabi on a character like Annie.

FredIsDead

07-16-2010

This is the guide which taught me to play Annie when it was on leaguecraft. It is an amazing guide kudos to the author. Also, I die a little inside whenever an Annie fails to initiate with tibbers, learn to do it confidently or dont play her.

SnotGobbler

07-16-2010

I Agree with practically everything - I used to rush cat and focus leveling Q, but after trying your guide, you are right, it is much better. One thing though - whats your opinion on Rylais? Personally I used to rush a cat protector, Mejis and then build the scepter before turning a banshees; having each of your spell casts either apply a slow or a stun was pretty useful and it gives you beasty survivability. For some reason Im just not a fan of RoA at all.