How do I shot lamp? (Jax Advice Wanted)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SticklerMac

11-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplqa View Post
His auto attacks are average.Not really weak but not strong either.And you must consider that he has 2 attack modifiers that don't benefit from lifesteal,his W and R.Lifesteal just doesn't seem worth it.
You are correct, his auto attacks are not great, and lifesteal doesn't help much. This is why you build him towards AP, and get spell vamp. Spell vamp heals you through every single one of your abilities.

SticklerMac

11-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViashinoWizard View Post
Do I not want to get a lifesteal item then? Jax has a really limited mana pool, but I guess the proc from Relentless Assault will give me some sustain on autoattacks, unless it doesn't proc spellvamp like Rumble's passive.

Also, what's good to start with? Boots + 3 pots?
Start with a doran's ring. This will eliminate your mana problems allowing you to spam your abilities, and at the same time give you health. Take spell vamp over lifesteal, it will sustain you more.

BackDoorer

11-02-2011

There must have been some pretty awesome builds that people have thought of since the last time i checked... but the staple item on jax has got to be gunblade, it has everything that jax needs, and a lot of it. The reason for rushing gunblade over rageblade is because of the nuke/slow, it really really helps when you first get it, and there'll be a window of time when that extra 300 dmg burst has huge effect. It might just degrade into a single target slow later on, but that bonus is too good to pass on earlygame.
Hell, i used to go gunblade and a second cutlass for the double nuke lol...
but anyways, heres the build i'm swearing by...
Boots and red sodas to start -> cutlass, buying pickaxe first -> (ninja tabis) -> gunblade -> HEXDRINKER -> rageblade/deathcap/atmas in any order.

ViashinoWizard

11-02-2011

I gotta say, after playing several practice games, I'm in the "rush Rageblade" camp. It just does so, so much for him. Gunblade has better stats on paper, but the way Rageblade's passive stacks with Relentless Assault makes him exponentially more powerful.

My concern about getting Doran's Ring first is that I have no real sustain.

What skill do you get first? I usually go Q>W>Q>E unless I'm laning against an auto-attacker, in which case I go E>Q>W>Q.

theplqa

11-02-2011

The reason why you shouldn't rush Rageblade is that it provides no lane sustain.Rushing WotA or Gunblade are much better.

Reiji Ozora

11-02-2011

Jax is a Hybrid AD/AP carry.

For marks, get attack speed runes. You will be doing a lot of your damage not only as physical, but magical as well. Attack speed benefits both of these. AD runes help with the initiation and getting some extra damage in battle, but attack speed is still better IMO. It helps to get your ultimate going faster, which means faster stacks. It also means faster activation of your every third hit bonus magic damage. Plus it still helps out your physical damage. So go for Attack Speed Marks.

Seals: Dodge. These are the standard seals for Jax due to his Counter Strike(E). Always use these for Jax seals and ignore Jax advice from anyone who tells you otherwise.

Glyphs and Quints are more personal preference. I'd recommend magic resist or even mana regeneration for glyphs. A lot of people recommend AP, but I really don't like those as glyphs for Jax.

A lot of people recommend movement speed quints, which are fine, or you could also go with flat health for more tankiness. (Most prefer the move speed)

I still find an early Hextech Gunblade viable on Jax and much to be preferred over the Rageblade. Gunblade provides a slow and will help secure kills for you. With Rageblade, you get to watch as they run away.

After you get your Gunblade, consider getting an item with high attack speed built into it. Rageblade builds its attack speed as you go along. It is better to have an item here with upfront flat speed in order to get the speed boost from your ultimate even faster.

For this purpose, on Dominion I get Nashor's Tooth along with Ionic Spark if there are no stealth champions on the other team, or Nashor's Tooth with The Lightbringer if there is.

I'd consider getting Nashor's Tooth at this point on SR, or at the very least a Stinger. For 1140 gold you can have 40% more attack speed and 10% cooldown reduction. It is important to get Jax's cooldowns lower for the reason that it allows you to get your stun back faster. This is why I make Nashor's Tooth part of my build. (AP, Attack Speed, Cooldown reduction... Perfect!)

Since neither of the above dominion items are available on SR, you will want to get some other attack speed item that synergizes with Jax's hybrid nature. Madred's Bloodrazor seems decent. It gives you some damage, attack speed, armor, and some extra magic damage per hit. If you need a defensive item(or items), just get the recurved bow and come back to it later.

With Attack Speed runes and Attack Speed items, you will notice that your speed boost(and also the magic damage) from your ultimate kicks in a lot faster.

Trust me on this. A Rageblade will not help you get your stacks up nearly as fast when compared to flat attack speed bonus items.

Chingmeister

11-02-2011

Aim at the bulb, one hit and its lights out gracie....

Asuramundos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2011

I love lamp.

killerb0y

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2011

Quote:
I gotta say, after playing several practice games, I'm in the "rush Rageblade" camp. It just does so, so much for him. Gunblade has better stats on paper, but the way Rageblade's passive stacks with Relentless Assault makes him exponentially more powerful.

My concern about getting Doran's Ring first is that I have no real sustain.
Rageblade is a very powerful item on him; however, you rely on the fact that the enemy is dumb and will stand there and let you beat his face in. With it you will be able to 1v1 anyone, but you won't be able to kill anyone.

Gunblade on the other hand allows you to force the fight (with the slow). With just Cutlass, the slow+nuke is very strong chained with your stun.

As I mentioned in my previous post, stacking AD on Jax early game is good because of the 1.0 AD ratio on his Q.

Sustain is very important early game, so as mentioned earlier, cloth+5pots, boots+3, null mantle+2, something along those lines is generally good.

Quote:
What skill do you get first? I usually go Q>W>Q>E unless I'm laning against an auto-attacker, in which case I go E>Q>W>Q.
Yep that seems great to me.

ViashinoWizard

11-03-2011

So I want to build Tabi > Gunblade > Rageblade > Rabbadon's with Negatron somewhere in the middle if I'm taking a lot of magic damage?

Also, how viable is Teleport over Exhaust? I find myself really missing the ability to have go b and then be able to immediately return to lane.