How do I shot lamp? (Jax Advice Wanted)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ViashinoWizard

11-03-2011

nobody puts baby in a corner

Narcissan

11-03-2011

Of all the lamp posts in all the world, she just had to walk into mine.

killerb0y

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-03-2011

I'd say something along the lines of Boots > Cutlass > Tabi > Gunblade > whatever you want. If I'm having a hard time laning against someone that does primarily magic damage, I'll throw in a Hexdrinker before the Cutlass.

Teleport is great for getting back to lane - esp at the beginning when you can sometimes get harassed out. It's also excellent for teleporting down to dragon or help team mates when they need it. In a 1v1 situation, Jax beats pretty much everyone, so I find I use Exhaust more often as a slow to stop them getting away - which is why Gunblade is so good. Both are definitely viable - in the end it just comes down to personal choice which you like more.

SticklerMac

11-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViashinoWizard View Post
So I want to build Tabi > Gunblade > Rageblade > Rabbadon's with Negatron somewhere in the middle if I'm taking a lot of magic damage?

Also, how viable is Teleport over Exhaust? I find myself really missing the ability to have go b and then be able to immediately return to lane.
I always run Teleport/Exhaust.

And as far as your earlier post regarding sustain and rageblade, I get a hextech revolver, and then I get rageblade, once I've completed rageblade I finish out my gunblade, and then rush Rabbadon's deathcap. With these three Items alone you will have around 200 AD, 350 AP, and 3K or more hp(due to passive.) As well as spell vamp and lifesteal. Look out enemy team because I'm coming in hot.

BWandyB

11-05-2011

If you manage to get a couple kills in lane an early zeal after ninja tabi will help your farming/post 6 jungling immensely more so then 975g 25damage will.

Afgani Annie

11-05-2011

I came in to say that I laughed aloud when I read your title. How do i shot lamp haha, oh internets, how I love you.

Zebulone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerb0y View Post
Actually, Cutlass first is because he has a 1.0 AD ratio on his Q. Also, the active slow is awesome.

Runes - I'm running ArPen reds, Dodge seals (must), MR blues, AD quints. You can play around with everything besides the Dodge seals. From what you mention, I'd probably go with AP quints or HP quints.

Skillwise: R>Q>W>E

Masteries: I always run 21/9/0. Jax is naturally tanky because of his passive, so I like going more offense. If you go 21 in Offense, don't forget to get the 15% magic pen. Whatever masteries you end up using, 9 in defense (for Dodge and Nimbleness) is mandatory.

Summoners: Flash (duh) and whatever else you want. Ignite and Exhaust are good; I run Teleport.

I almost always get Tabi - though I can see Merc's being good. I've found that even after the nerf, Gunblade is very strong on Jax - if you chain your abilities properly, you can burst someone for 1k damage. Pretty ridiculous considering Jax also has one of the strongest sustained DPS with 10 stacks on his ult. After Gunblade, you have all the sustain you'll ever need, and then you can get more tank/DPS items - Atma's, Rylai's, Void Staff/Abyssal Scepter, Rageblade, IE, whatever.

Starting items really depend on who you're laning against - boots+3pots, Cloth+5pots, Null mantle+2 pots, I've even started Doran's blade.

Good luck with it!
You win this thread man. I hate seeing this spew about getting WotA instead of Gunblade because it's "so bad now"..