Looking for Soraka alternative

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Coloris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-23-2010

So, since i played Soraka only since i started(currently 22) and with the ladder and draft system coming up, i was looking for suggestions to alternatives. i really loved the healing soraka does, but it's time for a change ^^

Corpsestomp

06-23-2010

We need more information, bud. Do you wanna do damage, support, tank?

Slide

06-23-2010

Are you looking for another healer?

Janna and Taric both come to mind. Both are support healers. Janna will take your game a little more towards ranged and move speed while Taric will take it more towards Melee and tanking.

Both are exceptional team mates and can have just as much on the impact of the game as Soraka can.

Coloris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-23-2010

yeah, i'd prefer to stay support, so i'll give janna and taric a try. thx for the suggestion

Corpsestomp

06-23-2010

Morgana is my favorite support champion, she's not a healer, but she can really help out a team with all of her abilities.

Gunflame

06-23-2010

If you want to be support but play more offensive I'll call Kayle... she is awesome.

her heal is meh... it works a bit but it is not great. Her ultimate is godly. Shoot it on a carry that overstepped a bit and you will see everyone wasting cooldowns on that target and you just saved him

You are a ranged character... basically you will never attack unless you have rightfury (except for some moments during laning phase). You also have a slow that increases the damage received by the target, and you break towers like maniac on late games.

So.... SLOW, Damage increaser, Heal, Speed booster, AoE range, Invulnerability to damage. On top of that decent endurance (you will get to 2000 HP without even trying) and great late game pusher, it will also give you an introduction to DPS characters which could be useful later on.

Kayle+doran ring+nazhor+guinsoo+boots = win!

(corrected not so girly references)

Krigare

06-23-2010

Kayle. That is all.

And Kayle is a girl. >.>

wildfire393

06-23-2010

Probably the most similar to Soraka in making your opponents want to tear their hair out from frustration is Janna. She only has one heal, though it's AOE, and she has a shield. She also has a single-target slow (that lets her ghost), an AOE knockup, and an AOE knockback that can be used to elude and frustrate the enemies. Like Soraka, she benefits immensely from AP and Aura items, as well as CDR. She's a bit more mana-hungry than soraka, as she lacks a 12-second self-clarity, so remember to grab something like Tear or Chalice early.

favabear

06-23-2010

+1 for Kayle. She's a change of pace from Soraka, since most of the time she'll be offensive, but she can really frustrate opponents when she drops her ult or helps someone get away with her speed buff.

If you're used to Soraka, just be aware that you can't spam your heal with Kayle. You'll run out of mana quickly and it doesn't heal for a lot. It's more of a get out of jail free card.

ThatSaulSheWrote

06-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire393 View Post
Probably the most similar to Soraka in making your opponents want to tear their hair out from frustration is Janna. She only has one heal, though it's AOE, and she has a shield. She also has a single-target slow (that lets her ghost), an AOE knockup, and an AOE knockback that can be used to elude and frustrate the enemies. Like Soraka, she benefits immensely from AP and Aura items, as well as CDR. She's a bit more mana-hungry than soraka, as she lacks a 12-second self-clarity, so remember to grab something like Tear or Chalice early.
idk if I would encourage janna use though as she is an extremely popular choice right now, and with draft mode coming up... yeah. However, she is an amazing support that you should learn to play anyway. Kayle is good as well. Right now, unless she gets buffs this patch, morgana just isn't too hot (I main her and I say this).