[Guide] Advanced Annie - Be the Boss

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crazy Demon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2010

OK, played more of your build and I am finally going to have change my opinion on one single item in this build

Doran's Ring.

I use to think the ONLY way to build Annie was to go saphire crystal and 2 hp pots so you could easily transition into catalyst. I had seen other Annie get Doran Ring and I thought it was stupid- I don't need the mana regen since sapphire crystal gives all the mana I need, the AP was barely anything (espc with 21 offensive build) and it delayed my catalyst. Noob item was what I thought.

Now I realize how good it is. I use to also think Annie was a weak solo mid, unable to go up against other solos like Katrina. But with Doran Ring's bonus hp, slightly xtra ap and mana regen, I can literally go toe-to-toe with most solos and come out on top. Man, I can't believe I use to think Doran's Ring was bad. If I ever go back to my old build, I'm definitely getting it first if I can grab mid solo.

The Panda Bear

06-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Demon View Post
OK, played more of your build and I am finally going to have change my opinion on one single item in this build

Doran's Ring.

I use to think the ONLY way to build Annie was to go saphire crystal and 2 hp pots so you could easily transition into catalyst. I had seen other Annie get Doran Ring and I thought it was stupid- I don't need the mana regen since sapphire crystal gives all the mana I need, the AP was barely anything (espc with 21 offensive build) and it delayed my catalyst. Noob item was what I thought.

Now I realize how good it is. I use to also think Annie was a weak solo mid, unable to go up against other solos like Katrina. But with Doran Ring's bonus hp, slightly xtra ap and mana regen, I can literally go toe-to-toe with most solos and come out on top. Man, I can't believe I use to think Doran's Ring was bad. If I ever go back to my old build, I'm definitely getting it first if I can grab mid solo.
Glad you changed your minds. Doran's ring save my mana so many times during soloing mid as I would harass them, eatting up my mana. The longer Annie stays the better :].

Blasian

06-29-2010

I used to run Saph + 2 Health pots at start aswell. I tried your build and found it much less risky because it doesn't incorporate mejais. The damage output is high and AP is consistent. The AP comes a bit later in the game though. However, annie is a ridiculous early game hero even without much AP so I found that this build worked well.

I use HP quints- Hp/lvl seals- plus the extra health from doran's ring, puts me far ahead of any other squishy early game in terms of health. The survivability is superb. Way better than running flat ap quints.

AIM7Sparrow

06-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasian View Post
I used to run Saph + 2 Health pots at start aswell. I tried your build and found it much less risky because it doesn't incorporate mejais. The damage output is high and AP is consistent. The AP comes a bit later in the game though. However, annie is a ridiculous early game hero even without much AP so I found that this build worked well.

I use HP quints- Hp/lvl seals- plus the extra health from doran's ring, puts me far ahead of any other squishy early game in terms of health. The survivability is superb. Way better than running flat ap quints.
That statement about Annie is a ridiculous early game hero is pretty much right on the money. With just a catalyst and not a drop of AP at level 6-9 she is pretty much THE boss in this entire game. No other character has 2 AoE nukes with a stun capable of doing so much damage.

And hp/lvl seals work just fine but I suggest trying mana regen/level. If I'm not mistaken I believe the seals only give about 10 Hp a level right? That shouldn't be making a difference. The mana seals really help though. It's pretty noticeable. Give it a go and see what you think.

AIM7Sparrow

06-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Demon View Post

Doran's Ring.

Yes, Doran's ring is quite a good item. Glad to see you've transitioned to it xD. As for Katarina, I'd actually still probably give her the advantage against Annie. I've played against some really good solo mid katarinas (shoutout to GrandJudge and AnaTiger) and they've given me a run for my money. Still, no problem. This is why we get the Doran's ring. It turns the domination match-up into a much more even one.

And by the way, I thought I'd just mention to you, the 5% mastery from Havoc isn't as much damage as you're thinking. By the time you hit level 16 and are doing 1k combos, that's only an extra 50 damage. The utility mastery is MUCH more useful and I would highly recommend switching to 9/0/21 (even if you chose not to take Ignite over Cleanse.) You mentioned in your other post that your 21/0/9 mastery equates to me taking ignite but that's far from the case. Ignite does a healthy 500 true damage at level 18, the havoc mastery has nothing on that.

C00LST0RYBR0

06-30-2010

I main Annie now, and this guide is the best by far. I approve 95% of this guide.

AIM7Sparrow

06-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by C00LST0RYBR0 View Post
I main Annie now, and this guide is the best by far. I approve 95% of this guide.
lol 95% xD

What's the 5% you disagree with just out of curiosity? (95% agreement is awesome btw don't get me wrong)

Bludex

07-02-2010

As someone who's played over 250 games with Annie I have a few comments, mostly agreeing with you:

1) Doran's Ring is pretty sweet and I pick it up first all the time. I've experimented with picking up level 1 boots and a few health pots and I've had a lot of success with that too.

2) I love Sorc Boots then Catalyst. I've experimented with tons and tons of Annie item builds and I really agree with this as the first couple ideal items for Annie.

3) Leveling Q, W, Q, W, W, R, W is definitely the right choice for more damage to champs and clearing the 3 mage creeps in one shot.

4) Agree with 9/0/21, Flat HP Quints, Magic Pen Reds, Mana Regen Yellows, Flat CDR blues, Ignite, Flash

5) I agree that Mejai's isn't that great on Annie in its current state. It has the potential to be great, but you're right, if you're snowballing that much with mejais you should already be winning. The thing with Annie is she doesn't have great survivability or escape mechanics so it usually becomes a dangerous item. I'm more excited to get a faster void staff, which brings me to...

6) Rod of Ages... I have been torn on this item for so long and depending on the team I go up against, I usually keep my catalyst for a while and get a Banshee's Veil. If it's mostly melee, I go for rod of ages.

So my end build order usually goes like this: Doran's Ring, Catalyst, (Rod of Ages if melee heavy), Void Staff, Zhonya's Ring (Banshee Veil if magic/stun/taunt heavy).

AIM7Sparrow

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludex View Post
3) Leveling Q, W, Q, W, W, R, W is definitely the right choice for more damage to champs and clearing the 3 mage creeps in one shot.
You can't clear mage creeps in one shot until W is level 5. Not taking one point in E is a huge mistake. I'd rather be able to get my stun up one spell sooner than have Q do 40 more damage...The spell order should be Q,W,W,E,W,R,W,Q,W,etc

Mangoz

07-02-2010

Been playing annie @ 204 wins 143 losses. Pretty much 70% of my games on her.

Dorans ring is essential. Dunno how sapphire crystal annie's compete against beefy katarina's. Unless you want to get outzoned and outfarmed all day.

First time i've been using W > Q because this guide, loving it so far. Im still debating on rushing catalyst over Mejai's, I agree on your reasons for that though.

Best guide i've come across.