[Guide] Advanced Annie - Be the Boss

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FortuitusFortune

Master Recruiter

06-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire393 View Post
+222 HP at level 1 > +125 HP at level 1.

Also MP Regen is invaluable. So many times I see teammates/enemies run out of mana while I still chug on because I invested in MP/5 Seals.
+125 HP at level 6 with magic pen quints > +222 HP at level 6.

The post really wasn't about the mp5 but if you're going oom from harassing once every 5 casts something is going wrong.

AIM7Sparrow

06-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironylung
Should link this to my guide, everything but the less than stellar item build is right on the money.
Sorry but your "guide" was my one of my main motivations for finishing my own quickly. I was extremely dissatisfied with it and it's pretty flawed. Not trying to be rude but the purpose of a guide is to help beginners and I feel you lack the experience to be writing them.

AIM7Sparrow

06-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Demon View Post
Way to be a d0uche.

Though I do disagree with the item build and summoner spell choice, you mention a lot of advance techniques that I use as Annie. I remember rushing RoA when I was a new Annie but I haven't done it in awhile- I usually turn my catalyst into a Banshees for survivability to keep my stacks ( since I get mejai). Still, I'm willing to try it before judging.

It's worth mentioning that W doesn't go through some walls. After a little bit of experimentation, I've come to the conclusion that if you can't use Nidalee's pounce or Gragas's Bodyslamm to go through the wall, then W won't go through either. Not 100 percent sure about that, but its screwed me over before.
Like I said, you don't need a Mejai's to snowball. Getting kills will give you a gold and level advantage that should be all the snowballing you need. If you were to finish the game with 20 stacks then you would've won even if you hadn't bought that mejai's.

Rushing the RoA gives you a much stronger mid-game than the Mejai's rush does and you don't have to worry about losing stacks and can be a team player. In addition, it reduces your reliance on the golem buff in case your poor Kassadin might need it or something.

As for W, it will go through walls if the cast point (where Annie breaths the fire) is NOT over a wall/obstacle. You'll notice, for example, that if you're standing too close to a destroyed tower and try to cast W that it sometimes won't work. Take a few steps back and make sure she isn't casting over any obstacles and it should work fine.

AIM7Sparrow

06-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalis View Post
Why keep the hp quints if you're going to use dorans, the mp5 isn't needed with a utility build/mp5 runes.

There are better quints if you're already going to use dorans.

Edit: It was a good guide though.
You want as strong of an early game as possible. If you shut down the enemy solo-mid you will pretty much have the game won already. Flat HP quints are far and away the best quints to get on MOST characters, Annie included. Annie is an incredibly strong early game champ thanks to her auto-attack range and low cooldown/strong spells + stun. Getting the HP quints in addition to the Doran's ring allows you to get in there and start fighting early. If you go with MPen or something else, you will do a bit more damage sure, but you'll also be forced to retreat more quickly. Trust me on this one, Flat HP quints are the way to go.

And actually, the MP5 on the Doran's is very helpful for your early game. Especially if you're facing an aggressive opponent you need to be casting spells at them often. +10 AP also never hurt anyone.

Dethroy

06-24-2010

Everything mentioned 'bout strategy, how to use spells/combos and stuff was all pretty basic and common sense (might be helpful for newbie island though - but not something you figure out after hundreds of games as you said).

I disagree on the summoners (ignite is by far overshadowed by ghost) and the itembuild is so year 2000.

All in all a good guide for beginners, nothing more.

FortuitusFortune

Master Recruiter

06-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperness View Post
You want as strong of an early game as possible. If you shut down the enemy solo-mid you will pretty much have the game won already. Flat HP quints are far and away the best quints to get on MOST characters, Annie included. Annie is an incredibly strong early game champ thanks to her auto-attack range and low cooldown/strong spells + stun. Getting the HP quints in addition to the Doran's ring allows you to get in there and start fighting early. If you go with MPen or something else, you will do a bit more damage sure, but you'll also be forced to retreat more quickly. Trust me on this one, Flat HP quints are the way to go.

And actually, the MP5 on the Doran's is very helpful for your early game. Especially if you're facing an aggressive opponent you need to be casting spells at them often. +10 AP also never hurt anyone.
You forgot to say on MOST characters for the first few levels after that they become pretty lack luster. The reason why you wouldn't need them with doran's is because like you said annie is an incredibly strong early game champion.

Andrige

06-24-2010

Wouldn't AP be better than CDR for blues, especially with golem buff? I haven't done the math, but it seems like AP would be better especially late game. Is the CDR just for early ganks?

Anyway, great guide. I learned a lot reading it. There are some very good tips in here.

AIM7Sparrow

06-24-2010

Deadalis - I don't want to argue with you. If you want to do the best you take flat HP quints and start with a Doran's ring. There's really nothing more to it and the early phase of the game is just too important to risk getting anything less than that extra 225 HP. Those two items are the strongest early game, that's all but fact.

Andrige - No. CDR is by far better for blues than AP.

Bobo the Goat

06-24-2010

I've actually gotten quite a few kills dropping tibbers into a bush. Got a double kill out of it the other day on a pair of retreating champions, and got a few compliments on it.

I've been doing most of what you said item-wise already. I've also found I don't like getting soul-stealer, for the reasons you posted. The only thing I've been doing differently is starting with mana crystal to get to catalyst sooner. I rely on the larger mana pool to keep me out in the lane long enough to get it, rather than having the energy regen, and having an extra pot to keep my health up.

I'm still not entirely sure on maxing incinerate first though. I get that incinerate does more damage, but I also will usually get more disintegrates off in a team fight due to shorter cd. Then again, the incinerates being able to hit multiple people is compelling too. Enough so that I'll have to at least give it a try.

AIM7Sparrow

06-24-2010

Incinerate always first. Don't be sucked into the theorycrafting bull**** that so many people on this forum do. Theorycrafting is for people who suck at the game and feel the need to contribute in some way or another with simple math that anyone can do. Math is great, but a teamfight can't be modeled with equations and variables. You max W and get off as much damage as you can because you don't know if you will be able to do it again anytime soon. Other people have brains too, they won't stand there politely and let you repeatedly hit them with your Q as soon as it's off cooldown.