Master Yi Build/Runes for Laning

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Balmung6

05-16-2012

I'm having trouble settling on a good base build for Master Yi, despite using him quite a bit.

Firstly, for Runes, I have ArP Marks/Quints, Armor Seals and MR per level Glyphs.

I'm told Runes are supposed to help you stay on top early game, but ArP sounds more promising than AD, as it will be more effective later on.

So, AD or ArP for Marks/Quints?

And for Laning Yi (I've tried Jungle Yi - dreadfully boring, as it's the same thing nearly every single time) I usually get 2 PD's, Berserker's, BT, IE, and Cleaver. (I like Cleaver's Armor Reduction very much)

Thoughts? Improvements?

MrMinionman

05-16-2012

Well, jungle is your best bet, and I probably won't finish typing before someone throws this out, but you are likely about to get spam telling you not to lane Yi. There isn't much difference damage-wise early taking pen over AD, though i take pen reds and dmg quints. Yi certainly isn't a common, or popular pick, though from my experience the best way to play him in lane is to start aggression on sight. a good number of the tanky dps top end up soft countering around level 3, so after that sit back and farm and/or run into the enemy jungle.

Balmung6

05-16-2012

Okay, so what's a good Jungle Yi Build, then? In terms of Runes and items.