[Guide] Advanced Annie - Be the Boss

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AIM7Sparrow

06-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentStrike View Post
But I do feel there is something you forgot to mention. I know people do realize this after using tibbers a while (I surely hope so!) but tibber's stun range is greater than the area that is designated by the spell. so use this people. sometimes knowing this will help you gain that slight advantage in initiating or simply picking up the remains.
The stun range is longer than the cast range (if you cast far away enough) only because the reticule has it's own additional area. The cast reticule shows the full area exposed to the damage/stun. There is no imaginary hitbox if that's what you meant.

Yes I suppose I should add that though. You don't need to drop tibbers on people dead-center.

Crazy Demon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-25-2010

So I've been trying this guide out for the last couple of games and I have to say its pretty solid. Not too sure if it'll replace my own personal build for Annie (it requires a different playstyle than what I prefer) but I'm going to try it out so more- its definitely a good build.

Thanks for the alt way for play

AIM7Sparrow

06-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Demon View Post
So I've been trying this guide out for the last couple of games and I have to say its pretty solid. Not too sure if it'll replace my own personal build for Annie (it requires a different playstyle than what I prefer) but I'm going to try it out so more- its definitely a good build.

Thanks for the alt way for play
Let me know if I've managed to convert you, lol. And also, what's this other playstyle you are talking about? I'm having trouble imaging playing her in any way noticeably different than the way(s) I described...

SilentStrike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperness View Post
The stun range is longer than the cast range (if you cast far away enough) only because the reticule has it's own additional area. The cast reticule shows the full area exposed to the damage/stun. There is no imaginary hitbox if that's what you meant.

Yes I suppose I should add that though. You don't need to drop tibbers on people dead-center.
no, I mean beyond the full circle it shows. there is more to it than that to it. give it a shot sometimes. its not much. but if the edge of the big tibbers circle is a bit off target, it can still hit

AIM7Sparrow

06-25-2010

I don't think that's true. It might just be imperfect registry in that your opponent might not become instantly stunned and keep running for a couple split-seconds, it might show up at just an unnoticeable "jump" of a few units on your screen, putting the character out of the stun's true range.

On the other hand, if you are telling me that in practice mode you stunned a stationary friend (without any sort of buggy hitbox like a feasted-chogath or something) with absolutely no part of the cast reticule touching them well then all the more power to you.

It's not wise to be aiming for such minimums though. You want to be hitting with the outer portions of your stun but trying to land the millimeters of "imaginary range" if they even exist is just too risky and unnecessary.

RubberOwen

06-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tieryal View Post
Ghost > flash anyways.

You can ghost in, drop a bear combo, run out, wait for 3 seconds and do another small combo and do much more damage.
i dont reallt agree with this but who am i to deny your right to a summoner spell. plus they are removing flash.

Sakagami0

06-26-2010

Favoriting this page.

AIM7Sparrow

06-28-2010

Bump. Anyone still not convinced that W is better than Q to max first?

Crazy Demon

06-28-2010

Quote:
Let me know if I've managed to convert you, lol. And also, what's this other playstyle you are talking about? I'm having trouble imaging playing her in any way noticeably different than the way(s) I described...
Well, theres no difference in the mission statement. What I mean is the different items change the way you act in-game.

My own personal build is as follows:
Flash/Cleanse
21/0/9
1) Catayst 2) Lvl 1 Boots 3) Mejais 4) Merc Treads/Tabi 5) Situational, often void staff or zhonyas or banshees

The way I see it your RoA and mastery spec gives you 2/3 the burst power of my 21 offense and Mejai. Therefore, you need the ignite to finish off the 1/3. My build, on the otherhand, can forgo, no NEEDS to forgo the ignite for Cleanse. Since I'm relying on Mejai for my killing power, it is absolutely essential I preserve stacks, hence the grabbing of the defense cleanse rather than the offensive Ignite. That's also why I take merc/tabi instead of sorc. With your build, your defense is covered by the HP from RoA and the CD Reduc from Utility.

Then, in terms of actual playing: with my build, I play insanely cautiously once its past early game. Since I have a snowball item its even worst to die. When I play your build, I cut loose a lot more since its not so bad if I get killed (although I still feed killing spree gold so thats not good).

So if I were to look at it on paper, your build is much safer and can be considered better than mine. However, I often go many games with only 1 or 2 deaths since my own personal build is built for the way I play. With your build, I usually end up with scores like 12-6 since late game, I often die without the defensive power of cleanse.

Again though, that's not because your build is bad. Its because my playstyle is not adjusted to your build. Its why I'm not going to decide which build is better until I've played at least 15 more games. There have been a lot of times I've died because I went into situations thinking I have cleanse or believing that I can kill a guy without ignite but forgetting I don't have the 5% xtra magic dmg of Havoc.

Hope that clears things up

Spectear

Recruiter

06-28-2010

Man the troll quoting his 500 wins is awesome. The items bought on his team alone (including himself) already prove it's a very low ELO game. But hey I guess getting 500 wins and 500 losses is better than being 200-100.

I haven't personally played Annie much and admit I felt that at a glance her Q was priority to level over W. Still I found the guide very sound so I'll definitely make an effort to play her and go with your suggest build. I do also prefer RoA over any of the more typical Annie first items. Snowball point is spot on although I would think that's common knowledge for people by now.

I am curious what you think of CD's point. I'm really attached to my Cleanse on most characters and Annie I feel has very little outs even if you can grab a stun while kiting away. Do you just pride yourself on your positioning or accept the fact that you're going to die occasionally?