Countering champs: my problems with two lower tier champs.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

airraidsiren

11-07-2011

I'm a newish player (lvl 24 today), and I've been playing a lot of TT solo queue. I've noticed that I have problems with specific champs, and they are not the ones who are generally considered to be good picks on the 3v3 map. Because TT is blind pick, I can't counterpick these champs, so I need some advice on how to handle them using shop items and technique.

1. Teemo. He's listed as tier 5, but I consistently get pwned by Teemo early game, before I can afford any means of seeing him. I think I'm laning 1v1 or 2v2, but then all of a sudden Teemo is there, I'm blind, and I'm getting hit with darts faster than I can run away.

2. Xerath (tier 4). How to you get to him to hit him? I usually play tier 2 and 3 melee champs or Morgana. Regardless, I can't ever seem to get close enough to Xerath to hit him with anything. His crazy range always zones me out of farming or counter-harassing.

I've also found it difficult to play against Singed and Rumble, but as they are acknowledged to be strong/OP on 3v3, I've just accepted that they need to get shut down by a team effort. But I feel like I am just missing something obvious with regards to Teemo and Xerath since the general consensus is that they are weak champs for this map.

Rabbitsuit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2011

Play them. No easier way to learn how to beat them then learning how to use them. I'm not a Xerath player, so I'll hold off on talking about him.

Teemo is a nifty champion. And his "living ward" passive can be a pain in those early situations where you think you're in a 1 v 1, but he pops in midway right next to you for an easy kill since you've committed.

But his lane phase is fairly weak. His blind duration is short and it's normally the last skill he maxes out. Aside from that, blind is now considered a CC and is reduced by tenacity. So Merc is a great option against a Teemo if you're a melee champion. And more often than not, Teemo will use it as a form of harassment to try to keep you away from himself and minions -- which helps his poison if you do. It just restacks itself, so if he can get in one autoattack and run, he wins. In short, be aggressive in the lane phase. Make him regret living.

Once he's six, he'll roam a bit to try to gain some map control. That makes it so a pink ward in key locations is a necessity early game. I played against a Teemo yesterday and popped a ward at red and was able to uncover a green ward and four shrooms leading to all of the exits around mid. Don't cheap out and use green wards. It's worth the extra 50g. When you can upgrade to oracles. And when you run into a bush, go in at the SIDE of it so you don't run over the shroom in the middle. Then you can break it with an autoattack.

Oh, and never pull dragon with an enemy Teemo. I'm not even sure how, but I've stolen Dragon with a mushroom multiple times after we've given up on it and decided to push down bottom.

1ring

11-07-2011

Rabbit has great advice there. When your struggling against a champion if you play it usually you will notice their flaws and how to counter.

Teemo is strong early game, but he will drop off late game. So just play defensively against him, and be extremely careful about not over extending, or he will sneak in behind you and kill you.

Xerath, you will get better at dodging skillshots, and once you do he is easier to lane against.

Singed and Rumble: Very critical to buy singed and play him for a week to learn to play against him. Yes, usually singed will cause you to lose, but you will win more against him if you do this. He is so susceptible to ranged. Rumble its very important to avoid that ult, which can be tricky in TT. However, unlike singed, you should be able to win against him. Buying him might help as well.

Its also worth noting that, while tier lists are a good guideline, don't get glued to them. They are not perfect, and even if a champ is tier 7 doesn't mean a person could take it and wreck a team of tier 1. Don't just set out and follow them is my point, experiment.

DEVlN

11-07-2011

Yeah, like previously said, Playing those champs will greatly work in your advantage, however i do realize IP is often scarce, and RP is not always an option.

As for Xerath, He has a pretty good burst, but while on CD he is very weak. Bruisers with any sort of gap-closer or CC are his worst nightmare. Flash is alright, but with the long CD I tend to save my flash for getting out of a bad situation, especially on TT where the walls are like paper