Kayle and Sivir

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hoax

09-27-2009

I think the problem you are having is more playing a support character then the characters themselves.

Motas

09-28-2009

I disagree, I play a great Soraka, Morgana, Gangplank, all of which are labeled as support, it's not my favorite type of hero, but I'm decent at supports.

Monsterslime

09-28-2009

My all time favourite pusher. Usually I'll go philo stone, tears, berserker greaves, first component of phantom(always forget the name and finish phantom much later - the improve movespeed lets you annoy the hell of the enemy by keeping out of harms way but continuously solo push), fervor, infinity blade, bloodthirst. Sometimes I will get banshee's veil as well to have double spell shield

Usually go philo stone and tears pretty much for unlimited Q+W. You make back the money lost in investing on tears. Most games i'll have about 2 - 2.5x more creep kills than anyone else in the game but usually I get only assists since damage comes a lot later. You rather have the kills go to the damage dealers so they can do their job better. I get attack speed just to pound the tower as fast as possible and get out safely.

FuzzeWuzze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-28-2009

Sivir is really good once you learn how to aim your Q ability. The glaive actually goes slightly beyond your targetting range, so i get enemies just inside of it and throw it..it goes past them and back almost instantly getting its full damage and they have no chance to avoid the second half of the damage on the return.

Dragonglove

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2009

Kayle is my main champ (though I wouldn't call myself a great player).

I think Kayle is one of the easier champs to hybrid with. She has great AP scaling and decent HP. I use a generic rune page for all my champions mostly focusing on cooldowns. As such, I'm spamming abilities all over the place to try and control where my opponents are early game. If you can keep them away from you, you're free to farm and push early game at your leisure. This works well against melee DPS like Trynd and Yi. Tanks can generally keep with the punishment but the strategy remains the same. Against ranged characters, things get tougher. You're still going to want to punish them for getting too close, but every time you press forward, they hit you hard. Level up your ranged/splash attack and try to remain calm early game.

Get mana regen early because you're going to want spam abilities, considering the low cooldowns (I usually try to get a philosopher's stone). Then boots, though it doesn't really matter which one. Adjust to your fighting style because Kayle can use any of them effectively. Then build up Nashor's Tooth. Between the cooldown, attack speed, and AP, I find this to be one of the best items for my strategy. As soon as you get it, you'll be damaging champions very well... until the teamfights start. Then you'll see the enemy take you down to quickly. As soon as you can get a giant's belt, you'll be set. Then you can once again try to upgrade it to whatever you want and if you're playing well, you'll see your team win.

One final note about Kayle's Ult. The best use for the invulnerability is to mess with the enemies timing. I've found this harder to do since her change since you now have to target yourself, but you can watch Ryze snare you and then hit Invlun and watch him waste his ultimate. In mid-late teamfights, enemies will try to nuke a single champ as much as possible. Learn how people kill midgame and counter right before the killstrike and run like mad.

This is also very useful for taking out towers. Most champs will run as they see the enemy come while they are taking out the tower, but you have 4 seconds of extra time to get damage in. This strategy is best when attack speed is built up. Good luck.

Monnok

09-28-2009

I personally like Chalice on Sivir cause it lets me spam Q and keep W activated all game long. Then it's zerkers, Stark's fervor, PD, whatever... Very similar to what others have posted before, just focusing on abusing her W for clearing creep waves ASAP. She certainly does have to try harder to get kills later in the game, but she is first and foremost a lane pusher/team support in my mind. I play her when I really want to WIN, not just get kills to satisfy my epeen. Commonly wins games when the other team has over 50% more kills than mine does, because they simply cant push a lane all together as Sivir can by herself.

Oh and her /dance is OP too!

Hoax

09-30-2009

Kayle should go AP, she should max her cooldowns (invuln on 24sec timer) and beyond that what your doing with item build depends on your/their team. Taking a soulstealer is crazy. You can do a cooldown page and build AP or an AP page and build cooldown but do one or the other.

Remember even if you are going AP your damage is awful, the nuke/slow does good damage but everything else is pretty much trash versus champions.