[Guide] Advanced Annie - Be the Boss

12345612 ... 17
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SoopaTomato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-23-2010

post to save the guide in my post history

AIM7Sparrow

06-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OatmealCookie View Post
Great guide Sniperness. I've gone back to Annie recently, and I'm glad to see that I'm doing a lot of what you suggest already.

I really did not like playing Annie with a Mejai build, and EVERY guide says it's a must. It wasn't until I started rushing RoA after boots that she became fun again. I'm glad I wasn't totally off base

One Question. I usually run Cleanse/Flash (cleanse helps in solo queue), and Flash really helps me get finishing blows, get out of danger, etc. What do you think will be the best summoner spell combo if they remove Flash like rumors suggest?

EDIT, Also. Thoughts on DFG? AP/CDR with nice 30% nuke is too hard to pass up sometimes : /
Why thank you.

As for your questions, cleanse/flash is acceptable but Annie is all about insane burst. Ignite gives a huge amount of firepower and it's on a really short cooldown so I just can't stand not having it. IF they remove flash, Ghost/Ignite or Cleanse/Ignite would probably be your best bet.

I've actually tried several games with the DFG and let me tell you it completely sucks. I know on paper it sounds amazing and I was thinking to myself at one point, "How did it take me so long to try this?" After three games I knew why. The gold you fork over for it is just plain not worth what you get. The active nuke from it is actually a piece of ****. Especially since our first spell needs to be R Stun every single time, I can't stand opening up with DFG for max damage and giving enemies a chance to escape. The CDR is nice too, but again, I'd rather have that RoA for the HP, mana, and more end AP. Again, I really want to emphasize that on paper the DFG sounds like an amazingly godly item but in practice it just doesn't work out in your favor. Try it sometime and see. The RoA build is much more useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tieryal View Post
Ghost > flash anyways.

You can ghost in, drop a bear combo, run out, wait for 3 seconds and do another small combo and do much more damage.
Not true.

When you're laning solo mid and pop ghost, you'd have to be against someone blind and deaf for them to not notice the flash of light that shoots up from your body and the high-pitch whistling it makes as you run at them, obviously about to drop a stun combo. Flash gives us the element of surprise and VASTLY increases your ability to out-zone opponents in the middle lane because they have to be wary of your combined flash + R cast range.

And again, Annie is about burst. If you can sustain damage, all the better, but it doesn't work out that way in practice. Flash lets you get off most of the damage you are capable of doing. If there's any chasing to be done, your 320 base movespeed + 3% from utility + Janna (every game right?) should be enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSJx View Post
Annie IS an easy mode caster. Good luck picking up anivia and using 90% of her potential.

Really nice guide though. Not just an item build. +1 for suure.

Also, quitting right before seaone one? 0_o
yeah school/life/work sucks. xD

AIM7Sparrow

06-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leirkov View Post
I -think- it's like.. 900-1000 units?
It might even be a bit more than that. You can nearly cover the distance between the first two middle towers I believe.

Mr Geppetto

06-23-2010

Every guide I learn something from is worth reading. Original ideas are always a plus as well.

Hope you come back for Season 1. Otherwise, bon voyage.

Corpsestomp

06-23-2010

Well written. I just wish I wasn't so awful with Annie, she's awesome. Might give this a try sometime though.

Best Ezreal Na

06-24-2010

Should link this to my guide, everything but the less than stellar item build is right on the money.

Crazy Demon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-24-2010

Quote:
Should link this to my guide, everything but the less than stellar item build is right on the money.
Way to be a d0uche.

Though I do disagree with the item build and summoner spell choice, you mention a lot of advance techniques that I use as Annie. I remember rushing RoA when I was a new Annie but I haven't done it in awhile- I usually turn my catalyst into a Banshees for survivability to keep my stacks ( since I get mejai). Still, I'm willing to try it before judging.

Quote:
1. No vision casting: W and R donít need a target. Get a good feel for their respective cast ranges and learn how to hit your enemies with them even when you canít see them.
It's worth mentioning that W doesn't go through some walls. After a little bit of experimentation, I've come to the conclusion that if you can't use Nidalee's pounce or Gragas's Bodyslamm to go through the wall, then W won't go through either. Not 100 percent sure about that, but its screwed me over before.

FortuitusFortune

Master Recruiter

06-24-2010

Why keep the hp quints if you're going to use dorans, the mp5 isn't needed with a utility build/mp5 runes.

There are better quints if you're already going to use dorans.

Edit: It was a good guide though.

wildfire393

06-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalis View Post
Why keep the hp quints if you're going to use dorans, the mp5 isn't needed with a utility build/mp5 runes.

There are better quints if you're already going to use dorans.

Edit: It was a good guide though.
+222 HP at level 1 > +125 HP at level 1.

Also MP Regen is invaluable. So many times I see teammates/enemies run out of mana while I still chug on because I invested in MP/5 Seals.

Number9

06-24-2010

Good guide.

12345612 ... 17