[Guide] Advanced Annie - Be the Boss

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AIM7Sparrow

07-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanerian View Post
Certainly a good guide. Curious why no Rylai's love?
Because if you think about it, Annie makes very limited use of the Rylai's effect. Mostly any given burst combo you do, all of your spells will be cast before the stun even wears off your opponent. You aren't even using that slow.

As for it's HP, RoA takes care of that department just fine, especially since it's our first recipe item. After RoA we need a solid amount of damage so we go for the Zhonyas. There's just really no place for Rylai's with Annie, especially since she makes limited use of it's effect to begin with.

deim0Z

07-29-2010

Awesome guide, congratulations, really helpful.

I'm an average player not even lv30, and I use to buy items in this order:

Boots 1, 2x HP pots, 1x Mana pot, I always use to rush Zhonya's asap, then I finish sorc. boots, just after I use to stack as many Arch's staves as I can if the enemy team is not stacking MR (Abyssal/Voip depending on my team).

I run MS Quints, MP marks, Mp5 glyphs/seals, my masteries 9/15/0 (9/21/0 planned, Ardor is cool (AP) and I think is a good tradeoff for CD, not worry about Mana regen/pool since I run Mp5x2), just aiming to be not that squeeshy avoiding the cost of the RoA, yep I loose CD but taking a look at Annie's CDs; % applied on her skills (4secs/8secs CD?) is not that worthy, at least for my low experience and on the paper.

The MS at low levels from Quints+boots 1 really helps for the FB, also denies enought damage if you zone right.

My questions:

- Are my quints/masteries gimping me hardcore and I'm too newb to not even being able to realize, I believe it's working for me but I don't have that many matches under my belt, I just wonder if you tried somethinig like that, and how it went.

-What do you think about pure AP build, stacking as many 3%xArch's staff mana converted to AP?.

Thanks in advanced.

AIM7Sparrow

07-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by deim0Z View Post
Awesome guide, congratulations, really helpful.

I'm an average player not even lv30, and I use to buy items in this order:

Boots 1, 2x HP pots, 1x Mana pot, I always use to rush Zhonya's asap, then I finish sorc. boots, just after I use to stack as many Arch's staves as I can if the enemy team is not stacking MR (Abyssal/Voip depending on my team).

I run MS Quints, MP marks, Mp5 glyphs/seals, my masteries 9/15/0 (9/21/0 planned, Ardor is cool (AP) and I think is a good tradeoff for CD, not worry about Mana regen/pool since I run Mp5x2), just aiming to be not that squeeshy avoiding the cost of the RoA, yep I loose CD but taking a look at Annie's CDs; % applied on her skills (4secs/8secs CD?) is not that worthy, at least for my low experience and on the paper.

The MS at low levels from Quints+boots 1 really helps for the FB, also denies enought damage if you zone right.

My questions:

- Are my quints/masteries gimping me hardcore and I'm too newb to not even being able to realize, I believe it's working for me but I don't have that many matches under my belt, I just wonder if you tried somethinig like that, and how it went.

-What do you think about pure AP build, stacking as many 3%xArch's staff mana converted to AP?.

Thanks in advanced.
Well all I can say is that I wrote this guide with the intent of providing the best possible way to play Annie. That being said, I believe you are indeed gimping yourself with your current set-up. Switch your masteries to 9/021 as well as follow the rest of my guide for best results. +75 rating doesn't happen by accident

GoForthAnDie

07-29-2010

Quote:
Masteries: 9/0/21 (If you can't figure this out yourself please stop reading my guide)
I couldn't help but laugh about this. Great guide, same build i use. I like ghost for solo que seeing as you can't depend on alot of pugs, but flash is the best option. we need more guides like this

ebs530

07-29-2010

I'v started playing annie and using your guide I have been playing fantastic.

I have a question though. After I get sorc boots, RoA, Zhonya's Ring, void staff and the game is still going on I really don't know what to get now because you said ryjai isn't that great for annie. What would you say to get next?

AIM7Sparrow

07-29-2010

I'd usually finish out with a guardian angel or banshee's veil at that point. If you really aren't worried about dieing throw on an abyssal scepter or that new book thing. Remember to always be drinking blue elixers also.

NegròDamus

07-31-2010

I really enjoy this guide. Other Annie guides have her going for straight AP, but I like the variety in this one. A lot of other Annies I've faced were not only squishy but also had very little HP, so I had the upper hand every time.

