Rylai's Scepter Change Suggestion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Antagonist

09-26-2009

I think it should be changed to

Passive: Your spell reduces your target's movement speed by 35% for 2.5 seconds. This effect can only occur once every 6 seconds

Since the current Rylai is rather OP if used correctly with a few champions.

Bianary

09-26-2009

It's certainly a step, I find the item is just make or break for certain champions at this point -- and it doesn't seem like any one item should be so necessary.

+1 and see how it goes after.

Emrot

09-26-2009

I think this is a good idea.

Rylai's is already designed to compensate for AoE spells, so this would help balance it out between champs with spammable spells and those without.

jerzy

09-26-2009

I really like the current version of Rylai's scepter. And if the OP's proposed change where to take place, perhaps it would be a good idea to include the "only occur once every 6 seconds" in the slow for Frozen Mallet as well.

JayceJa

09-26-2009

by certain champions I'm assuming your talking people who have spells that re-applicate the spell, the biggest one being katrina's ultimate

putting a cooldown in it like there is on lichs/sheen/trinity as well as tear/archangles and locket would work, however instead of that, another change that could work could be

slows for 40% for 1.5 seconds if single targeted
slows for 20% for 1.5 seconds if multi-targeted
slows for 10% if consistent effect

this makes it more balanced for certain spells like katrinas ultimate more balanced, while also allowing it to be more consistant in the use of it with spells that work over time, whereas now some apply it only once, some apply it for the entire duration

this could be implemented as well as an internal cooldown as well if warranted

Harrigan

09-27-2009

I was thinking just what JayceJa was. The slow is too strong (length and/or duration), and is definitely OP on some characters (Katarina, we're looking at you). I would like to see a nerf and a category specific cooldown. As in single target, aoe, and persistent spells are each on their own cooldown.

Do you see all physical damage characters getting forzen mallet? I don't. I see almost no one getting it. But I see almost every character without a snare getting Rylai's, even Corki.

PiousFlea

The Council

09-27-2009

Rylai's needs an internal cooldown specifically due to Katarina's ult. It is fairly balanced for any other champion I can think of.

Candesce

09-27-2009

Evelynn can also really abuse it. Not sure that's a big deal, though.

If Kat's the only problem with it, fixing her might be more useful than nerfing Rylai's.

Razzle Dazzle

Adjudicator

09-27-2009

I'd really like this fix. More balenced for heroes like Katarina, and more useful for other heroes. I 100% approve this remake

Ricky Vicious

09-28-2009

I think that the item itselve is fairly balanced, and it should not apply with katrina's ult as it is supposed to be like "attacking" each hero at a rapid speed. I believe the item description says something like "whenever a hero is targeted by a non-AOE spell..." which to my mind, katrina's ult does not fit into.