[Guide] Advanced Annie - Be the Boss

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AIM7Sparrow

10-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunflame View Post
Actually that's not true:

- 2 health potion = +400 HP (from regen).
- Doran with 1 health potion = +120 doran and +200 HP from regen

Blue Crystal wins!

There are some situations were this change though:
- Tristana/Pirate/Kat with their Healing debuffs
- You gotta heal early
- You gotta use HP quints for +500 initial HP

If they hit you for 250-300 damage just use your potion. Don't wait until you are in the single digits to use it
Actually it is true. I see you've fallen into theorycrafting nonsense. You even have the answer of why Doran's is better in your "math." Potions only give HP regen. Doran's gives you flat HP. This means that your ability to fight is severely diminished early game if you choose Mana crystal. You will lose a head-to-head clash against an opponent with a Doran's advantage over you and be forced instead to back off while you use your potion. During this time you are not farming and are being outzoned. The same thing will happen the next time before you use your second potion.

There's also base HP regen and HP from leveling up to take into account.

Conclusion: Doran's > Blue Crystal.

And I just realized you typed "use HP quints for +500 HP."

Are you serious...just stop.

SAT Prep

11-07-2010

The best Annie guide out there, a lot of people need to read this.

Nihles

11-09-2010

Really enjoying playing me some Annie, with her being free and all. Found this guide and I got some ideas to try for my new favorite nuker!

Excellent guide, good writing, well written and reasoned.

FABIOForever

11-10-2010

The best guides are the ones that list advanced strategies on how to actually PLAY the character. It's even better to list how to use your character to play laning "mind games" which seem minor but actually have a huge effect on the vital first 15 miuntes.

Too many guides leave it at a dime a dozen build order, item build, and simply telling you to get last hits.

Kvzztr13

11-25-2010

hats off to this guide... really explains annie well.. got 4-8 on annie... and after reading this guide.. next 2games was 19-9 and 13-0... so... good job on this guide... very nice... XD

AIM7Sparrow

11-25-2010

Thanks all for your continued support. Keep kicking ass!

LOLTho

02-05-2011

Hey Sniperness, I've been using your guide for over 6 months, and I admit it's a hella' good build.

But now that the Doran's prices' been going up, what do you suggest for your build now?

AIM7Sparrow

02-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLTho View Post
Hey Sniperness, I've been using your guide for over 6 months, and I admit it's a hella' good build.

But now that the Doran's prices' been going up, what do you suggest for your build now?
The Doran's nerf has actually made me quite sad. What I've been doing on most characters so far is either Doran's Shield or mana pot + 2 hp potions.

If I'm against a physical solo mid that has very strong harass (Pantheon, MF) I will definitely take the doran's shield. Otherwise I'd probably go mana crystal + 2 hp pots. If you do take the mana/2hp pot route you might want to also consider going 0/9/21 with 3 armor, 3 mr, and 3 strength of spirit masteries. This will beef you up substantially and make trading harass more in your favor. It seems as if more and more excellent solo-mid champs are being released.

xSpecialKx

02-19-2011

With the replacement of Zhonya's, does that change the item build at all? Or should I just get a Deathcap in place of it? Also what are your thoughts on an early Haunting Guise, like right after the Rod of Ages?

AIM7Sparrow

02-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSpecialKx View Post
With the replacement of Zhonya's, does that change the item build at all? Or should I just get a Deathcap in place of it? Also what are your thoughts on an early Haunting Guise, like right after the Rod of Ages?

Ahh yes, I forgot about the Zhonya change. Definitely go for Deathcap first. There are certain situations in which you might get Zhonya's instead first but they are rare. One of them that I can think of is if the enemy team is very "ult-based," and also if those ults are over time and/or delayed.

If the enemy has 2 or more of any of the following, (with any others I may be forgetting), then Zhonya's before deathcap might be a smart move:

Morgana, Vlad, Amumu, Nunu, Fiddlesticks, Poppy