I follow the item build as well, only sometimes I switch Doran's Ring with a Sapphire Crystal at the very beginning. If the game is still going on after I get Zyohnas I'll usually go for the sunfire cap for extra armor and health.

AIM7Sparrow

08-05-2010

Countering Vlad and Mordekaiser Mid

Alright listen up, I played a few games these past few days and I'm going to tell you how to go head-to-head against Vlad and Mordekaiser (even though you won't encounter him mid often, just for lol's because the solution is so easy I can't believe I just recently understood it.)

OK. So after like 6 weeks of not playing the game, I think I went solo-mid against Vlad my first four games, (Riot take a hint maybe?) But whatever, that's OK. Annie has his number and I'd still rather face against a good Vlad than a good Katarina. Here's how you deal with him.

His Q spell is decent at best, if not bad, against Annie in my opinion. At first I was afraid of it because of the omg lifesteal but then I noticed it heals him for like 30 hp and has a decently long cooldown. That's fantastic, my auto-attack does twice that damage with 10x less cooldown. Whenever he tries to Q you, bait him back as far as you can, then Q->W->auto-attack combo. Keep chasing him and then zone him with auto-attacks and more Q's. With his Q on cooldown he sucks from what I can tell so far. Also, when you've harassed him and he wants to gain some HP back with Q, stay a bit back behind your creep line and force him to drain a minion. With his Q on cooldown again, you can run in and harass/zone him again.

The best Vlad I played against so far was smart enough to Pool whenever I launched Q stun. To my pleasant surprise however, this doesn't use up the stun! If he's just using Pool to get out of harass, all he's doing is stalling when he eventually takes it. Don't be afraid of Pool, seriously. I noticed most Vlad's are cocky as hell in it. Let him creep under you and look up your skirt if he feels like it. You can counter-rape him as soon as he materializes.

To sum up, always be auto-attacking and keep up an aggressive stream of Q harass. Positioning is key against Vlad. If he wants to Q you, make him earn it by chasing you to your side of the creeps where you can quickly E->W->Q stun and have your creeps hurt him a bit hopefully.

OK now for Mordekaiser. Omg, so simple and so easy. Before I used to play aggressive as hell against Mord right off the bat at level 1 to the point where one of us would retreat and both of us would be close to dying. I did this to stop him from building up his shield and establishing an early tempo.

After a game against him last night though it just clicked. His ability to push is his own downfall. Think about it. At around level 5, he pretty much instantly clears creep waves right? His creeps then push towards your tower where they take at least 2 tower hits each to die. After that the new wave of creeps will start making it to the middle of the lane again. Does anyone see it yet? During this entire time, his shield is passively draining. Now here's what you do. You lead in front of your creep line and stun combo him before he even gets to your new creeps. You'll take off his life and not his shield because it's pretty much all drained at this point and he can't reach your creeps. Keep repeating this process and pretty soon you can whittle him down and either zone/force him back to base or (flash) R Stun combo him for the kill if he doesn't pick up on it.

Let me know if this helps at all. GL

Exoh

08-05-2010

Good tips on Vlad and Mord. I played Mordekaiser as a main solo mid for a while on SR. This was actually when I started to realize how powerful Annie was overall (mid or side lane, didn't matter).

To elaborate on the the Mord timing attacking... Save your ignite for when he uses his ult, it nerfs his heal so much that you can combo him to death when he is up in your grill. This applies to late game as much as lane because he is likely going to pick you to focus every time after failing miserably in mid vs you (the nerd rage is strong in this crowd).

Also, early laning you can easily stay out of siphon (Mord's cone spell that makes the weird noise) range using auto attack as a gauge.

AIM7Sparrow

08-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoh View Post
Good tips on Vlad and Mord. I played Mordekaiser as a main solo mid for a while on SR. This was actually when I started to realize how powerful Annie was overall (mid or side lane, didn't matter).

To elaborate on the the Mord timing attacking... Save your ignite for when he uses his ult, it nerfs his heal so much that you can combo him to death when he is up in your grill. This applies to late game as much as lane because he is likely going to pick you to focus every time after failing miserably in mid vs you (the nerd rage is strong in this crowd).

Also, early laning you can easily stay out of siphon (Mord's cone spell that makes the weird noise) range using auto attack as a gauge.
Good points. Although I would suggest not wasting ignite simply because Mord ults you. Ignite is used to finish enemies off, not as an executioners calling.