Will you boycott WCG?

I pledge to boycott WCG and will not watch their events. 416 86.49%
I choose not to boycot WCG. 65 13.51%
Voters: 481. You may not vote on this poll

[Poll] WCG Boycott Pledge

123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Allforher

11-01-2011

I voted yes, but im going to watch anyways just like all of you will.

Geryth

11-01-2011

Bump for edits to the OP.

Kuranes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2011

I'm absolutely not watching anything from WCG, or involving Dignitas in any way.

Not laundered streams, not jacked streams, not recordings, nothing. This nonsense doesn't deserve viewer support.

The entire ordeal has very much soured the idea of "competitive gaming" for my palette. If this is what the gaming scene has to look forward to, we may as well rewind things to 1995 status. Egghead software, games are for nerds in basements, etc.

This is BAD press for gaming.

MasterfulWizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2011

I won't be watching their stream

Dallin423

11-01-2011

I am in

IMepicwombat

11-01-2011

pledged to watch it on another stream. screw WCG i don't want them getting money if they are gonna allow that kind of ****.

Kuranes

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allforher View Post
I voted yes, but im going to watch anyways just like all of you will.
Naw, this just makes you a weirdo and kind of a liar. Why purposely ruin a poll? People may be quite serious about avoiding this debacle of a tournament.

Eulogistics

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooooooooooooopy View Post
Yeah, everyone watch through Dyrus/Regis streams. Give them the money WCG would have gotten for ads!
The advertisers pay the servers up front. At that level, it's not the Youtube "Pay per viewer" deal that mom-and-pop streams get, and they'll still get money from sponsors and advertisers at the event itself. Do what you gotta do, but I think they're getting their money back by you watching teh event period.

Geryth

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogistics View Post
The advertisers pay the servers up front. At that level, it's not the Youtube "Pay per viewer" deal that mom-and-pop streams get, and they'll still get money from sponsors and advertisers at the event itself. Do what you gotta do, but I think they're getting their money back by you watching teh event period.
That's why we send them messages to make them reverse their final decisions so that don't half to boycott them in the first place.

La Box

Recruiter

11-01-2011

This is exciting. I haven't pledged to anything since the American flag in elementary school.

123456 ... 9